Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #316
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Cheshire -- thanks for the review link. The Queen Victoria Room dinner sounds lovely!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #317
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
The staff specifically encouraged us to take pictures if we wanted and said not to worry at all about the flash. And TBH, if others took pictures, we never noticed it. Honestly, it's such an immersive experience, I hardly noticed a thing beyond our table, except for the nearby harpist.
Thanks for the reassurance!! My son will be extremely happy...
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #318
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!

Me and DH had our last night dinner there when we H-mooned in '98. The food there was amazing, but our favorite story from our trip (besides me getting felt up by Pluto...) involved the music. While we waited in between courses we played a little "name that tune" with what the harpist was playing. She was playing some more modern stuff, Eric Clapton, Sting, etc. Then she started playing a song that we couldn't figure out right away.

DH's O-face was priceless when he figured out she was playing "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
celestialred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #319
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread but kids are sick and I don't have time to read 21 pages of posts... :-) DH and I are thinking of doing the Chef's Table for our 10th Anniversary. Is it worth the price? I'm still not sure I want to spend $500+ on one dinner. We went to V&A's on our honeymoon, so it would be very romantic to go again on our 10th. (We did the main dining room on our Honeymoon and have never done the Chef's Table) If anyone of you has been, is it worth $250 a person?
Though I have not been yet we have ressies for Sept for our 19'th anniversary. We decided on the Queen Victoria room over the Chef table because we thought a small, quite dining room would be more romantic then a loud bright kitchen w/lot's of employees working hard. They are both the same cost. Menu Prix Fixe $200.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings $95.00 per Guest. Is it worth it??? well that's up to you. We figured w/ tip we will spend about $700. Pretty pricey but for dinner and a night of entertainment it's worth it for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialred View Post
Me and DH had our last night dinner there when we H-mooned in '98. The food there was amazing, but our favorite story from our trip (besides me getting felt up by Pluto...) involved the music. While we waited in between courses we played a little "name that tune" with what the harpist was playing. She was playing some more modern stuff, Eric Clapton, Sting, etc. Then she started playing a song that we couldn't figure out right away.

DH's O-face was priceless when he figured out she was playing "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.
Oh I would have loved that Pink Floyd is my fave.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #320
hoosiercruiser
Mouseketeer

I've loaded my Iphone pictures to my site arrivalwdw.shutterfly.com. They are not very good, but at least I have something. I even have a pic of the six desserts on our table. LOL!

Magic Eastern 2009; Magic Western 2012; Countdown to the Fantasy Western 2013

Last edited by hoosiercruiser; 04-23-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: fix typo
hoosiercruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #321
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialred View Post

The harpist's selections provided a lot of amusement to my girlfriends and me during our dinner. None of them are Disney people, but all commented about how fine yet unstuffy the whole experience was.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #322
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Scott Joseph, the former Restaurant Critic for The Orlando Sentinel, has just today published a review of dining in the Queen Victoria Room.

Thanks. Great review. Hope we can book it when we go in Dec.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #323
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread but kids are sick and I don't have time to read 21 pages of posts... :-) DH and I are thinking of doing the Chef's Table for our 10th Anniversary. Is it worth the price? I'm still not sure I want to spend $500+ on one dinner. We went to V&A's on our honeymoon, so it would be very romantic to go again on our 10th. (We did the main dining room on our Honeymoon and have never done the Chef's Table) If anyone of you has been, is it worth $250 a person?
YES if you like fine dining. After we ate there I looked at my boyfriend and said I want to go here once a year and if it means that I never eat out at another restaurant again in order to afford it, fine. It would have been worth it.

We are going in Sept!

Oh and LeBernadin in NYC cost us over $700 for the meal w/ wine pairings. Ohhhh yum but it still wasn't as good as V&A

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #324
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
The beautiful thing about places like V&A is they take typical or common and make it extraordinary.
I think what works so well is the actual pairing. We had a cold cantelope soupy thing (technical term) and the wine went so perfectly with it. I felt like Remy in ratatoullie when he described how food tasted, how it just explodes in your mouth like a symphony. We took a bite and took a sip and it was like the 181 oveture.

I will post the actual title of the course and the wine when I dig out the menu. I am sure if wasn't Fess Parker but whatever it was....oh my!

Just booked the Queens room for 9-29 I didn't tell me DBF he knows that we are going just not that I booked the Queens room. He is retiring from the Coast Guard after 28 years so I want to do something special!

Lisa
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #325
mitadoh
Disney World Geek

Quick ?

Are they still calling to reconfirm and discuss any dietary needs? My reservation is next Monday and DW is pregnant so alot of the fish items are out for her, plus I am a total seafood/fish no go type of person. I know ---. coo-coo. My poor DW is such a seafood lover it drives her mad sometimes. I will take her out to any fish restaraunt she may like but there is no way it is to be cooked inside the house.

Mickey used to be her favorite person in the whole world.
mitadoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #326
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitadoh View Post
Are they still calling to reconfirm and discuss any dietary needs? My reservation is next Monday and DW is pregnant so alot of the fish items are out for her, plus I am a total seafood/fish no go type of person. I know ---. coo-coo. My poor DW is such a seafood lover it drives her mad sometimes. I will take her out to any fish restaraunt she may like but there is no way it is to be cooked inside the house.
They call....but......

I am not a fish person either but the way they cook fish is not like any fish I have had anywhere else in my life. I would seriously eat anything they put in front of me.

Lisa
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #327
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Love this thread and excited about upcoming visit......bumping....so others may find it and respond with their advice.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #328
splashmountainjaxson
AP Holder & DVC Member

Harpist

First - I am getting so excited!!! Our trip begins this Thursday

I am pretty sure V&A will be calling me today, to confirm our reservation this week. My DH and I will be celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversary, and I thought, I could suprise him, by having the Harpist play our wedding song.

I am sure they would accomodate, has anyone else requested such?

Our song is Woman by John Lennon.

Now, I just have to think when I want it played....

1979, 1982, 1984-1987 Poly/1989 Marriott World Center 1993 *1995 *1997 Beach Club&2002 Offsite /2004 Coronado & Wilderness Lodge 2005 Coronado,Beach Club & Swan/2006 Beach Club & Saratoga / 2007 Saratoga / 2008 Dolphin & Saratoga / 2009 Wilderness Lodge & Boardwalk / 2010 Trips: May - Saratoga Springs & Dolphin Sep - Dolphin Nov - Boardwalk Villas & Bay Lake Tower / Jan 2011 - Grand Floridian / Feb 2012 - Boardwalk Villas / May - Swan / Nov - Saratoga Springs / Beach Club Concierge / Feb 2013 - Boardwalk / Nov 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Boardwalk Inn Concierge / Feb 2014 - Boardwalk Villas / Nov 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
splashmountainjaxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #329
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Got my ADR for V&As Queen Victoria Room!!!!
12/1/2010 at 6:30 pm

Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #330
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You could of course ask for a song from the harpist. If she knows it she may accommodate you. I remember my friend asking for Send In The Clowns. But I think you should ask her directly, it won't be much use to ask whoever calls you on the phone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: