Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #256
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
The blog report seems to indicate everyone at the table got the same dish for each course.

Does anyone know if that's the practice now?

Dis Yoda -- I think you mentioned that was the case on your last visit to the Chef's Table.

One of the things dh and I enjoy about the Chef's Table as they would bring us each a different dish for each course. We would taste from each others' dishes and get to try many different things. Plus, the wine pairings would be different, so we got to taste twice as many wines as we would have if the same dish had been brought to us for each course.

Anyone know the practice these days?

We dined there on January 28th, and the same dishes were served for everyone at our table of four for all courses except one. One course served two dishes for two and two other dishes for the other two.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #257
Tara
Bad Influence

I assume that V&A's is included in the 180+10 dining window. Is that correct, or is it straight up 180 days?

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #258
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
I assume that V&A's is included in the 180+10 dining window. Is that correct, or is it straight up 180 days?
There isn't a general consensus about this as there have been mixed reports on all sides of the issue.

From most of what you hear, the general dining room can be booked at 180 +10. However, that's not usually a huge concern, as the main dining room doesn't book out as fast as some other Disney dining locations. Even at 100 days, you can usually get a table at Victoria & Albert's.

The Chef's Table is the hardest ADR to get at WDW, and it's generally reported that you cannot book at 180 +10. That must be done at exactly 180 days.

I personally had a different experience booking the Chef's Table. I booked my ADR for the Chef's Table at 90 +10 right before the Disney ADR system went back to 180 days for their ADRs. It's not clear if my luck was the result of a temporary glitch in the computer system due to the changing of ADRs (I booked less than a week before the big switch) or if it was a permanent change at Disney.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #259
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Last night we ate in the main dining room for my 25th birthday. Everything was fantastic and I'll be posting a full review over the next few days. Our expectations were surpassed by far and we cannot wait to go back
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #260
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Thank you, Tricia, for the additional information. That's rather disappointing to hear.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #261
TinkerBelle_325

V&A Menu from March 25th 2010

Amuse-Bouche
Taittinger Prestige Cuvee NV

- Demitasse cup with smoked salmon, tomato salad and celery root puree
- Organic hen's egg smoked salmon custard
- Potato blini with creme fraiche, egg yolk, cornichon and caviar
- Smoked salmon panna cotta with salmon roe

1st Course
- Maine Lobster with Watermelon Radish, Kohlrabi, and Vanilla Aioli
Baileyana Chardonnay "Firepeak Vineyard" Edna Valley 2006
- Colorado Buffalo with Fennel, Honeybell Oranges and Lavosh
Lasseter Syrah Rose, Sonoma 2008
- Galilee Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $90 1/2 oz $180 1 oz
- DeSietra Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $60 1/2 oz $120 1 oz
Ciroc Vodka

2nd Course
- Diver Scallop with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Popcorn-crusted Shrimp with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce (for DDad who can't eat scallops)
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Sake-Soy-marinated King Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Kanbara "Bride of the Fox" Gohyakumangoku Junmai Ginjo, Nigata
- Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon $30
Bisson Bianchetta, Golfo del Tigullio (DOC) Genova 2007
- Timbale of Ratatouille (made available by Chef Hunnel as requested by DDad)
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006

3rd Course
- Lobster Bisque with Vol au Vent and Vanilla Foam
Chimay Ale Peres Trappistes, Belgium
- Poulet Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, Black Trumpet Mushrooms and English Peas
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006
- Duck Breast, Duck Sausage and Confit with Salsify and Pomegranate Sauce
Acacia "Winery Lake Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Carneros 2006

4th Course
- Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Baby Beets and Sherry-Bacon Vinaigrette
Trinitas "Old Vine" Zinfandel, Contra Costa County 2005
- Niman Ranch Lamb with Fresh Cannellini Bean Cassoulet
Beni Di Batasiolo Sovrana Barbera d' Alba, Piedmont DOC 2006
- Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin, Shank and Sweetbread with Marble Potatoes and Sauce Soubise
Pirathon Shiraz, Barossa Valley 2005
- Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic Potato Puree $35
- Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus
Benziger "Tribute" Sonoma Mountain 2006

5th Course
- 36-month Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, Coach Farm Goat, Thomasville Tomme, Thomas Hoe Stevenson Stilton, (Fiscalini Cheddar subbed for DDad and I due to allergy)
Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Potro 2003
- White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings and Micro Orchids
Paolo Saracco Moscato D'Asti, Piedmont 2007

6th Course
- Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne-Chambord Truffle and Macarated Pomegranate Seeds
- Meyer Lemon and Blood Orange Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet
- Caramelized Banana Gateau
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
- Grand Marnier Souffle
- Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #262
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

this menu is very simular to the menu we had in October.
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #263
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
I would say about half seemed the same or similar to my October experience. But I was glad that some of it was changed. They really need to change it up more often.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #264
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
I would say about half seemed the same or similar to my October experience. But I was glad that some of it was changed. They really need to change it up more often.
I agree that some menu items are similar to the September/October Menu, but the preparations were slightly different.

The poulet rouge was different from Sept, as was the duck. The pairings were altered and we did not feel the dishes were repetitive despite having them 6 months ago. We actually felt all the dishes we had were different than those in Sept, some in dramatic and others in subtle ways.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #265
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

What does bother me a bit is the fact that if you want steak (which many people do) you can't get it unless you pay extra. That wasn't always the case, as Mrs U often got the filet at V&A.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #266
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Thanks, TinkerBelle_325, for posting the menu. We dined there last night and, as always, thoroughly enjoyed it. We particularly appreciated the Fess Parker wines that were integrated among our wine pairings.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #267
schoen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
What does bother me a bit is the fact that if you want steak (which many people do) you can't get it unless you pay extra. That wasn't always the case, as Mrs U often got the filet at V&A.
This drives me nuts too, and might even impact our decision to go there. It is already SO expensive, but my husband LOVES beef. He will want it I am sure... but I don't want to pay for it!
schoen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #268
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

That's just my point. It already is very $$$$ and then to make folks add even more $$$$$ just to get steak! I can see them offering the Kobe Steak as an "upgrade" to those that are interested, but just to have that or NO steak at all is a bit much, I think....
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #269
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
I don't know how it was before, but when we dined there in 2005 we had to pay extra for the Kobe as well. I also chose Foie Gras as one of my appetizer courses which was an additional cost as well. It's generally understood that these items are super premium and come at an additional cost. We were able to sample the Waygu during our Chef's Table meal as part of it, and it was AMAZING. It's very rare and expensive and that's why there's an even higher cost for that item. There are still very delicious entrees that are included in the price, they just don't happen to be beef.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #270
Disneyadore
DIS Veteran

This was the menu last May.

Disneyadore is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: