Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #211
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
All reservations for V&A including Chef's Table, are 180 days. But for Chef's Table, I was told they wouldn't allow the +10 perk for onsite guests. Other people have posted contradictions to what I've been told, and I can't get a clear cut answer.
I was one of the cases that got the +10, but mine probably isn't the fairest example since I reserved it on 10/21 (6 days before the craziness of switching back to 180 days from 90 days) It's entirely possible that the computer system had glitches in it at that time.

We went on 1/28 and it was absolutely delightful!!
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #212
mitadoh
Disney World Geek

Ok, I just called to try and get a reservation but the system said that reservations were closed and that the hours were M-F 9-7 and S & S 9-5. Yet when I called it was 5:30 on a Thursday. Anyone else experience this?

Mickey used to be her favorite person in the whole world.
mitadoh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #213
kpatches
Mouseketeer

What is the +10 perk????
Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #214
PrincessAurora
Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in green tights when you can have the Tag Fairy! ;)

I am going to my first solo trip to V&A's. Have one couple trip and one Chefs Table under my belt already. My ressie is for Friday night the 12th but I have not received a call yet. I leave on Saturday the 6th. I eat just about anything but am allergic to blue cheese. Should I call tomorrow or just wait?

Thanks!

DL/DCA - too many times to count, Grand Californian Concierge 04, '10, DL Hotel '12
Club 33 - '91, 98, '99, '05
WDW - ASMusic: 10/98 - Port Orleans: 3/00 - Wilderness Lodge: 11/01, 10/03, 2/06, 4/07 - Animal Kingdom Lodge: 2/10, 3/12 - Boardwalk 1/14
Disney Cruise: Bahamas - 2013, Alaska - 2016[/FONT]
PrincessAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #215
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatches View Post
What is the +10 perk????
+10 is my reference to the Disney resort guest perk of being able to make all your dining reservations for up to 10 days of your trip, from 180 days before your check in date. So technically, the dining reservations are 180 days for everyone, and 180+10 for Disney resort guests only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora View Post
I am going to my first solo trip to V&A's. Have one couple trip and one Chefs Table under my belt already. My ressie is for Friday night the 12th but I have not received a call yet. I leave on Saturday the 6th. I eat just about anything but am allergic to blue cheese. Should I call tomorrow or just wait?

Thanks!
V&A should be calling to confirm your reservation and your dining allergies. You should absolutely mention the blue cheese allergy.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #216
PrincessAurora

BriarRosie, I made the ressie through Dreams so I don't think they have my phone number. Perhaps I will call tomorrow. Is the standard V&A line the one to use?

DL/DCA - too many times to count, Grand Californian Concierge 04, '10, DL Hotel '12
WDW - ASMusic: 10/98 - Port Orleans: 3/00 - Wilderness Lodge: 11/01, 10/03, 2/06, 4/07 - Animal Kingdom Lodge: 2/10, 3/12 - Boardwalk 1/14
Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #217
PrincessAurora

Omg!

OK, off topic for a sec - BriarRosie - I saw your blog link and that your blog is also on Blogspot..... Umm, LOL, we picked the SAME color combo/style for our Disney blogs!

I guess great minds think alike!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #218
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
BriarRosie, I made the ressie through Dreams so I don't think they have my phone number. Perhaps I will call tomorrow. Is the standard V&A line the one to use?
Or you can get your Dreams agent to call and give V&A your food allergy info. That's what travel agents are good for. Otherwise sure, you can call the direct V&A phone number.

Quote:
OK, off topic for a sec - BriarRosie - I saw your blog link and that your blog is also on Blogspot..... Umm, LOL, we picked the SAME color combo/style for our Disney blogs!

I guess great minds think alike!
It's not difficult when there are few template choices. But you reminded me that I haven't updated it in a few months.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #219
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

If anyone has the manager's email address, can they PM me it?

During my experience at the Chef's Table something occurred that I want to bring to their attention.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #220
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post

During my experience at the Chef's Table something occurred that I want to bring to their attention.
What happened??
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #221
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Has anyone found out if you have to have the wine paring in the new dining room at Victoria & Alberts?
PaulaSB12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #222
SpinDisc
Engagement Coordinator

Quote:

Dis_Yoda - unfortunately, I don't have their e-mail. But I think calling may work a little quicker, and be more effective. (Although I can understand the reason for wanting to send an e-mail - it's quick and easier to go back and edit, to make sure what you're saying sounds just right. Hard to do that when talking on the phone - but just write yourself a script before you call. I do it all the time). This is also assuming the situation was bad, which it may not be...but I'm going to guess by you post that whatever happened, wasn't good. Hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Has anyone found out if you have to have the wine paring in the new dining room at Victoria & Alberts?
PaulaSB12 - I posted a while back about this. I called V&A and left a message asking this question. A CM called back and left a message (which I still have on my phone) which states that if you "buyout" the entire room, then the wine pairings become mandatory. However, if you do what I did, and just reserve a single table, and share the room with another couple, than the wine pairings are optional. Hope this helps.

Speaking of the Queen Victoria Room - has anyone been to it yet? I'd be interested in hearing about experiences.

Thanks,
Spin

1990 - WDW: CONT ~ 2005 - WDW: CBR ~ 2006 - DCL: Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) ~ 2007 - DL: GCH ~ 2008 - WDW: SS (Enagaged!) ~ 2009 - DCL: Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Disneymoon - Magic) ~ 2010 (June) - WDW: BLT@C ~ 2010 (Aug.) - WDW: SS (1st Anniversary) ~ 2011 (Jan.) - WDW: SS (1/2 Marathon) ~ 2011 (Aug.) - DCL: Bahamas Cruise (Dream)
SpinDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #223
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Nothing was wrong with the food or the wine. Our pacing was extremely fast for the chef table with a wine pairing as we were through with it in 2.5 hours. I ended up getting I'll while trying to get to the restroom and the reaction from the staff made me feel much worse about it than I already did. To the point where when they rushed my husband from the table on the back not knowing what happened he got to hear the waitors laughing about it. I do not spend over $600 on a meal to leave feeling even worse that I just did by the staff. I have no idea why the pacing was so quick. We only saw the chef for half our courses. I've attended many wine dinners at Disney and other places with nothing ever happening like that before.

The new room has only been open for 4 days now. No one was in it last night. They told us a lot about it during our table experience that certain dishes get made infront of you.

The chefs table no longer has different dishes than one another as everythingwe got served was the same. So the part of the experience where you got to share with your tablemates is no longer occuring.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #224
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nothing was wrong with the food or the wine. Our pacing was extremely fast for the chef table with a wine pairing as we were through with it in 2.5 hours. I ended up getting I'll while trying to get to the restroom and the reaction from the staff made me feel much worse about it than I already did. To the point where when they rushed my husband from the table on the back not knowing what happened he got to hear the waitors laughing about it. I do not spend over $600 on a meal to leave feeling even worse that I just did by the staff. I have no idea why the pacing was so quick. We only saw the chef for half our courses. I've attended many wine dinners at Disney and other places with nothing ever happening like that before.

The chefs table no longer has different dishes than one another as everythingwe got served was the same. So the part of the experience where you got to share with your tablemates is no longer occuring.
Oh no. I am sorry about your experience Did you get to speak to the manager while you were there? I can't believe you were done in 2.5 hours - it has taken us longer to eat in the regular dining room. And I can't believe they give you the same menu items at the chef's table now - if that is a permanent change, then it is not appealing to me b/c my husband and I like to share so we can try a larger variety of dishes.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #225
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:

The new room has only been open for 4 days now. No one was in it last night. They told us a lot about it during our table experience that certain dishes get made infront of you.

Oh my goodness! 2.5 hours for the Chefs Table is WAY too fast! When we dined in the main dining room in Sept we were seated at 5:15 and left at 9 after a tour of the kitchen! Our meal was 3.5 hours and fewer courses than the Chefs Table AND when we toured the kitchen the guests at the chefs table were still there!!

Also, the wait staff reaction to your feeling ill is unacceptable!

If you are paying $600 for a meal at the Chefs Table you should see the Chef on EVERY course. I'm going to assume is wasn't Chef Hunnel?

Rather than calling, I would personally go and visit V&A to convey your disappointment in the pacing, service and overall experience.
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: