Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #196
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

I will try and post my menu from our dining experience when we are there on Valentines Day..... we are in the regualr dining room.... can't wait... so far DH still doesn't know about the surprise!!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #197
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
There's definitely more than one person who answers the phone there. I've called twice, and never spoken to an older woman. Maybe you're just getting the wrong person.
I've spoken to several people, but the older woman is the one that is most confusing. She had to keep putting me on hold to check with people about my questions.
She has been at the one to check us in when we've eaten at V&A also.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #198
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Exclamation The problem solved!!!!

I sent an e-mail to an individual I know at V&A and received the following signed by the general manager of V&A:

Quote:
My apologies if the staff at the Victoria and Albert's reservations office were not able to answer the questions. The Information is part of their training material but I will use your comments for further training.

The answer to your questions are as follows:

1. There are two different price structures for the room.
*If someone is buying the room as a private room the contract price is 295.00 per person with a minimum price of $2,100.00 plus gratuity and taxes
*If multiple couples are seated in the room the price is 200.00 for Food and the wine pairing ($95.00) is optional

2. Cast and Tables in Wonderland discounts will not be accepted at the Chef Table or Queen Victoria Room

Package plans: The only package plan accepted at Victoria and Albert's is the Platinum plan. The value of this plan is 125.00 per person. Guest may opt to use the Platinum plan at the Chef Table or Queen Victoria Room and pay the additional balance with any other form of payment.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
So this is the official word!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #199
SpinDisc
Engagement Coordinator

Thanks, Cheshire Figment! Actually, I received a call from someone from V&A, saying the exact same thing. I left a message earlier in the day yesterday, and they called back in the afternoon stating exactly what you said (Buyout the room = $295...Share the room = $200 (+ optional Wine Pairing @ $95).

I'm sure any confusion before had to do with the newness of the room - can wait to go in August!

Spin

1990 - WDW: CONT ~ 2005 - WDW: CBR ~ 2006 - DCL: Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) ~ 2007 - DL: GCH ~ 2008 - WDW: SS (Enagaged!) ~ 2009 - DCL: Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Disneymoon - Magic) ~ 2010 (June) - WDW: BLT@C ~ 2010 (Aug.) - WDW: SS (1st Anniversary) ~ 2011 (Jan.) - WDW: SS (1/2 Marathon) ~ 2011 (Aug.) - DCL: Bahamas Cruise (Dream)
SpinDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #200
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDisc View Post
Thanks, Cheshire Figment! Actually, I received a call from someone from V&A, saying the exact same thing. I left a message earlier in the day yesterday, and they called back in the afternoon stating exactly what you said (Buyout the room = $295...Share the room = $200 (+ optional Wine Pairing @ $95).

I'm sure any confusion before had to do with the newness of the room - can wait to go in August!

Spin
I am glad this seems to be figured out. I am still really mad that b/c due to the fact that the staff didn't know the details of the room (or maybe b/c the details weren't finalized yet), I was not allowed to make a reservation for 4 people for the QVR. I was told that the price would be $295 per person regardless of whether we wanted the wine pairings or not. Now it is too late for us to change our plans and eat in the QVR b/c we have decided on a later reservation in the regular dining room. Oh well, maybe next time.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #201
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Yes, they called us to ask about any allergies or dislikes..if you tell them you don't like mushrooms, for instance, you won't see any on your menu.
We went a couple of years ago and opted for the wine pairing, my DH also upgraded couple of things (if I remember correctly, you get a couple of regular choices for each course and then one upgraded choice for an extra cost) - I think after tip we spent around $450. Not something I'd do every day, but I'm really glad we did it!

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #202
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Have they yet indicated exactly what the difference will be between the Chefs table and the QVR? Menu wise I mean. I understand there will be a bit more presentation, but is that it?
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #203
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Yes, they called us to ask about any allergies or dislikes..if you tell them you don't like mushrooms, for instance, you won't see any on your menu.
We went a couple of years ago and opted for the wine pairing, my DH also upgraded couple of things (if I remember correctly, you get a couple of regular choices for each course and then one upgraded choice for an extra cost) - I think after tip we spent around $450. Not something I'd do every day, but I'm really glad we did it!
How far in advance do they call you... we are 11 days out... I would think it would be about a week from when you are dining? I can't wait to surprise DH!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #204
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
How far in advance do they call you... we are 11 days out... I would think it would be about a week from when you are dining? I can't wait to surprise DH!!!
They call 7 - 10 days in advance. Have a great time, you'll absolutely love V&A. It is the most amazing meal we have ever had and we are major "foodies"

A word on dislikes though - I would recommend just stating allergies.

I *hate* tomatoes. I never eat them in their raw form and I rarely eat anything with them in it unless it is tomato sauce or ketchup. I told my parents that tomatoes were the only things I didn't want to try at V&A.

I simply listed our allergies (white fish & blue cheese for DDad, blue cheese for me).

When we arrived and our amuse bouche was delivered it was.......A celebration of TOMATOES

I was open minded and I ended up LOVING every last bite. I still don't *like* the texture of raw tomatoes, but this made me appreciate the flavor, complexity and versatility of the ingredient. I wouldn't have experienced that had I told them I disliked tomatoes.

Be adventerous and I guarentee you'll enjoy
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #205
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Indeed. V&A acknowledges allergies only, not "dislikes." If you don't like something, state it as an "allergy" and the professional V&A staff will note it...at least that was the policy last year when we dined there twice.

In any event, be prepared for Disney dining at its best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #206
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Thank you.... there isn't anything we are allergic to so no worries there (DD is but she isn't going with us this trip).... looking forward to sharing this evening with my men!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #207
kpatches
Mouseketeer

When is VDR starting up??? My son and his girl love V&A. They are getting married in September and will be going to honeymoon in Disney. They were thinking about doing the Chef's table but VDR sounds really special (perfect for the two of them). Also how far in advance will they take reservations for VDR???
Old 02-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #208
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatches View Post
When is VDR starting up??? My son and his girl love V&A. They are getting married in September and will be going to honeymoon in Disney. They were thinking about doing the Chef's table but VDR sounds really special (perfect for the two of them). Also how far in advance will they take reservations for VDR???
180 days

Its started Feb 1st I believe.

I have a reservation at the Chef Table in a couple days & can report back after dinner that evening! (If I haven't had too much wine)
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #209
kpatches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
180 days

Its started Feb 1st I believe.

I have a reservation at the Chef Table in a couple days & can report back after dinner that evening! (If I haven't had too much wine)
Thanks, Dis Yoda, Have a great Dinner and I will look forward to your report. How far in advance can you make Reservations???
Old 02-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #210
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Indeed. V&A acknowledges allergies only, not "dislikes." If you don't like something, state it as an "allergy" and the professional V&A staff will note it...at least that was the policy last year when we dined there twice.

In any event, be prepared for Disney dining at its best.
You can tell them any food you don't want included. When I went to V&A a few months ago with friends, one friend has a serious condition that forbids nuts or seeds in her food. But, since I know she hates mushrooms as a personal preference, I made sure V&A knew "no mushrooms" for her, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatches View Post
Thanks, Dis Yoda, Have a great Dinner and I will look forward to your report. How far in advance can you make Reservations???
All reservations for V&A including Chef's Table, are 180 days. But for Chef's Table, I was told they wouldn't allow the +10 perk for onsite guests. Other people have posted contradictions to what I've been told, and I can't get a clear cut answer.

Maybe I need Cheshire Figment to ask about the 180+10 for Chef's Table...and if the answer is still 180 days only.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: