Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Chelmarie53
Undercover Princess

Your thoughts on the POFQ food court

I've come across quite a few negative reviews of POFQ's food court that have me kind of worried. What have been your experiences with it? I was very young the last time I stayed there and have no real memories of the menu/service.

Any help is appreciated
Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

I was there last yr for Bk and it was good.
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
BingBang
Earning My Ears

We also stayed at POFQ last year and were pleased overall with the food at the food court. Mostly we only ate breakfast there, but we thought the food was good and you get plenty of it. Some personal faves are the beignets, choc chip pancakes, and the country biscuits w/sausage gravy!
BingBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We've stayed there 4 times and will be there again in September. Don't worry about the food court- it's perfectly adequate. Breakfast foods seem to be better than lunch or dinnner, in general.
My only major quibble with the food court is its gross inefficiency - service can be extremely slow. The place just does not seem to be set up for the quickest and easiest way to serve a lot of people. You may have to order your family's meals at several stations. To get dessert, you'll stand in another line. If you want beignets and are in line behind several others who are ordering the same thing, be warned: they will cook and serve ONE ORDER AT A TIME before starting the next one. (Why can't someone say, "who wants beignets?" and cook a couple dozen at a time?) They take forever to cook so you could be waiting for 20-30 minutes.
At breakfast time, this can be maddening, especially if you hail from the North where everybody seems to be in big hurry, at least to Southern standards. So maybe the slowness is part of the 'Nawlins atmosphere?

Wow. I guess I really DO have some problems with the food court at POFQ....
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
condomom
Earning My Ears

We stayed there last year and thought the food court was fine, we ate one dibnner and 2 breakfast there, plus alot of beignets, lol
condomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

I was there in December and thought that it was fine. I liked the muffeletta.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
maddmike
DVC Member

We ate at POFQ a few times and we pleased with everything including the service. Every place will get some negetive feedback no matter how good they are. Can't please everyone sometimes.
maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
Missytara
I'm all ears!

maddmike - I agree. You are not going please everyone.

I was behind a woman in line a few years ago at the Food Court at POR, with three children. She was just absolutely flustered, and complaining to the check-out girl that the place was so big, by the time she went to the place she wanted and to each of the three stations her children wanted to go to, the food was already cold. She kept harping at this poor check-out girl, while the line was growing longer, and now my food is getting cold. In other words, she couldn't get organized enough and tell her kids that she was in charge and this is how we are going to do it.

I suggested that she try it a bit differently the next day. Each day, one kid would get to pick where they got to eat, and it was their special day. Make a game out of it. She looked at me like I was insane. She said, my children are all picky eaters and it would never work. I said, maybe that is the problem. She walked off in a huff, but thank goodness, she finally left and I could pay for my now half-cold breakfast.

I sat a few tables over from her, and here's the funny part, When I sat down, she was running around getting drinks and silverware, napkins, etc. She gets back to the table and collapses, and all three of her children were like, you know, Mom, we would like to do what that lady said. We think it would be fun. We can draw names out of a hat and then we get to pick what everyone eats that morning, and it is our special day. And it could be for the whole day. We could be special for that day. It would be so much fun!!!!

She looked over at me and glared, but I felt really, really good. And I don't even have kids! You gotta think out of the box once in a while....

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
GC&S
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at POFQ 4 times and have always like the food court - probably because it's small so we don't have a lot of decisions to make . The chocolate chip pancakes are so good. We like to go in the evening and get ice cream there.
GC&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We were there in early June, we had breakfast there almost every morning and it was excellent and we had lunch there twice, the taco salad is AWESOME and I was very impressed with the muffaletta and fresh pasta salad that was incredible...we are staying at the POFQ for 11 days in Oct and I cannot wait to eat there again.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
Magalex
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed the POFQ food court in June. Food was prepared well and the food court workers were always so pleasant.
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
DCDisney
On my way...

We've stayed there a number of times and the food has always been reasonably good. They do not have nearly as many different snack options as they used to have and still have at lots of other resorts so we mostly did not use snack options there except for bengiets. The dessert choices are also pretty limited unless you are into ice cream usually 2 types of cookies and 3 cakes or my usual would be the bengiets Nothing was exciting but nothing was bad. We've had breakfasts, lunch, and dinner there.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
dano164
Earning My Ears

POFQ - Several X's

We have stayed at the POFQ several times and we enjoy the food court. Good variety and good service.
dano164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Ladysunflr
DIS Veteran

The decorations and the theme scare me. Also, I prefer the food court at riverside bc it's bigger and faster =)
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #15
karen l
DIS Veteran

We've also stayed @ POFQ a few times & the food has always been pretty good. My DS loves their cheeseburgers & chocolate cake. I noticed on more than one occasion staff checking the temps of the food. It was good to know they took food safety seriously.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: