Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #106
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Great Updates - loving all your pictures! We love Biergarten also... We only have 59 days until we return and can't wait.

Looking forward to the next installment!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #107
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
OML they are the worst. I'm sorry you had to get behind them. Great pictures of the inside. This is one place we have never gone. The inside remindes me of some of the little towns my parents would drive through when daddy was stationed over there. The train in Germany is from the town we lived in, Wurzburg. My little bro was born there. Loving the TR can't wait for more.
I didn't realize that the train was modeled after a specific one. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
oh man, I sure miss that pretzel bread!!!!!!

It's not my fav of the Epcot restaurants but they do have some good things and the music is pretty neat too!!!!
So far it's my favorite, but I haven't hit some of the "biggies" yet, like Le Cellier or Chefs de France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
The inside of the restaurant looks lovely. Have never eaten there and had no idea it was themed like that. That is a great family shot.
We really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Great Updates - loving all your pictures! We love Biergarten also... We only have 59 days until we return and can't wait.

Looking forward to the next installment!
Thank you! Do you have an ADR for Biergarten on your upcoming trip?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #108
dd50
DIS Veteran

I have never eaten at Biergarten's but I am sure I would like it but don't think my kids would. They aren't adventurous with food. Sounds like you all had a great meal. Great pics also.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 AM   #109
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I've recently read many reports of places I've never eaten at. Your pics and descriptions of Biergarten are very helpful to one who has never eaten there. Thank you.

the squinting eyes in many of the outdoor pix...hot, hot, hot and very sunny........and still you all have smiles on your faces...
Old 07-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #110
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I have never eaten at Biergarten's but I am sure I would like it but don't think my kids would. They aren't adventurous with food. Sounds like you all had a great meal. Great pics also.
I don't think it's too adventurous, but I realize that's in the eye of the beholder. When I was a kid I thought fish was too adventurous. Fortunately, I grew out of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I've recently read many reports of places I've never eaten at. Your pics and descriptions of Biergarten are very helpful to one who has never eaten there. Thank you.
That's hard to believe with all the trips you've taken Jordan. Thanks, and it's my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
the squinting eyes in many of the outdoor pix...hot, hot, hot and very sunny........and still you all have smiles on your faces...
Yes, it was hot and sunny and difficult to keep your eyes open for a picture, but we were in Disney!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #111
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's hard to believe with all the trips you've taken Jordan. Thanks, and it's my pleasure.
I know. Your pictures show how beautiful it is inside! Who knew? Well, unfortunately, the whole gang has input into where we eat, so we'll see if it makes the cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo
Yes, it was hot and sunny and difficult to keep your eyes open for a picture, but we were in Disney!
A bad day in Disney is better than...........just about anything.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #112
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Biergarten is one of my families favorties! My boys love the food there and I'd go just for the pretzel bread. Plus, it gives me a chance to bring out my rusty high school German.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #113
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Biergarten is one of my families favorties! My boys love the food there and I'd go just for the pretzel bread. Plus, it gives me a chance to bring out my rusty high school German.
I can see how it can be a family favorite. I'm sure we'll want to go back.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #114
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Enjoying the report and pics!
I head to POR in mid September!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #115
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingintheFog View Post
Enjoying the report and pics!
I head to POR in mid September!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! And I'm jealous of your upcoming trip. How many days will you be there for?

Thanks for reporting in from North America's most easterly city!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #116
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Quote:

Thank you! Do you have an ADR for Biergarten on your upcoming trip?
Yes we will be having lunch one of the days at Biergarten... I can't wait!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #117
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Quote:

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! And I'm jealous of your upcoming trip. How many days will you be there for?

Thanks for reporting in from North America's most easterly city!
Thanks!
I've 14 nights: 10 at POR and 4 at YC (orig 8 at POP, and 6 at YC).
Dined at Boma and PrimeTime (among others) last Sept and will include Ohana and Biergarten with others this trip.

Trying not to wish my summer away!
As of today I can now say "next month"! Woo Hoo!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #118
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CW4DW, I noticed that you seem to have stayed almost exclusively at POR!
Do you try for a certain room/building/section every trip, or just stay wherever they place you?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #119
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! Hopefully my TR has helped to whet your appetite.

Quote:
Thanks!
I've 14 nights: 10 at POR and 4 at YC (orig 8 at POP, and 6 at YC).
Dined at Boma and PrimeTime (among others) last Sept and will include Ohana and Biergarten with others this trip.

Trying not to wish my summer away!
As of today I can now say "next month"! Woo Hoo!
Wow, that's going to be a fantastic trip...14 nights!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #120
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CW4DW, I noticed that you seem to have stayed almost exclusively at POR!
Do you try for a certain room/building/section every trip, or just stay wherever they place you?
CW4DW definitely appears to be the POR expert -- 3 stays in the last couple of years and 2 more planned for later this year! I'd like to hear from CW4DW too.

WalkingintheFog, how many of you are there? If you need a bed to sleep a fifth person (trundle bed), they are only available in the Alligator Bayou section. Other than that, the AB theming is a little more rustic (like a sharecropper's quarters) and the Magnolia Bend theming is a little more elegant (like a plantation house). We've been happy with where they've assigned us for our 2 stays.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: