Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #121
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad the surprise worked out! What a great view!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
That sounds so cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
I'm so glad the surprise worked out!!!!

Sounds like it was an amazing time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
so glad the surprise worked out!!!
what an amazing view
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
I'm so glad it all worked and they were surprised! The note to the guard was good thinking on your part!
The view up there is super, I have only seen it at night so I enjoyed your photos of the parks and the Lagoon. What a great dinner!

Thanks guys! It was lovely to surprise them. Especially when I saw how much they all enjoyed it.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #122
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Happy 4th July!!!

We are avoiding the parks this weekend so we head off this morning to DownTown Disney to pick up all the little bits and bobs we have seen on our previous trips. It is very quiet when we arrive about 10am. There are dancers from schools performing on the stage which was great to watch.
We picked up our decorations from the Christmas Shop, got some Mr Potato Head bits and My Little Pony stuff from the Toy store. We spent far too much money in the World of Disney store. This was not helped by the fact that I left my annual pass at home knowing we were not going to a park so we were unable to get the AP discount! Oh dear!

Posing with the figures

From there we made our way to Premium outlets. I sat with the girls in the food hall while the others looked round. Food hall was terrible. I lined up for a slice of pizza for us to share and bought 2 juices. So I had a buggy to push, a tray to carry and 2 young kids to manage. I didn’t think it through really. Then when I had got it all I realised that there were no tables at all. Not a single one. Everytime someone stood up there was a stampede to get to the table. I stood no chance pushing my buggy with one hand and carrying the tray with the other! Someone beside me called me and said they were leaving – they obviously saw my problem – which was fantastic. They got up and I sat down only to be challenged by a woman who had no food at all and was scouting for a table. It was a stand off and there was no way I was walking away. I just ignored her and got the girls seated. Once settled we ate our pizza and chilled out waiting for the rest to finish the shopping. I don’t think anyone got much of what they wanted. I forgot to say that we had been to the Prime outlets after Hollywood Studios and I think they saw more there. Looks like a return visit is on the cards!

We went back to the villa and got our costumes on and went to the Clubhouse and resort pool. It was lovely there. The pool is huge with a water slide and things. Its zero entry so great for the kids.

We played there for a while before heading back to the villa to get showered and ready to go out and celebrate 4th July.

We dropped into a Golden Corral for our dinner and they had amazing chocolate fudge and these chocolate ball things on the dessert counter. I am not usually big on dessert but I couldn’t wait to eat my dinner so I could tucked into them. They were delicious. Even nicer than they looked!!! Yummy!

We were at the Golden Corral which was at the crossroads on the 192 for Celebration so we headed in that direction (not really having a clue where to go!). We followed a stream of cars through the town and the streets were parked solid with cars. We went through the town centre and started out the other side when we saw some kids at the side of the road advertising parking. We took the chance and turned in. It was the local high school and they were allowing parking in the school grounds for $7 for the PTA. Brilliant idea. We parked and asked if there was a bathroom nearby. They let us use the one inside the school so we went in and Es jaw dropped. She told me it was very High School Musical and was amazed by the girls there (think she thought Gabriella was going to turn up). We took a short walk into the town centre and it was very busy.

Lots of red/white/blue and food stalls everywhere. We walked around and E took part in the limbo dancing activities by a radio station.

My 2 dressed in red, white and blue with their little flags!

We planned not to wait till the fireworks show as E was not keen and we thought it would be a nightmare to get out of the car park and home afterwards. We really enjoyed walking round but it was not as fun as we hoped. I guess we just had such good memories of 4th July on Nantucket. We stayed for a couple of hours and made our way out. Stopped by a shop and bought some tshirts and back to the car. As we made our way back out of town the line of cars backed up all the way back to the 192 and a little along. It was terrible. It didn’t move at all and we were very glad that we left when we did. I could not imagine that they would have got into town before the fireworks started. All in all a lovely day. Relaxing. Early night so we can get up early to go West to the beach!

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 08-06-2009 at 05:11 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #123
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Caught up again. I have got to try California Grill. So glad your surprise worked out so well and everyone had a fantastic time.

Wish Celebration would have been better, looked very crowded. It probably was a good idea to get out of there early, you had seen the best fireworks the night before anyways.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 08-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #124
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Caught up again. I have got to try California Grill. So glad your surprise worked out so well and everyone had a fantastic time.

Wish Celebration would have been better, looked very crowded. It probably was a good idea to get out of there early, you had seen the best fireworks the night before anyways.
You should try it - for a special occasion maybe!!

Celebration was a good night but you are right it was very busy - jam packed with people and I was also worried about keeping the girls with me. Mum loved Celebration last time and we will probably go back again next trip.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #125
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Awsome update! I'm glad the guard went along with the suprise. The pictures from Cali Grill are great. I cannot imagine how cool the fireworks look from that view.
I love the pictures of the two Scottish princess' showing the American spirit on the 4th of July.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #126
froglover2
Mouseketeer

What a great time to be there for the 4th of July!!!
All Star Music 2009
All Star Music Aug 2011
DH DS Me
Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #127
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 11 - The beach and a Fantasmic night!!!

Okay now we were supposed to be getting up early to go to Clearwater today but it didn’t happen! We go via the supermarket to get some supplies for the car and some petrol. All stocked up we set off. The drive is very easy and before we know it we are approaching Tampa. Love the way that you drive through Tampa and then suddenly you see the sea. The views from Tampa to Clearwater Beach are spectacular. Such beautiful houses and boats!

Eventually we get to Clearwater Beach. We were contemplating going somewhere else but we decide to try to park close to where we went last year as it worked out well. Turns out we actually parked in the same spot! This year I made sure I was totally smothered in an extra thick layer of sun screen. There would be no repeat of last years’s sun burn experience. Girls were in their sun suits so they were fine. We found a great spot on the beach.

The water was warm and swimming in it was fabulous. (The sea here in the UK is just above freezing point I think which does not stop us paddling in it. Swimming in it would be taking it too far!!!) E was like a little fish and loves swimming under the waves. K enjoyed herself in the water too but had more fun playing in the sand. We were there for just over an hour and I felt the sun get too much for me. It was baking hot. I put on a cover up and a hat! We made sand castles, jumped on them and K had fun burying her feet in the sand. E collected some shells and decorated the castle and helped to destroy it!

After just under 2 hours we had enough sun and walked back to the car. We all tried to get changed a little before getting in to the car. It was not too easy!!!
Tummies rumbling we headed to try to find the little diner we went to last year as it was lovely. We found it and went inside. I love this place. Its very American and the staff were super friendly. Food was delicious and huge!!!!!! We ate all we could and since K was asleep they made her a little sandwich that we could take in the car for when she wakes up! So kind. If you ever find yourself in Clearwater Beach make a left at the roundabout you come in to and then its on the left just a little way down. It’s a bakery/ice cream parlour too. You won’t regret it!

All fed and watered we headed to the car and homeward.
Drive home was easy and before we knew it we were back at the villa. We had some time to relax and the girls played with their toys for a bit. K is really loving her Hello Kitty (or Pussums as she calls it).

Tonight we are heading in to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic.

We missed this last year as we are all excited to see it. We walk into the park and E and K see this!

Now its not exactly the Carousel but its close!!! We get there in plenty of time for the show – I think and hour and a half before. The rope has not dropped yet and Dad and DH decide they would like to try Tower of terror again and Dh wants to ride Aerosmith.

So Mum and I head to the rope with the girls with the pan of getting a good spot and grabbing something to eat. Rope drop was a nightmare. We did not bring the buggy to eliminate the hassle of parking and getting it back which can be a pain if it is busy. There were tour groups all pushing around it was a job trying to keep the 4 of us together. We made it down and grabbed seats leaving 2 spaces for the boys. They were not long at all on the rides and joined us. K, E and I shared some chicken strips and fries. For afters E had a frozen lemonade and I had Candy floss (yummy!).
The light faded and it was time for the show. E grabbed at my hand and every now and again would put it over her eyes at the scary bits!!!! Worked for her though and she enjoyed the bits she saw. E and K both loved the bit near the end with the big steamer carrying all the characters. I do actually love that bit too!!!!

As we exited DH noticed that the line for ToT was very short. So I said that I didn’t mind waiting if they wanted to ride again – so they did! The girls needed the bathroom anyway and we sat on the benches near the hat and watched the world go by. It was quiet there and the girls had fun running around and looking at the topiaries.

The guys enjoyed the ride and off we went. E got K to put her hands in the air on the tram like on a rollercoaster which E found very funny. Here is my Mum and my girls enjoying their tram ride.

Tomorrow we have our rearranged ADR at 1900 Park Fayre to look forward to……
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #128
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Wow looks like that was a fun 4th of July!

Aw..love the pics of the girls on the horse!

Fantasmic is a favorite of mine. I just can never get over how many people that place holds to watch it!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #129
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

Such a great day!! You can see the sun on Grandma's face at the end of the day
Old 08-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #130
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

GREAT report!!! I can't wait to read more.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #131
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Great updates. I'll have to check out that little place you ate in Clearwater. Still need to go to Clearwater. So glad you didn't get sunburned this time.

I love Fantasmic! They really should have more entrances to the show, getting in and out of the place is a little scary.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #132
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Such a fun beach day update. The water looks so clear. We stay near the Flordia/Alabama line when go to the beach. People say the further you travel down the Flordia coast water gets more blue/aqua colored. I can beleive it now.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #133
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Such a nice day! The beach looks wonderful! The water is so beautiful. I love the palm trees lining the road.
Your time at DHS sounds like a fun night. You guys were nice waiting for the guys to do ToT. Someday you will have to go on at night, very exciting!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #134
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wow looks like that was a fun 4th of July!

Aw..love the pics of the girls on the horse!

Fantasmic is a favorite of mine. I just can never get over how many people that place holds to watch it!
Its huge isn't it. Great show though. I love the way the story is projected onto the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
Such a great day!! You can see the sun on Grandma's face at the end of the day
You can can't you! She is very fair too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
GREAT report!!! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Great updates. I'll have to check out that little place you ate in Clearwater. Still need to go to Clearwater. So glad you didn't get sunburned this time.

I love Fantasmic! They really should have more entrances to the show, getting in and out of the place is a little scary.
You should try it!!! They do a special Greek lemon chicken soup which is lovely.

Me and the girls were absolutely fine this time. But DH had burnt bits, Mum had a few and smarty pants Dad who "never" burns had quite a red body!!!! He refused to belive it was red until i took a photo to show him. he did eventually have to admit he was quite red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
Such a fun beach day update. The water looks so clear. We stay near the Flordia/Alabama line when go to the beach. People say the further you travel down the Flordia coast water gets more blue/aqua colored. I can beleive it now.
The water there is a lovely colour. And so much warmer then the sea here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Such a nice day! The beach looks wonderful! The water is so beautiful. I love the palm trees lining the road.
Your time at DHS sounds like a fun night. You guys were nice waiting for the guys to do ToT. Someday you will have to go on at night, very exciting!
It is really nice to see a little bit of Florida other than the parks. It is very beautiful over there!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #135
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Just wanting to say I am reading along only up to page 5 though, pesky children keep interupting me....... really you think on the weekend they could go and bother their dad.

Have added one of those bike things to my list of things to do if and when we get back to WDW.

Just tried to talk hubby into trip with the free dining call and the kids would love it. No dice. In fairness we hope for another baby and a house extension next year so probably not a lot of money for a holiday. Although during said extension we will have to move out for a bit maybe we could go then.....

Your kids are so cute sounds like you are having a good time. Look forward to seeing how the rest of the trip goes.

Kirsten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: