Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #91
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Is that a Charlie and Lola shirt I see?

It sure is! We are fans in this house. I actually bought that for her in the shop in the UK at Epcot. It says "I will not ever never eat a carrot!" We thought it was appropriate!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #92
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm so glad that your little one sat thru the One Man's movie. I love it too. I can't wait to be able to see it in October on my solo trip. DH isn't a fan of it so I've missed it the last couple trips.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #93
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm so glad that your little one sat thru the One Man's movie. I love it too. I can't wait to be able to see it in October on my solo trip. DH isn't a fan of it so I've missed it the last couple trips.
That was my first time and I loved it. I'm sure K took none of it in but never mind. I really enjoyed seeing Walt as a younger man and he really had fun and laughter in his face. When you see the older version sometimes its hard to imagine that he had that in him. He has a kind and smiling face but not that sense of nonsense you know? But to see him larking about made total sense and he had just a lovely smile. I was quite touched by it.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #94
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up again! We've been on a mini vacation down at the Biltmore in North Carolina.
I think K is just adorable! She is so funny, I really enjoy all of her antics. E is such a wonderful sister, and a sweetheart worrying about spoiling everyone's time when she was sick. You have nice girls! I'm glad they recovered so quickly.
The Walmart shopping is interesting... what do you like buying? I am wondering what you got while here that you don't have there?
Have you got a Pandora bracelet? You mentioned looking at the beads. They are so pretty!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #95
irky416
DIS Veteran

Great update. I'm so glad K decided to meet the characters! The pictures are cute.

I love the shirt!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #96
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
I am all caught up again! We've been on a mini vacation down at the Biltmore in North Carolina.
I think K is just adorable! She is so funny, I really enjoy all of her antics. E is such a wonderful sister, and a sweetheart worrying about spoiling everyone's time when she was sick. You have nice girls! I'm glad they recovered so quickly.
The Walmart shopping is interesting... what do you like buying? I am wondering what you got while here that you don't have there?
Have you got a Pandora bracelet? You mentioned looking at the beads. They are so pretty!

Thanks for the compliments on my girls. They are very special and lovely company!

I do have a chamilia bracelet that I bought last year at Disney with a couple of disney beads. I have quite a few pandora and more chamilia charms on it aswell now. I love it! Just looking for some murano glass ones now to add some colour.

Walmart????
Where do I start? I have no idea why we love it so much! We have Asda here which is part of Walmart but its not as good! You have to remember the exchange rate is in our favour so that fuels our buying of useless things. This year, amongst other things, I bought:
Large pump bottles of shampoo and conditioner ( 2 of each - luggage weight allowance in that alone!)
Advil (they work so well and easy on the stomach. Bring huge bottle of those!)
Antibiotic gel. We can't get that at home so i usually bring loads for us and some for our friends aswell!
Calgel infant teething gel. We usually get this for us but as K is older we only had to bring that back for friends!
BandAids with characters on them. This year we bought Elmo, Littlest Petshop, Hello Kitty, High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Tinkerbell. We now have enough to last years. You don't get those at home either.
Assorted toiletries!
Craft sets for E. Great value.
DH got a hydration pack for his cycling.
T shirts as souveniers
Dog pressies for Millie. New collar this year!
Elmo crackers! K loves these!
Goldfish crackers and Kelloggs jellies. We have enough to last months!
Craft bits and bobs.
Stationary.
Kids plates and cups.
Kids sunglasses.
Toys. Brands that we can't get at home mainly and some just because we are on holiday and it is a treat. K loves Elmo and we can't get many Elmo things at home.

the list goes on! We shopped a lot at Target too this time as it was close to the villa. Noone will ever understand the pull of Walmart!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #97
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Great update! And that video of your girls is hilarious!!! And I'm glad your girls were feeling much better!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #98
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post

It sure is! We are fans in this house. I actually bought that for her in the shop in the UK at Epcot. It says "I will not ever never eat a carrot!" We thought it was appropriate!!!
I think that show is adorable. And that shirt is too!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #99
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Wow! You are a serious Walmart shopper! I do understand that feeling of being on vacation and seeing things you can't get at home and snatching them up.
My Pandora bracelet is full. I am thinking of splitting it into 2. The enamel beads always catch my eye. I haven't heard of a chamilia bracelet. I will have to look it up. It would be fun to have Disney beads!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #100
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Wow! You are a serious Walmart shopper! I do understand that feeling of being on vacation and seeing things you can't get at home and snatching them up.
My Pandora bracelet is full. I am thinking of splitting it into 2. The enamel beads always catch my eye. I haven't heard of a chamilia bracelet. I will have to look it up. It would be fun to have Disney beads!
Chamilia and Pandora are almost identical. They do the Disney range and they are gorgeous. I have the cinderella coach and the castle charms from that range They are lovely. Think there is something about other brands of charms not fitting a pandora bracelet but pandora charms do fit all other brands. Or something like that. If you are thinking of getting one you should check on that! here is the link to chamilia.

Chamilia beads

Would love to see your full bracelet if you have a pic. They are so beautiful when they are full.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #101
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Quote:
Walmart????
Where do I start? I have no idea why we love it so much!
WOW! I live in the land of Walmart home offices. I guess I take what they have for granted. I hate going to the Walmart Supercenter in my town - to busy! They have smaller stores called Neighborhood Markets, I like it much better although it is much smaller.
I like the Charlie & Lola shirt - it "goes with" the bunny foo foo song!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #102
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

loved to read your list of shopping pictures!!
my question is how did you guys manage to pack everything for the return trip home??
Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #103
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - Epcot and a super surprise evening. Part 1

It’s the day of my surprise! I had been a bit nervous about keeping my secret and DH thought I was going to blow it on numerous occasions! I was doing well though and noone was suspecting anything.

Epcot for opening again!!!! This time I made my way to Soarin for fastpasses. It was not as bad as what I thought. I did not rush, I just walked slowly and I got tickets for about 10.30 and I was at the back of the line. Not too bad! Dad, DH and E were already on Test Track standby when I got there after having got a baby swap pass for Mum and I. Here is a wee video of the loop bit of Test Track when Mum, E and I rode it! Sorry about the screaming!!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...t=P1040124.flv

Here is DH and E enjoying their time trying out the cars!

We had a little look at the butterfly garden on the way out. You try taking a picture of 2 girls when butterflies were around. Never going to happen!

We walked through Innoventions and the girls had some fun doing the Piggy Bank Adventure. They loved this and we ended up doing it again.

We earned enough for our dream vacation! Hope that is a good omen for a future trip to WDW!
Then its off to do Soarin! We got front row again which was great – I love being up front.
When we all had ridden K was fast asleep in her buggy and we set off for World Showcase. We had gone but a few steps and DH, Dad and E decide to go off and get a quick ride on Mission Space before we do so.

Plans are made to meet in China for lunch. Mum and I have a leisurely stroll towards China and have a little stop in Mexico. I love Mexico – it looks great in there. One day I must have dinner in here – its such a nice setting.

Then it is off to China. I have to say I love China too. All the buildings are so beautiful.

As K naps we sit and watch the world go by. When she wakes she has a little look round.

Eventually E appears and we have lunch which is delicious.
E has a plan in mind today and it involves Japan and the tales of Hello Kitty merchandise we have told her about. She has her purse with her and she has every intention of spending some money! We stop at the jungle drums of course and have a little play.

Some pics of the countries we passed on the way......

More in next post....

Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #104
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Chamilia and Pandora are almost identical. They do the Disney range and they are gorgeous. I have the cinderella coach and the castle charms from that range They are lovely. Think there is something about other brands of charms not fitting a pandora bracelet but pandora charms do fit all other brands. Or something like that. If you are thinking of getting one you should check on that! here is the link to chamilia.

Chamilia beads

Would love to see your full bracelet if you have a pic. They are so beautiful when they are full.
OMG! I went to that website and now I want to get one of those bracelets. I found a shop about a half hour drive from my house that says they sell them. I so need all those cute Mickey charms!!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 AM   #105
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - Epcot and a super surprise evening. Part 2

The second part of my post seems to have disappeared. Take two!

We reach Japan and let E loose on the shop. There is too much choice and she struggles to make decisions! K decides that she loves Hello Kitty too and picks out a Hello Kitty plush which you can dress up. Granny and granddad treat her to an outfit for it too. E chooses a bag, purse, etc and is also treated by her grandparents to some little extras.

We go to look at the Pearl counter and I decide to buy an oyster for each of them. The girl who opened them for her was fantastic – she made such a big deal of it for them. K was enthralled by her! Both pearls were 7mm and Ks was a bit pinkish and both were beautiful. We got them set in a pendant so each of them have a really beautiful reminder of the trip that they can keep forever.

It only took 20 mins to do so Steve waited and we wandered on with plans to meet in the UK as Mum wanted to see the British Invasion that she saw last year and loved. When we got there K’s favourite character Mary Poppins was on her way out to do a meet and greet so she took off in her direction and her and E had lovely interaction with her. Mary Poppins fixed Ks hair clasp which she was pleased about and they posed for some pics.

Afterwards they also met Alice who was a lovely girl – very in character!
E did not stop talking about Mary P for a long while.

E and I posing by the fountain in the UK.

As we walked through Canada we spotted Off Kilter on stage. It was very strange to be hearing men in kilts playing bagpipes and singing Loch Lomond in Disney! Lots of fun but no shade and we were baking so listened for a while then moved on.

Now knowing that we have a big night planned we get home and have a dip in the pool. Then its baths and showers all round as we get dressed up for our big night out.

Would I be able to pull off my big surprise??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: