Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #76
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 6 - Shopping and things go downhill.......

No pics today. Not even one was taken!!!!

So I will share a pic that DH took and thought was very ironic!

Very slow start this morning which was great. Got plans for shopping today and we decided on the Florida Mall since it was indoors and the weather looked to be a bit rainy. K not too bad this morning so was hoping it had passed. Gave her some Calpol just in case she got hot again. Did some serious shopping and had lunch. Got a few nice things to take home. I got myself a lovely GShock watch as I really wanted a digital watch for my time at Uni and on placement. Thought it would do me better than the watch I have at the moment. It’s a clear one with a sort of copper/peach colour on it. Really nice. Also had a look in Polka Dots at the Pandora charms. I didn’t get one as there were a lot of people in there and the line was long. I could not even get in to have a good look. E had a look in the Japan Inc store which sells lots of Hello Kitty stuff and also in the store which has the wave simulator in it. She loves to watch the people surf on it. For lunch I had Bourbon Chicken. What is that stuff? Its lovely. We can’t get it at home so must have it at the Florida Mall. Its has to be done!

As time passed noticed that K was getting hot and that E was starting to flag a lot which is not like her. Her temp then started to go up so we headed home. Got the girls some medicine and tried to get them settled. E complaining of a sore throat but K just hot. Short report! Our ADR for 1900 Park Fayre to have breakfast with Mary Poppins does not look good at this point.

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 07-25-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #77
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Has E fed the sting rays? That's a lot of fun too at Sea World if you are brave enough!
Did not see the feeding for the sting rays. Might try that next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
Great Sea World pictures. I can't beleive $7.00 for a few fish. I hope that K didn't get sick on your trip!
They were very expensive fish!!!! Dolphins have expensive tastes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Love the SeaWorld pics. Still need to go myself. Been to the one in TX, but not here in Florida.

Isn't there always one person that doesn't listen to the warning about getting wet and then gets upset.j

I have been wanting to ride Manta.

Hope K was feeling better the next day. And I never see fellow Dis members either, unless it is planned.

Wait, did your Mom plan like she did for AK?
You should do SeaWorld - its a really good park. If you buy a day ticket you get to come back within 7 days and have another day free. Think it is because its very hard to do it all in one day as a lot of it is shows.

No she didn't prepare!!! Thankfully! She only prepares like that for Kali River Rapids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
So enjoying your TR, your getting me in the mood for our our own trip in a week...please keep the updates coming fast an furious because I'm scared I miss out whilst we're away
You haven't got long to wait at all. You must be gettign very excited! Hope you have an amazing time and can't wait to read your trip report - you have to do one!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Seaworld looks like a lot of fun. Love the photo of your daughter feeding the dolphin.
She really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
This is so funny. I was reading your trip report and you mentioned the Little Bunny Foo Foo song. Yesterday I pick up my kids at daycare, and I notice my son didn't nap very long. So, I mention it to the daycare lady. She says, "Yeah, he was sitting in there singing the Little Bunny Foo Foo song." I was just shocked. How random is that?
That song is going to haunt everyone now!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
great day at Seaworld!! The Believe show is amazing!!

How funny about Elmo's pants and Donald's towel
I love Believe! Its fantastic!

The puzzle of Donalds pants will remain a mystery forever I think!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #78
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

On no. I hope the girls were ok.

I need to check out the Florida Mall we haven't been.

That's kind of funny about that car window. Obviously someone didn't think Danny was excellent.

Oh, saw your note about the Seaworld tickets. Actually, for us FL residents, if we buy a one day pass we get in the rest of the year (or that was a promotion they had). Don't know why we haven't done that. I know Jacob would love it. Same for Busch Gardens, which is only 30 minutes away from the house. Guess I am just addicted to WDW and don't want to spend money elsewhere.

Ok, waiting to see how the girls were the next morning.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #79
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On no. I hope the girls were ok.

I need to check out the Florida Mall we haven't been.

That's kind of funny about that car window. Obviously someone didn't think Danny was excellent.

Oh, saw your note about the Seaworld tickets. Actually, for us FL residents, if we buy a one day pass we get in the rest of the year (or that was a promotion they had). Don't know why we haven't done that. I know Jacob would love it. Same for Busch Gardens, which is only 30 minutes away from the house. Guess I am just addicted to WDW and don't want to spend money elsewhere.

Ok, waiting to see how the girls were the next morning.
Thats good about the SeaWorld tickets! GO! You will love it!

I am a bit WDW addicted too and see any day spent elsewhere as a wasted Disney day!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #80
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 7 - Oh dear......

Got up this morning and Emma really did not look great. She was clearly ill and need to be seen by a doctor. Her temp was very high and I could not get it down at all even with the calpol and nurofen that I brought with me. K still hot but seemed to be getting over the worst of it. E having a major panic about the fact that everyone was going to miss the 1900 Park Fayre breakfast I had booked despite being told that that everyone did not mind and were just concerned that she was feeling better. So I cancelled the ADR and made a new one for Monday at the same time. This seemed to make her feel better about missing it and “letting everyone down” as she called it. Poor little thing, she is very sensitive sometimes. Was very worried about her as she is not often ill. So by 9am we were in the CentraCare waiting for the doctor. Should I admit this? OK so I was a teeny bit concerned about swine flu!!!!!!!! You never know do you no matter what your logical mind tells you. Anyway she is examined and she has tonsilitus. I did not get K seen as she seemed to be recovering and the price to have E seen and a course of amoxicillin was $275. Extortionate. Hope to get most it back from my holiday insurance. But that is daylight robbery. Amoxycillin is so cheap - $10 at the most. So to charge $265 for a 3 min consultation is a licence to print money. I suppose they can charge whatever they like – I would still have had to pay it for her to be seen. I think we take the NHS here for granted!!!!

E seems to brighten up a wee bit when she knows what is wrong with her so we get back to the villa and I decide to put both girls back to bed for a wee sleep. They drop off no problem and so we set about reading/watching TV/going online/tidying etc. They sleep for about 3 hours and both wake up feeling a bit better. Granny had bought them some craft sets at Jo Anns (we made a sneaky trip when the girls were asleep!!!!) so they spent some time at the table doing origami with her Grandad and making sun catchers with me. E was much brighter after her second dose of antibiotics and starting to get back to her smiley self. She starts to persuade us to take her out tonight but we decide to wait and see how things pan out.

E is insisting we go to the Magic Kingdom tonight. She is super determined that she feels a lot better and wants to go out. Doctor said there is no reason why she can’t go out and about. I am not sure but she seems to be so much better that I agree to go on the condition that if she starts to feel unwell we come straight home. At least it is cooler tonight and we are planning a very short trip. We will see how she gets on and play it by ear!

Here are my two at the entrance and you can see the smiles!

Balloons!

When we get into the Magic Kingdom we see the celebration parade at the hub. E and I join in with the conga. It was a really fun show.

We then take the opportunity to go through the castle which K was excited about. I love the mosaic in the castle. So intricate and beautiful. E requests that she rides the Haunted Mansion with Granny and Grandad so while they do that DH and I take K on its a small world. She is quite pleased about that!!!

K and her Daddy pretending to sleep on IASW.

We decide to ride on the Carousel again and so Steve takes the girls on. i am holding the bags and watch the three of them go find a horse. They are almost last ones on so they do have to look for some together. Then E runs off in the opposite direction to her dad so I set off walking round to see where she has gone. I spot her on a horse and beaming with delight as she has found Cinderella's horse. Obviously noone on the ride knew the importance of that horse!!!!! She was super pleased with herself!!!!!

We ride a few rides in Fantasyland and as we are going on to Philharmagic I hear my name being called. It’s the girl who lives 2 doors down from us at home. Strange to meet up so far from home. We watch the show together which was nice. E holding up really well and seems to be managing fine and really enjoying herself so is given the choice as to whether she wants to wait for Spectromagic. She says yes so we get our usual spot and the girls have some fun hula hooping before it starts.

E is really quite good at it but K is not so skilled!!!! Want to share a video I took of a lovely cast member helping K to do the hula! They do such a great job!

Katie hulahooping!

Bought the girls a light up of their choice. E chose light up ears and K chose a Tinkerbell light up.

Main Street!

The parade was fantastic as usual. As it winded up we made our way to the exit, monorail and home.

At the end of a great night!!

E wanted to stay longer but we didn’t want to push it. She got into bed and fell asleep. Considering what she had been through she did an amazing job today. We all went to bed hoping that both our girls wake up back to top form in the morning.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #81
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Glad your girls recovered quickly!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #82
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey that Mickey pic from the parade would do good in the photo contest on the photography thread if they have that subject!

Haha, K and Daddy pretending to sleep.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #83
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

poor girl
But I'm glad they both felt better and enjoyed a wonderful night at Disney
Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #84
irky416
DIS Veteran

Glad the girls were feeling better! Those light up ears look cute!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #85
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Glad the girls are feeling better!

Your pictures are awesome! I love the one of the balloons!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #86
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey that Mickey pic from the parade would do good in the photo contest on the photography thread if they have that subject!

I thought that was a great pic also!

Glad both girls were feeling better. The video Hula Hooping was very cute!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #87
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

That is an insane amount for a doctor visit and medicine! I imagine that they do not accept health insurance since you are in a tourist town. Glad the girls were doing better.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #88
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Glad your girls recovered quickly!
They did thankfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Would love to say I took the pic but it as DH!
Daddy once did fall asleep on IASW so he likes to joke about it with the girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
poor girl
But I'm glad they both felt better and enjoyed a wonderful night at Disney
It was a lovely night but I was just so glad the girls felt better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Glad the girls were feeling better! Those light up ears look cute!
The light up ears were great! When E got bored wearing them DH and I had to draw straws!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Glad the girls are feeling better!

Your pictures are awesome! I love the one of the balloons!
I love the balloons on Main Street

Quote:
I thought that was a great pic also!

Glad both girls were feeling better. The video Hula Hooping was very cute!
I loved that video. I thought the CM was so kind helping her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
That is an insane amount for a doctor visit and medicine! I imagine that they do not accept health insurance since you are in a tourist town. Glad the girls were doing better.
It was a lot wasn't it. Oh well I have the insurance claim forms and hope to get a lot back!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #89
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 8 - Hollywood Studios for some character cuddling!

Wake tentatively this morning and check on my 2 girls and thankfully I was faced with 2 smiling faces, up and ready for some adventures!

So it was off to Hollywood Studios this morning – once again for opening!! Similar to everyone else visiting the park that day we nominated someone (Steve!!!) to go for fast passes to Toy Story Mania. He walked on over there at opening and we walked slowly up towards Pixar Place and met him when he was done. Fast passes in hand we made a plan for the time we had left before we were due to ride TSM. Now Dad was toying with the idea of riding Tower of Terror for the first time. DH persuaded him that it would be fine so off the two of them went – Dad looking less than keen! We headed to somewhere that K had been excited about for a long time! You guessed it! Playhouse Disney!

We were about the 4th family in there so got a place at the very front in the middle section. While we waited for the room to fill they played songs from Playhouse Disney. Most of these K knew and she and E seemed to be re-energised after their 2 days of relative relaxing (well almost!) and the 2 of them were dancing away, making silly faces and causing Mum and I to laugh so hard our sides were splitting. Here is a wee video of the 2 of them having a boogie!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...t=DSCF1748.flv

Next we went into the Animation shop and through to the area where Sorcerer Mickey does his meet and greet. So far K has not approached any character at all. Kept a safe distance. However she spots Mickey and declares she wants to cuddle him. Not believing she means it I give her her autograph book and get in line. Its our turn and off she goes with her big sister. A little tentatively at first but then she relaxes and does just what she planned. She gave him a big cuddle and posed for a pic. E does a great job in encouraging and helping her.

After our photos we move to the area where you can play a game to see what Disney character you are most like. E goes first and finds that she is like Tinkerbell which she is overjoyed about. K wants to try so she does it with E asking her the questions. She got to the one that said “do you like to (1) eat lunch with nice people or (2) eat nice people for lunch?”. Well her hand shot out and touched the screen and sadly touched the second answer. So she ended up being like Maleficent!!!!!! She was seriously unhappy about this and gave the computer one of her super grumpy stares! E thought it was hilarious!

Afterwards we made our way back to TSM where we found Steve and Dad waiting. Dad survived and best of all enjoyed it! As it was no fun really to ride TSM in an odd number as someone would have noone to play against Mum, Dad, Steve and E went first and I waited with K. E and I would ride later. It was really hot so I decided to take K into One Mans Dream. I was not sure if I could keep her busy but I love this attraction and I wanted to try to share some of it with her. I told her about Walt in words she could understand and she said he was Mickeys Daddy and he built the parks. I showed her all the exhibits then I thought I would chance my luck and try to get her to sit quietly through the movie. To my surprise she did! It helped that it was Mary Poppins’ voice on the film – she spotted that straight away. It was the first time I had a chance to see the film and it was fabulous. I loved the old footage of Walt as a younger man – you usually only see the pictures of him as an older man. It was quite a touching film.

When we had done so had the rest of the family on Toy Story Mania! They loved it – it was the first time that Mum and Dad had rode it and they really enjoyed it. E and I then had our turn and it was great. Here are our scores. I sadly did not beat DHs score – typical!

We came back out towards the hat and some more characters were out. As K had broken the seal on her character obsession she was with her sister in line. They got to meet Minnie…..

Donald…….

And E met Tigger and Eyeore (K did not want to meet them. One step too far maybe???)

Lunch was calling and we went to the Backlot Express for something to eat. It was delicious and we ate up everything.
As we made our way back the HSM show was starting but sadly it got rained off as soon as it started. The rain lasted all but a few minutes which was a pain as it could have gone ahead if it has been a few minutes later.

As we had lots planned for the next day we head home via some shops and have a little retail therapy! We decide to have dinner at home and a night in the villa relaxing. Girls seem to be back to normal today but I didn’t think that an early night would go amiss.

Saying that Dad, DH and I nipped out for a little trip to Walmart!! We can't resist while Mum read her book in the villa! Tomorrow back to Epcot and a surprise for my family in the evening!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #90
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Is that a Charlie and Lola shirt I see?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: