Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #61
vicceja
Mom to My Three Sons!

Great Trip Report! Luv the pictures

2003 June/July ASports 2005 June/July POR 2005 Dec Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006 April/May Polynesian Resort 2007 Jan/Feb Coronado Springs 2007 July/Aug Beach Club 2007 Dec Beach Club 2008 June 5-15 Beach Club2009 April/May Beach Club 2012 Aug POR
Old 07-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #62
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Your trip report is awesome! I almost laughed out loud about your dad's comment on the bald spot. I am work, so that probably wouldn't have been a good thing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #63
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicceja View Post
Great Trip Report! Luv the pictures
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Your trip report is awesome! I almost laughed out loud about your dad's comment on the bald spot. I am work, so that probably wouldn't have been a good thing.
He was so funny. He truely couldn't believe it! I was crying with laughter as he zoomed in on it on the laptop!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #64
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw, I love that pic of you and K in front of the Tree of Life.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #65
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Shamu beckons!

This morning we headed off the beaten track up the I4 to SeaWorld. We all love SeaWorld - even if I only saw Shamu and nothing else I would leave happy. We all had different things we wanted to do and see today so we planned that we would split up when needed. The park seemed to be reasonably quiet today and we got in fine using the tickets we printed from the internet. Can you believe that we were there for opening again? It has to be some sort of a record. As expected Steve headed straight to Manta as he was looking forward to riding it. Personally I thought it looked horrific!

Line was not too long for Manta so we made a plan to meet up later and headed to the dolphin feeding which E was excited to do. We got there and there were a few families in line so we joined the end. I sat there while E and K wandered over to look at the rays. After a short wait we were let in. Now this is where we realised that in order to go to the feeding area everyone in the party had to buy a dish of food at $7 each. Really only E wanted to feed the dolphins so Granny and Grandad walked round to the observation area to watch her feeding the dolphins and I took the girls in. I paid for E and I, and K went free. After listening to the safety briefing off we went. K did not want to feed at all and I only did one fish and let E do the rest of mine as well as her own so she was very happy. She really enjoyed it and loved the way they felt.

During this time Steve had done Manta (which he enjoyed but thought that it got a bit boring towards the end) and then Krakken (which he still rates higher as it is intense all the way through). K is shattered already and falls asleep in her buggy so Mum, Dad, Steve and E go off to do Journey to Atlantis. I found some shade near the drop in order to take their pic on the way down. Then I spotted it! A stall selling Candy Floss (I think it is called cotton candy in the States?). I couldn’t resist and I bought some. I actually ate so much I started to feel a bit sick! Mum and E stayed reasonably dry but the 2 men were at the front and got drenched.

Now for the main reason K is in SeaWorld. Elmo! She has been looking forward to the Elmo and Abby show for a long time. Steve and I take her while E takes her Granny and Grandad to Shamu’s Happy Harbour. She wakes up in time and is a bit apprehensive about it starting. However when it starts she is loving it. Singing and clapping along. And did you know? (as we have been informed many times since) Elmo had pants!!!! Green ones! For some reason that tickled her. I don’t know what she expected him to wear to the beach. I suppose it is to be wondered why he puts on pants to go to the beach and wears nothing the rest of the time. Its like Donald Duck isn’t it? He wears just a t-shirt during the day with no bottoms and then when he comes out the bath he wraps a towel round his waist! Why??? One of life’s great mysteries!!!
After the show there is the chance to meet Elmo. She is determined to cuddle Elmo. And she does! Seemingly he is soft and tickley in case you are wondering. K and I had our Elmo T-shirts on in his honour!!!!

Meeting place for the other half of our team is in Shamu Stadium. E has had a great time in Shamus Happy Harbour. She has ridden the rollercoaster (a lot), had an ice cream treat and got stuck at the top of the rope climbing frame. Dad had to do some climbing to rescue her!
Believe was amazing! I can never believe the trust which must exist between the whales and the trainers. It must be an amazing feeling to interact with them like that. Unlike last year the big whale did come out and duly soaked everyone! One guy got drenched then proceeded to run up the stairs. Bit late pal! Here are some pics I took as the big whale did its thing!

Lunch next and we sat at a table next to the strangest squirrel. It was so tame but it insisted in lying flat out. Who knows why but it did look odd.
Now during the course of today I had noticed that K was feeling a bit hot. Hard to tell though as it was glorious all day and we all felt hot. Decided to keep an eye on her in case it is more than just the heat. She is happy in herself though so looked OK.

Home for some food and a freshen up and change and it was off to Downtown Disney tonight. They were doing a disco by the World of Disney so my 2 could not resist a wiggle. We spent the rest of the evening shopping and watching E and K ride the carousel. E chose some new pins for her lanyard and gave K a few for her to swap which was really kind. I bought beautiful Christmas ornaments and asked for them to be personalised. I do that every trip – E now had 4 different ones – all marked with her name and year. Should be something she can keep forever. They chose Tinkerbell ones this time.

Here are my girls in their lanyards!

Back home and to bed. Katie feeling a bit hot still so give her some Calpol (Tylenol equivalent) and off to bed. Slow start tomorrow at last!

Wanted to post a pic of my DIY lime green mickey head. Although I have to admit I did most of the time forget to look out for them I did not see anyone. Someone spotted mine on Soarin but didn’t say Hi. Was hoping to meet some fellow disers when I was there. So that was a bit disappointing. I had found a lime green mickey pin which I put on my bag. Here is a pic.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #66
irky416
DIS Veteran

Great pictures from Sea World!

Yup, it's cotton candy in the states.

I like your Mickey pin!!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #67
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

loving your report, your gang sound like great fun. Thanks for putting Singing Kettle songs into my head.... they introduced Bunny Foo Foo and many other gems into our household, thankfully she's stopped singing them now, she's 13 !!! LOL.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #68
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Great pictures from Sea World!

Yup, it's cotton candy in the states.

I like your Mickey pin!!
It was DHs pin but I nicked it!!!! I thought it was very DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders Mum View Post
loving your report, your gang sound like great fun. Thanks for putting Singing Kettle songs into my head.... they introduced Bunny Foo Foo and many other gems into our household, thankfully she's stopped singing them now, she's 13 !!! LOL.
You are so lucky! Singing Kettle is very big in this house! If they are not singing them they are watching the many DVDs they have! Its a twice a year trip for us and a Christmas Eve tradition! The joys!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #69
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Has E fed the sting rays? That's a lot of fun too at Sea World if you are brave enough!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #70
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Great Sea World pictures. I can't beleive $7.00 for a few fish. I hope that K didn't get sick on your trip!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #71
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Love the SeaWorld pics. Still need to go myself. Been to the one in TX, but not here in Florida.

Isn't there always one person that doesn't listen to the warning about getting wet and then gets upset.j

I have been wanting to ride Manta.

Hope K was feeling better the next day. And I never see fellow Dis members either, unless it is planned.

Wait, did your Mom plan like she did for AK?
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #72
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

So enjoying your TR, your getting me in the mood for our our own trip in a week...please keep the updates coming fast an furious because I'm scared I miss out whilst we're away
Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #73
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Seaworld looks like a lot of fun. Love the photo of your daughter feeding the dolphin.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #74
jagmom
Mouseketeer

This is so funny. I was reading your trip report and you mentioned the Little Bunny Foo Foo song. Yesterday I pick up my kids at daycare, and I notice my son didn't nap very long. So, I mention it to the daycare lady. She says, "Yeah, he was sitting in there singing the Little Bunny Foo Foo song." I was just shocked. How random is that?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #75
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

great day at Seaworld!! The Believe show is amazing!!

How funny about Elmo's pants and Donald's towel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: