Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Great start to your TR, on our last trip we stayed at WL and you're making me feel very homesick for the place.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #32
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
I'm so glad you were able to get the surry, it is quite a workout but fun to ride. I am loving the stories of K at the Cafe! She sound like a riot! She must have thought you guys had lost it with your singing!
It was a serious workout!!!! Not sure Granny was pedalling all the time but she swears she was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
so glad you guys finally found the correct bike barn
we also enjoyed Whispering Canyon last summer!!
glad the fishing trip went well
Eventually!!! Whispering Canyon Cafe was really somewhere I would be keen to go back to. the food and atmosphere was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
K shushing her sister!
She could be accused of being a bit bossy!!!! No idea where she might have got that from!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishgirl87 View Post
Can't wait to hear more For some reason I always enjoy reading fellow Scots TR's just that little bit more than anyone else's, lol.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm here

Sounds like you have a lovely first day...well other then the bike mix up. Looking forward to more!
It was a great first day and so different to the park day we usually do on our first day in Florida. A nice change and so much more relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
I'm glad you got to ride your bike! For some reason, that was not what I was envisioning.

WCC always seems like so much fun! I need to try that out someday!
They were huge! But really fun - if you get the chance you should try it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish mum View Post
looking forward to reading more
Glad you are onbaord!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #33
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Great start to your TR, on our last trip we stayed at WL and you're making me feel very homesick for the place.
How lucky! We thought it was a beautiful resort. One day...........
Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #34
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Funny monkeys in the magic kingdom! Part 1

For our first full day in the parks we were up and organised super early. So excited to get to the Magic Kingdom. Its by far my fave park – I could live there!!!!!! All are showered, fed, bags packed and out the door in plenty of time.

I love this view!!!

We parked very close to the TTC and walked to the monorail much to the disappointment of the girls who think the tram is an actual ride. Took pics by the monorail and DH pointed out when we got home this the one we rode was the one which was involved in the tragic accident on the 4th of July. Very sad.

When we got to the Magic Kingdom there were not a lot of people waiting for the welcome show to start. We got a space right in the middle of the Mickey Floral display and the girls sat on the wall and waited. Both were very excited about their day and eventually the show started. E sat next to her sister and showed K things in case she missed them. They were very sweet together and K waved till I thought her arms were going to fall off.

A family shot!

Grandad, E, K and Granny.

Watching the welcome show! Love the faces!

E collected some of the streamers that fell next to them and insisted I keep them! E set off under the station and E collected us a map and the Times Guide – her job every park day!

We came out into Town Square and it all comes back. K goes on DHs shoulders to see more as all she sees are legs.

I love that first time you enter the magic kingdom! It is so exciting you can’t help but smile! Its worth the airfare alone! I love to see the looks and excitement on the faces on my girls too. Its part of why I go!

K so excited to set eyes on the castle! Here is K pointing it out to the rest of us!

We always turn right at the Hub and today is no exception.

We go straight to Buzz Lightyear. Now last year I lucked out and scored 999,999. From then I have been accused of knowing some secret or magic target to hit and not sharing this info. I don’t. I hit the same target and few times and got very lucky. This time – not so lucky! DH won. K was sat next to me and she was a bit over awed by it. She was Ok on it though. E loved it as usual.
From there we headed towards the Tomorrowland Speedway. Everyone was excited about this – even K! Good fun!!!!

Then towards Fantasyland and K was in heaven! We did the Carousel and It’s a Small World and she absolutely loved it. Quote of the day though was from Granny during It’s a Small World as we passed the dolls which are linked to Australia. She said as we passed these guys…….

“Look at those funny monkeys”!!! This from a lady with a degree in Biology. Mum further demonstrates her knowledge of the animal world during our day at Animal Kingdom. You’ll have to wait to hear what gem she comes out with then!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Funny monkeys in the magic kingdom! Part 2

Fantasyland is K's favourite part of the park and she is in heaven. The Carousel proved to be as popular with K this year as it was last year. I can't even begin to try to accurately write how many times we rode this ride during this trip. All I know is that we never rode it once. The pleas of "again again" were always heard as soon as the ride stopped. Here are my girls enjoying the carousel.

Afterwards E wants to go into the Haunted Mansion so K stays with Granny and Grandad while we ride. I point out the body in the stretch room to DH but not to E. That might have pushed her over the edge. We laughed as we went through the graveyard as every time something popped up she jumped out of her skin. Although I had a bit of a jump myself at one point!! She did laugh when the ghost was almost sitting on her knee in the final scene.

We wanted to have lunch at the Columbia Harbour House again – we love that place! Delish! But their fryers were not working and they had no fried food. So we gave it a miss and carried on to find somewhere else. About now it had started to sprinkle with rain but not too heavy. We made our way towards Caseys Corner as we had a lovely hotdog there last time we came. As we got near it was still raining a bit and the shelter was full of people. We saw that the tables outside were empty apart from one where a family had sat down in the rain. As it wasn’t heavy we got a table and did the same. In no time it totally stopped and we were glad we were able to get a table as it was very busy. Lunch was lovely. I shared mine with K as they are huge! Sadly the Dream Along with Mickey was cancelled due to the rain but they announced that the characters would do a meet and greet instead. I took the girls over to see the characters as K was very excited to see some princesses. We did not join the lines to meet them but I took them up to see the characters and they loved it. K was awestruck. E was excited to see Minnie and Mickey. Then followed lots of promises to meet the characters before the end of the holiday.

During this morning when we were in IASM DH went to Thunder Mountain for fast passes so we headed there to ride. The great thing about the fastpasses is that as there are 6 of us we can get 6 but K does not like to ride so as we have to ride in 2 groups, E can ride twice. She likes that!!!
I love Thunder Mountain. Its my fave ride of all. Granny, E and I rode together and when we got to the loading zone the CM asked us if we want one row or two. Mum was surprised that we were asked as we presumed two and said to him “would the 3 of us fit in one row?” and he smiled and said “sorry mam. I learned long ago not to answer that question when a woman asks it!” lol He was funny – we took 2 rows!!!!!
Here we are enjoying the ride!

After we had finished we indulged in a real dis treat!!!!....................

That’s right – a dole whip!!! The float is my favourite – the pineapple juice is so nice! This was a massive hit and something to be repeated a few times throughout the trip!
As we got towards the castle the Dream Along with Mickey show was on so we stopped to watch. We all loved it and E thought that Donald was very funny. K did not like Maleficent and it set the scene for her not liking her for the rest of the trip. She still says she does not like Maleficent!

Love this pic of the show with the dancers in mid leap!

As we made our way down Main Street E saw her favourite character, Daisy and couldn’t resist lining up to get her picture taken. She also spotted Chip and Dale and went for a cuddle with them aswell! I love Chip and Dale!

So we have had enough for the day by now. Its hot, humid and the girls are starting to get really tired. A nice monorail journey back and a quick walk to the car and we are on our way. Back at the villa we get our swimming stuff on and get in the pool for a cool down. I took loads of pics and these are my favourites!

After a swim we all got dressed and headed out to the Outback for dinner. This started the theme of problems at dinner. K ordered the mac and cheese and it came in a bowl on a plate of fries. It was enough to feed DH and I together I think. She took one look at it and refused to even go near it. I think it was just too big and intimidating for her. She ate a few fries but that was about it. Our food was delicious but again it was huge amounts which we could not finish. E orders the spotty dog sundae which was again massive (although E was not complaining!!!) and K had icecream with Oreos. Sadly the oreos were crumbled on the ice cream and K had a hissy fit! It was a nightmare. Our server was so nice and he just said to her not to worry and he came back with a plain blob of ice cream. He was so nice and I felt so bad for her complaining about something she asked for. I was just planning to scrape it off! So K slowly makes her way through a bowl of ice cream which is about 4 times the size of one I would have given her. As she didn’t actually eat much I was not keen on her eating it all and I called it a day about 2/3 of the way through. She was really struggling with it anyway. But she then decided that she was not finished and threw a strop! Very embarrassing!!!!

Anyway the temptation was too strong to visit the neighbouring Target store. Now honestly we don’t have supermarkets like that! Ours are rubbish! Also we love to check out the US brands and the things we can’t get in the UK. We got out the car and the girls saw what they think is the best supermarket trolley (do you call them buggys???) in the world!

And the amazing and wonderful thing is that for the first time we did not hear any moans or complaints or even any bickering during our whole trip round the supermarket. It is a miracle trolley! Love it!!!! Really tough to drive though. I did crash it a few times!
Girls chose a few things to take home with them. K chose a Barbie Thumbelina outfit and I can’t remember what E chose. Anyway we got back, K had a quick try on of her outfit and then they went off to bed. Will we make it to park opening 2 days in a row????

Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #36
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I'm loving your TR! Your girls are adorable It looks like you had a fabulous MK day. I just love that even Carousels seem to have a special Magic at Disney You are so right about restaraunt portion size here in the US. It's insane. I always leave about half my meal sitting on my plate. (That is unless you go to a real expensive place and there the portion sizes are teeny) We call the "trolleys" shopping carts or just carts. I've used that Target cart many a time and you are right about being impossible to manuever. You forget how big you are when you're pushing it and forget about turning around in the middle of an aisle Looking forward to more.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #37
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! Your girls are absolutely darling in their expressions while they saw the magic of MK. So cute! Very sweet of your DH put K up on his shoulders so she could see.
So you had fun at Target! What are your stores like over there? No big department stores? Do you have indoor shopping malls?
I too agree about the portion sizes here, they can be huge! We often split a meal or end up leaving so much behind.
Did the girls ride on Cinderells' pony on the carousel? The one with the gold ribbon on the tail.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #38
HoneyPooh
DIS Cast Member
Magic Erasers make her as happy as a pig in *censored by the Tag Fairy*

Your girls are so cute! I have a traveling monkey as well, his name is Henry and he belonged to my deceased father. He goes everywhere with us since my dad loved to travel
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #39
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

ahhh,Magic Kingdom!! Besides a few minutes at dinner, what a awesome day!! The girls looked so happy to be there
Old 07-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #40
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I'm loving your TR! Your girls are adorable It looks like you had a fabulous MK day. I just love that even Carousels seem to have a special Magic at Disney You are so right about restaraunt portion size here in the US. It's insane. I always leave about half my meal sitting on my plate. (That is unless you go to a real expensive place and there the portion sizes are teeny) We call the "trolleys" shopping carts or just carts. I've used that Target cart many a time and you are right about being impossible to manuever. You forget how big you are when you're pushing it and forget about turning around in the middle of an aisle Looking forward to more.
ah "carts"! They were horrendous to drive. I always cut my corners too close and got stuck on the edge of the aisle! Not very easy but worth their weight in gold to cut down on the moaning in supermarkets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Oh my goodness! Your girls are absolutely darling in their expressions while they saw the magic of MK. So cute! Very sweet of your DH put K up on his shoulders so she could see.
So you had fun at Target! What are your stores like over there? No big department stores? Do you have indoor shopping malls?
I too agree about the portion sizes here, they can be huge! We often split a meal or end up leaving so much behind.
Did the girls ride on Cinderells' pony on the carousel? The one with the gold ribbon on the tail.
I probably made the Uk sound like a backwater with no big stores!!! We do have massive stores but our supermarkets are just not so big as the likes of Target and Walmart. They don't have the range that there is there and the prices of things are much better in the US so always nice to shop there! Our supermarkets are very food orientated with some homeswares and clothes thrown in. We do have lovely malls and out of town shopping but also we have the kind of old fashioned High Street shopping still in most towns although sadly they are declining as the malls and out of town retail parks get bigger.

E did get a ride on Cinderellas horse. Her Daddy took her and K on the carousel and they were walking round together looking for some horses together as they were almost last on so did not have a lot to choose from. She suddenly darted in and away from her dad. I walked round the outside to see where she had gone and she had spotted that Cinderellas horse was free! Obviously noone on the carousel at that time knew about the importance of that particular horse. When I found her she was beaming!!!! We did not tell K about the horse as she would have wanted it every time!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPooh View Post
Your girls are so cute! I have a traveling monkey as well, his name is Henry and he belonged to my deceased father. He goes everywhere with us since my dad loved to travel
Thats a lovely idea. Monkeys do love to travel!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
ahhh,Magic Kingdom!! Besides a few minutes at dinner, what a awesome day!! The girls looked so happy to be there
We were all so happy to be there and a lot of my enjoyment comes form seeing them so happy. It was a great first day - the first of many!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #41
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - First time into Space at Epcot

Miracles do happen – we are at park opening again today! Got to the park at 8.45 and already it was roasting. We got through the bag check and joined the line to get through the turnstiles. We were making a wee plan for what fast passes to get and who was going to get them when Mum pipes up “I would offer to go for them but I wouldn’t mean it”! Cheeky! In revenge I said to her at least when we buy sunglasses we remember to take the label off the lens! She laughed thinking I was joking but stopped when she realised I was serious! You can’t take her anywhere!

We were in! Emma did the customary pose in front of Spaceship earth.

We decided that Steve would head to Soarin at rope drop and the rest of us would head to Test Track. We got a baby swap ticket and Mum, E and I went into the standby line and Dad waited with K for Steve to get back. E saw a hidden mickey in the line so had to stop and take a pic.

Us girls had a great time riding Test Track – it really is one of my favourites at WDW. Mum and I had a good laugh when E decided that she wanted to ride on the end seat instead of the middle. Mum sat in the middle seat and could not find her shoulder strap seat belt. I said to her that it was a lap belt and E with such a serious face said to her “I’m glad I’m not sitting there – those seats are dangerous”. Her expression was so funny. I love this ride – so fun when it goes round the loops outside.
Grandad took K to the exit area and she played in the cars. She loves it there – getting her to leave is always an issue. After that the boys rode with E while Mum, K and I had a look round Mousegear. Then we saw something that amazed me and had me giggling for a long while. A little plane was writing a message in the sky. The first one took me a while to work out and although I could not get a pic of the whole thing it said “U + GOD = happy face” (but an actual happy face shape!). Then he wrote “Jesus loves U”. You just would not see that at home at all. Saw a post on the dis this week about the guy. He is called Holy Smoke and it is his calling to spread Gods word in the sky. That’s mental. You just would not see something like that in the UK.

K loves waiting at Test Track as she loves sitting in all the cars. It actually gets a bit boring after a while!
After we were done our times for Soarin came round so Grandad, E and DH got fast passes for Mission Space. E has never ridden it before – I hoped she would be OK! So for the first time Emma decided to ride Mission Space with her Dad. I did suggest the tame side but that was ignored and off they went. She loved it! She is obviously not going to take after her Mum and be a big coward after all.

K had fun in Innoventions making paper and preparing for a storm! (we don’t really get storms like they do in Florida but always good to be prepared!!!).

We all met back up and made our way to The Living Seas.

K was a bit apprehensive about seeing Bruce but I covered her eyes on the ride when he appeared so she was fine. Such a fantastic ride and the way they make the fish look as if they are in the real aquarium is incredible. Another first was Turtle Talk with Crush. We have never done this before. We were one of the first into the theatre so had a seat in the front row. It started and Crush picked out E and asked what her name was and where she was from. He commented that Scotland was a cold water region!!!! He didn’t fancy it! The show was brilliant – so funny. Even K was chuckling away. So clever. Spent the next wee while wondering how on earth they do it. We decided that there must be a man in a suit and helmet which responds to his movements???? Who knows!
Then it was time to use our fast passes for Soarin. Steve, E and I went first and Mum and Dad took K for a walk round the park to get her to fall asleep (which worked straight away!). We were very lucky as they were looking for a party of 3 to fill in a gap in a row and it just happened to be in row 1! Bonus! It was great. Could ride Soarin all day long and never get bored. We swapped with Mum and Dad who took E on again and had a walk round. Noticed how quiet it was at Epcot today.

Although it was hot K was fine in her little buggy. She had built in air conditioning!
Had a stop in Club Cool (or whatever it is called!) and tried some of the delicious (!?!) offerings. Steve’s comment for Beverley “there is no need for that!”. I agree although I did pass on trying it this time. Its disgusting.
When we had all rode we went to have some lunch at Sunshine Seasons at The Land. The food here is lovely but I must say that the setup is awful. K and E wanted a sandwich, Steve wanted a Ceasar Salad and I wanted to get a childs portion of noodles. So I had to queue at 3 different stations before getting my drinks. After waiting to get served and pay, collecting my cutlery and getting to my table – my lunch was cold. There has to be a faster way of doing it. Tasty none the less.
Then we were off to use our second set of fast passes for Test Track. Steve and Mum took E on first while Dad and I got 6 fast passes for Mission Space for later. Then when they came back they wanted to go straight on Mission Space as the time was nearly there for the fast passes. They gave the spare 3 fast passes to another family – so nice to be able to do that when the wait time is so long. So I had to go on by myself. I obviously had 2 spare fast passes so gave them to a father and son who were about to go in the standby line which was over an hour. Spread a little pixie dust!!! Not as fun by yourself! Especially since the family of 4 that was in my car objected to being joined by myself and a single rider. Not the best. Mind you the woman did say at the end if she had queued for an hour to ride it she would have been very upset. So maybe just in a bad mood and in need of a sprinkling of pixie dust herself. Another meet up after they had finished with Mission Space we wanted to ride Spaceship Earth as we had not seen it since it was refurbished. K loved the part at the end when she saw her and me in our future! Also it was fun seeing us on the big screen at the end. There were a lot of dots on Scotland today!
E did a lot of pin trading this year. I had bought a whole load of pins before we came for her to trade and she loved it. Also bought Steve a lanyard and some pins for Fathers Day and so he was enjoying trading too. Cost us a fortune though as E kept seeing extras ones in the shops she wanted! Here is E doing what she loved - trading!!!

Home time and we went back via Publix to stock up on essentials and get something for our dinner. We bought salmon stuffed with crab and salad and fruit to finish. Delicious!
Girls got an early night as they were shattered and we had a quiet night in. Tomorrow we are off to Animal Kingdom in the morning. Can we make it 3 park openings in a row????
Old 07-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #42
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

I have one thing to say - look at your skinny self - you look great! The kids look like they were having so much fun. My daughter always wants the 2 seat shopping carts, but I always tell he no since I tend to run into things.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #43
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
I have one thing to say - look at your skinny self - you look great! The kids look like they were having so much fun. My daughter always wants the 2 seat shopping carts, but I always tell he no since I tend to run into things.
Awww thanks! I actually lost another 5lbs during the holiday which I was amazed by as we did eat a lot. Must have been all the walking we did!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #44
irky416
DIS Veteran

The funny monkey comment is too funny! I can't wait to hear what she says about AK!

Looks like you guys had fun at MK. K's face pointing out the castle is priceless. She looks so mesmerized.

Sorry you had trouble at dinner, but I agree portion sizes are way too big sometimes!

I think buggy is a regional thing in the US. Where I'm from they have always been buggy's. DBF and his friends thought I was talking about a baby stroller when I first called them buggy's around them because they call them carts.

Glad E enjoyed MS. I don't think I'll ride that ride again!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #45
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
The funny monkey comment is too funny! I can't wait to hear what she says about AK!

Looks like you guys had fun at MK. K's face pointing out the castle is priceless. She looks so mesmerized.

Sorry you had trouble at dinner, but I agree portion sizes are way too big sometimes!

I think buggy is a regional thing in the US. Where I'm from they have always been buggy's. DBF and his friends thought I was talking about a baby stroller when I first called them buggy's around them because they call them carts.

Glad E enjoyed MS. I don't think I'll ride that ride again!
It is confusing isn't it? In the UK a cart is something a horse would pull, a buggy is what you call a stroller and a trolley is what you put your shopping in!!!

The mix up with words can be very funny sometimes. Words here and in the US can have very different meaning!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: