Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
irky416
DIS Veteran

The first picture of K is sooooo cute!!

That's too funny that the girls jumped in the pool in their pajamas!

Yikes to the snake! I would have screamed!

I'm anxious to see if you're going to go back to get the surrey bike (which I'm assuming means a tandem bike? You need to add a Scottish-English to American-English dictionary for us!).
Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #17
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

What in the world is going on with the snakes??!! You guys have had some crazy encounters!
I love the jumping into the pool in pjs! Definitely a vacation thing to do.
The surry bikes... I am interested to see if you get one. We rode one while on vacation in Cape May, NJ a few years ago and I was amazed at how heavy they are, it was quite a workout. I'm sorry you had to go so far only to be turned back to WL.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Sorry about the snakes. I hate them!!! The heat during your stay was bad. We were at the beach during the same time you were at WDW. The worst day the heat index was 115 in the Flordia panhandle. I can imagine it was at least 115-120 in Orlando.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #19
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
The first picture of K is sooooo cute!!

That's too funny that the girls jumped in the pool in their pajamas!

Yikes to the snake! I would have screamed!

I'm anxious to see if you're going to go back to get the surrey bike (which I'm assuming means a tandem bike? You need to add a Scottish-English to American-English dictionary for us!).

True - might just do that! I mean a bike with more than one seat with a sort of canopy over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
What in the world is going on with the snakes??!! You guys have had some crazy encounters!
I love the jumping into the pool in pjs! Definitely a vacation thing to do.
The surry bikes... I am interested to see if you get one. We rode one while on vacation in Cape May, NJ a few years ago and I was amazed at how heavy they are, it was quite a workout. I'm sorry you had to go so far only to be turned back to WL.
We are jinxed with the snakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
Sorry about the snakes. I hate them!!! The heat during your stay was bad. We were at the beach during the same time you were at WDW. The worst day the heat index was 115 in the Flordia panhandle. I can imagine it was at least 115-120 in Orlando.
It was seriously hot. The day we spent at the beach I just couldn't handle the sun at all.

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 07-16-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Joining in! I'm not a snake person - I would have ran screaming to the nearest indoor establishment - no bike riding for me!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Cute pics, your girls look adoreable.

I can't wait to read what happens next.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Ew! Snake!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Adventures in the wilderness Part 2

Breaking that news to 2 hot and tired girls and 1 very hot and tired Granny was not the best! Still we were technically at Disney so still smiling (just) so off we went back to the boat dock!!!!! Entertained ourselves by looking at the huge RVs that were parked. They are bigger than some of the lorries we have here. Still, no matter how big and luxurious they were there was not a chance Granny was going to reconsider after the “snake incident”!!!!
Back on the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and we realised that although we had time we were all too hot and bothered to do the bike right now and really needed a sit down in the air con with a cool drink. So we checked in to Whispering Canyon Café early and found a free rocking chair to chill out. E entertained herself by searching for some hidden mickeys and found the one carved in the rock over the fireplace and one in the carpet.

In no time at all we were called for our lunch and taken to our table. Our “Mom” was lovely and full of life but Ks reaction was hilarious. She just looked at her with her little mouth open (again) as if she could hardly believe the woman! It was very funny! She kept a beady eye on her as if she was not sure what she was going to do next. We ordered our food and it was soooooooo yummy! I had the pulled pork sandwich which was delicious but huge!!!! The atmosphere in there was really good fun and E loved it when it was someone’s birthday and everyone sang. She also joined in the hobby horse riding through the restaurant.

When we were all singing “if you are happy and you know it” K was looking at us as if we had lost our minds. We laughed so much at her little face staring at us not quite being able to figure out why her Mum and Gran were singing in a restaurant. She could hardly eat her lunch! Would highly recommend the Whispering Canyon Café for lunch. The food was amazing – large portion (aren’t they all) but too delicious!
All fed, watered and cooled down we headed back out to the bike barn. Bit back the need to ask the woman there why she had not told me earlier that I couldn’t rent a surrey at Fort Wilderness but didn’t. Organised our bike! It was a cracker! K and E sat in the seats at the front and Granny and I pedalled. Don’t ask me why but I didn’t think they would be as tough to pedal as they were. Those things (plus 4 people!) are heavy! Our legs started to ache almost straight away. We followed the little map on the bike to the start of the bike trail which took us all the way back to…………. Fort Wilderness. Yup we did circle after circle that day! Once we were on the bike trail and no longer had to negotiate our way round other guests we could relax and enjoy. The woman told us to be quiet and we might see some deer so that’s what we did. Unfortunately K took this literally and any time someone made a small noise they got a big shhhhhhhh! We did see some deer – there were about 3 large ones who stayed for a minute and then ran off. At the end of the trail we did a wee turn and headed back. The deer were nowhere to be seen on the way back and the temptation not to be quiet was too much for my girls! It was not helped by the fact that on the bike was a huge and tempting bell with a rope to ring it. Kids are not going to be able to ignore that are they? Well mine couldn’t!!! And so it began. We came into view of Wilderness Lodge with the bell ringing and K shouting “watch out the bells ringing” (oh really we hadn’t noticed??!!) and waving to anyone looking in her direction. She was having a ball but I did have a thought for someone who may be trying to have an afternoon nap so banned them from ringing it as we passed the rooms. Parked our bike back after 30 mins (more than long enough for my little legs!) and went back to our car. Some pics of our bike.

K shushing her sister!

E ringing the bell.

We set off for Downtown Disney which is where we had planned to meet up with DH and Grandad about 3 ish. We turned on our 2way radios when we got close and they were already there. They had an amazing time fishing and caught some great fish. If anyone has a DH who likes to fish then I would highly recommend this company. Very affordable and DH said the fish just kept on biting with a huge variety being caught.

I love Downtown Disney. Its like a little taste of Disney mixed with my favourite pastime – shopping!!! We found them and the girls went straight for the Carousel – a good few rides later we were done.

As everyone else headed to Ghirhardellis (or however you spell it!!) I went to validate my annual pass at Guest Relations. Ice cream apparently was delicious (I am not an ice cream fan!) and not a lot was left at the bottom of the bowls! A quick look round World of Disney and we set off for home.

Girls were getting really tired by this time and we got home, had something to eat and settled them down to sleep. Actually we were all tired so we got organised, packed our park bags and went to bed. Tomorrow……………. The Happiest and Bestest Place in the World!!!!!

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 07-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you were able to get the surry, it is quite a workout but fun to ride. I am loving the stories of K at the Cafe! She sound like a riot! She must have thought you guys had lost it with your singing!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #25
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

so glad you guys finally found the correct bike barn
we also enjoyed Whispering Canyon last summer!!
glad the fishing trip went well
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #26
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

K shushing her sister!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #27
scottishgirl87
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more For some reason I always enjoy reading fellow Scots TR's just that little bit more than anyone else's, lol.
[/center]
Old 07-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm here

Sounds like you have a lovely first day...well other then the bike mix up. Looking forward to more!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
irky416
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you got to ride your bike! For some reason, that was not what I was envisioning.

WCC always seems like so much fun! I need to try that out someday!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

looking forward to reading more
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: