Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #151
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Happy Anniversary!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #152
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Day 13 - Chickens go up the mountain!

Park opening again!!!! Wow Ė a real record for us! Plans for the day today? Kali River rapids, Nemo the musical and Festival of the Lion King. Then we are going to try to make the afternoon parade at Hollywood Studios. Lets see how we got on.

When we got in to the park we make our way to Kali River Rapids. Mum, Dad and E go ahead and ride standby and I walk slowly behind and get a baby swap ticket while DH goes for fast passes at Everest for us all.
Now knowing what her family got up to last time we went AK regarding her knickers Granny was not having any of it this time and took extra. She let E think (when E inevitably stole them) that she didnít have spares! E thought she was hilarious! So I sat and waited for them to come off and was met by DH. Then I see them coming. Not a splash on any of them! Mum pleased about this but E and Grandad a bit disappointed! So its DH and my turn to take E on. Noone took the babyswap ticket which I thought was strange but found out it is because the line was so short that they were even letting people who were coming off cross the rope and get back into the fast pass line. Thatís how quiet the ride was. Guess everyone else was at Everest! So guess what? We got soaked! Properly soaked. The only bit of that was dry was my front of my top. I covered it up with my arms as it was a white top and I was panicing about it becoming see through!!!!! Here is the result.

My shorts were quite thick too and they took all day to dry off. When I got home my knickers were still not completely dry. What a horrible feeling. When we came off Mum was really pleased that we got wet! Sick sense of humour! So as we still had the baby swap ticket and there was still no line Grandad took E on again in the hopes of getting wet! They did not need it again as still no wait and this time they did get wet but just not as wet as us. I am going to stop going on that ride. Every time I go on it I get soaked.

So we have fast passes for Everest but as time is getting on we decide to skip this just now and head for Finding Nemo. We get in line and eventually are in the theatre. K and her impeccable timing decides she then needs to go to the toilet. I ask at the exit door if it is OK to go out to the toilet and come back in and she says it is fine. So I run out with her and on the way back only one of the doors is still open but the curtain is drawn over! I open the curtain and go inside. No problems. But according to Mum E nearly had a fit when they drew the curtain thinking we would not get back in! Everyone loved this show. It is K and DHís first time as he had to take her out last year and she was crying. Its done so well and the actors really blend in but add so much to the performance if you see what I mean. Itís a very hard show to describe but oh so effective and the songs are really catchy! Just keep swimmingÖÖÖ..

On the way out we exit to find it is pouring with rain. We hide for a bit and it eases off so off we go again! So the pressure starts! E wants me to ride Everest! How can you tell a 7 year old that loves a ride that you are too chicken to go? So Dad (who is also a chicken), E and I go for a trip up the mountain! Now DH says it is like Thunder Mountain but a little faster. What????? Erm no its not!!!!! I held on for dear life and screamed Ė a lot!!!!!! Did I like it? I donít know! But I did it!

After that bit of excitement we headed over towards Camp Minnie Mickey for Festival of the Lion King. Raining a bit again but we get into the theatre and get settled in the cool. Thatís another thing. Air con on wet shorts is not nice!!! This show is really fantastic. We loved it! E and K also loved it.

On the way out we had a decision to make. If we hurried we could make the parade at Hollywood Studios. But we were all hungry and didnít know if we could be bothered hurrying over. But it would mean that we would miss it again. So out tummies won and we headed to Flame tree BBQ ! We got our usual and found a seat in our usual pavilion down by the water. Very glad we didnít hurry away! A relaxing lunch was a much better choice. I absolutely love the pulled pork sandwich and I could eat it every day. The coleslaw here is so delicious too.

So now that we were taking our time and not rushing about we did another few things then headed home.

We had to start packing sadly today. How horrible is that? We had so many plans for our last day that we didnít want to be held back with packing. So we spent time packing up and getting organised. Actually scrap that! I packed and Steve kept the girls busy so I could get on and get it done.

By dinnertime we were all very hungry and decided to try the Black Angus Steakhouse at the bottom of our road. Never been here before but the food was really really good. We had a lovely server who was very friendly. The food was delicious, fresh and not too huge. Even the girls ate up!

Afterwards, we set off to play some crazy golf! We usually play some crazy golf and we tend to end up at Fantasia Gardens. As we didnít want to go far we went to the course at Formosa Gardens! It was animal themed and although was not even close to the Disney ones for theming we did have good fun. It started very friendly with dad keeping score. E was cheating blatantly taking about 8 shots and recording a 4! K had a plastic club and was jumping around, hitting balls and generally having a ball. It became apparent that Dad had noticed that him and me were neck and neck at the top of the score board. Then he did what all men do when they sense competition. They start to take it too seriously! Steve had given up as his score was not great! Mum and I giggled that they couldnít just enjoy it for what it was. Fun!!! Anyway this continued till we got to the second last hole and Dad bottled it and missed a few shots. So I was triumphant!!! I was congratulated grudgingly by the boys Ė and E who thought that she had won!!! (??????) Had to share this little video of K. This was Kís strategy for winning. You have to admire her spirit and her genuine pleasure at her accomplishment at the end!!!!

Video of Katie giving Tiger Woods a run for his money!

All in all a great day and a really busy one tomorrow. We are going on a character hunt!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #153
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

You rode EE!! I am impressed! Good for you!!! I can't imagine that your DH said that it is like Thunder Mountain! I don't think so ... he certainly got you on that one!
I like the photo that you took the has the temple alter in front of the EE mountain... I just found out about the imagnieers duplicating the outline there, very cool.
Yes, school is looming near here too. Our DD heads to college in less than 2 weeks!! I am excited for her but we will really miss her, kind of hard.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #154
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Great update. I can't believe you make rope drop so much. We live in WDW's time zone and can't make it. I may have to give Flaming Tree BBQ a try. The DH loves cole slaw.

So, will you be brinking knickers with you next time you ride Kalie River Rapids?

The video of Katie playing golf is great. Sooooo cute!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #155
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
You rode EE!! I am impressed! Good for you!!! I can't imagine that your DH said that it is like Thunder Mountain! I don't think so ... he certainly got you on that one!
I like the photo that you took the has the temple alter in front of the EE mountain... I just found out about the imagnieers duplicating the outline there, very cool.
Yes, school is looming near here too. Our DD heads to college in less than 2 weeks!! I am excited for her but we will really miss her, kind of hard.
I know! Can't believe I fell for it!
School here starts tomorrow. I think E is rteady to go back. She misses her friends when they are off for so long. I am off today to register at University so by tonight I will be a student again! Scary. Course starts on Monday though and I am really looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Great update. I can't believe you make rope drop so much. We live in WDW's time zone and can't make it. I may have to give Flaming Tree BBQ a try. The DH loves cole slaw.

So, will you be brinking knickers with you next time you ride Kalie River Rapids?

The video of Katie playing golf is great. Sooooo cute!
Kinckers, shorts and a dry tshirt might just be on the list!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Happy Anniversary!!!
Thank you!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 AM   #156
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

I loved the 'after' pics of Kali River Rapids!

We also got soaked through last year - we also had the soggy knicker problem!

We found a nearby restroom with hand dryers and tried to dry as much of ourselves as we could with that - couldn't quite reach the bottom area though!

It's a badge of honour for us not to wear ponchos on KRR - but I've come up with a strategy for the next time - to sit on the poncho and wrap it around my nether regions! Like you say - they are the bits that it's most difficult to dry!

You were so brave to go on EE - My DH would never be able to get me on it!

I'm really enjoying your report - the photos are fantastic!

Shari xx
Old 08-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #157
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Awh, it can't be over already, can it?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #158
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I loved the 'after' pics of Kali River Rapids!

We also got soaked through last year - we also had the soggy knicker problem!

We found a nearby restroom with hand dryers and tried to dry as much of ourselves as we could with that - couldn't quite reach the bottom area though!

It's a badge of honour for us not to wear ponchos on KRR - but I've come up with a strategy for the next time - to sit on the poncho and wrap it around my nether regions! Like you say - they are the bits that it's most difficult to dry!

You were so brave to go on EE - My DH would never be able to get me on it!

I'm really enjoying your report - the photos are fantastic!

Shari xx
I thought it was against Disney law to wear a poncho on KKR???

I don't know about brave! Gullible and naive maybe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Awh, it can't be over already, can it?
I know!!! Holidays pass so quickly!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #159
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

A bit off topic but schools went back today and I wanted to share my pics of my girls heading off to school. K starts preschool in 2 weeks so got dressed in hers this morning too.

E had a great day and loves her new teacher. All good so far!

Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #160
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Your youngest looks like quite the ham! (not sure if that translate, but I mean, hamming it up for the camera-does that help at all?)
Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #161
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Your youngest looks like quite the ham! (not sure if that translate, but I mean, hamming it up for the camera-does that help at all?)
You have summed her up completely!!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #162
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Adorable!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #163
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

great day at AK!!!
Your girls are so cute!! E looks so very grown-up
Old 08-20-2009, 02:43 AM   #164
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

I love the way she stands with her legs crossed it looks so cute.

Kirsten
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #165
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

As someone else said, they are Adorable.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: