Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
juju
Mouseketeer

Advice on shuttle from CDG to Paris?

We will be arriving at CDG and to Paris for a week with a tour group and then on our own to DLP for 3 days. On the helpful advice of you all, I have looked into shuttle services with a few different companies. However, our tour company says they strongly discourage reserving a shuttle service in advance when we arrive at CDG. They say that if we are late for the shuttle due to a late flight or going thru customs that they will not wait and as we have already paid we will lose our payment. With luggage and not knowing the city or the language, I'm not sure that we are ready to tackle public transport the first day. I'd prefer not to pay the cost of a cab or individual car service for the ride from the airport to Paris, but will consider if your vote goes that way.
Any thoughts or recommendations?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

We have always used RS/BS transports and they have always been really good. Although we have not been delayed we had to change the flight times at short notice and they were happy to accomodate us. The same happened going back to the airport we phoned them to change the time and they were happy to do so (we were affected by Air France strikes)

You have to give them your flight number so I assume they check if the flight is on time. Also you dont have to pay them upfront - you can pay as they collect you
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
tiring_day
Founder member of the DJP
I will not be posting pictures of my freaky blue poncho

RS have been very good the 2 times we have used them. As said above, you do not have to pay them until they drop you at your hotel. If you are doing a return you pay something like 60% going and the balance when they get you back to the airport.

steve
tiring_day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Same here - we've booked a different company this time (used RS last time) so fingers crossed they are OK. But yes, you pay 50% on outbound and remainder when they drop you back at airport so no payment up front. They also check the flight times by your flight number so I v much doubt they would not meet you in the case of a delay. Just make sure you have a mobile/contact number (out of hours is good!) in case you have a prob when you arrive at CDG
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
scottishgirl87
DIS Veteran

I used RS in May and would highly recommend them Plus the bonus is you don't have to pay upfront! Can just pay cash when they've dropped you off which I much preferred.
[/center]
scottishgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: