Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

3 Girls have fun trip: Day 3

Cast:

Me (Nikki) 27 14 visits
My cousin Lorraine 26 yrs 4 visits
Our friend Mel 27 1st trip

18th-21st June:

Day 1
Day 2

Day 3:

I was the 1st to wake up, my cold had finally broken open but I ached across my shoulders & back from the position I had slept in. Lorraine decided to go for a run instead of going to breakfast as we were popping into Salon Mickey today. I had a very hot shower & after a hot chocolate & some food felt better.

Headed to the Main Park for EMH & straight to the Carousel. This was walk on, after this we headed to Peter Pan, I donít normally do this ride as the queue length is usually ridiculous but it was only 10 minutes this time.

Lorraine & I waiting

Had a slow walk up to Salon Mickey passing through the Castle & the Christmas shop where I picked out some things I wanted to buy tomorrow on our shopping day. As we were leaving the park there was a Marching band playing & followed us out.

This was my 1st visit to Salon Mickey even though I had been a member of the shareholders club for 10 years. Its lovely & the lady who let us in was very pleasant. There was a nice choice of pastries, muffins, cookies, Mickey brioches, pain au chocolates & croissants.

We settled in for a welcome drink & a relaxing sit down. I think Salon Mickey is a lovely perk for shareholders, its peaceful & sometimes a welcome break from the hustle of the park.

In Salon Mickey

We headed over to the Studios ready for the 12pm Stunt show. Grabbed a fast pass for RnR, as it was only 20 minutes till the time slot. My cousin was cold so we headed quickly back to the hotel so she could change & I grabbed a jacket & we met Mel back in the park. After Aerosmith off we went to the Stunt show. They started letting us in for the show at about 11.30. We loved the show & the stunts are amazing, I just wish I could have a job like that!

Lorraine had said she wanted to go to Stitch Live & as we checked it out it was time for the English version. What can I say its very funny, all the audience participated but it stalled a little when Stitch picked an Italian lady for his girlfriend & she didnít understand much English. It was great.

However as we left this it was chucking it down. We decided to just run to Cinemagique. However the next showing wasnít for 45 minutes & as itís wasnít really in our plans we gave it a miss. Decided to grab some lunch just to get out of the rain. It was busy in En Coulisse but we found a table & ate. I did notice someone eating the Mickey burger & it looked scrummy so must try it next time.

After lunch it had stopped raining & was sunny again. We headed back to the Main Park where it was busier then the previous 2 days but we didnít mind as we had done all the rides we wanted to an others were a bonus. Tried to book our evening meal at City Hall for Billy Bobs but the system was down & they werenít answering the phone. We decided to book it when we went back to the hotel.

Had another ride on Pirates & BTM before heading over to Discoveryland to pick up the train. Whilst we were waiting it was time for DJ Stitch, now I know most people arenít happy with this but we found it hilarious. I think Stitch should release a fitness DVD just for a laugh & there is nothing wrong with 80ís music

After a wait we were aboard the train which we rode all the way round & eventually got off at Main Street to leave but not before calling into City Hall to try again, no problem this time apart from we had to book a little later then planned.

I wanted to see the Stars & Cars parade in the Studios; Mel was tired so she headed back to the hotel whilst my cousin & me headed off. We found a reasonable spot to watch. Whilst waiting I was playing about with my camera getting some shots of ToT, I managed to a great shot of the doors opening. I hope to try & use my DLSR next time to get better results.

From exactly the same spot as the previous one!

The Parade was good & its great there are characters in it you donít normally see such as Mulan.

Got back to the hotel to freshen up & chill before our meal at Billy Bobs. We called into the HNY bar for a drink before hand as it would have been rude not to! This is my cousinís favourite bar & my favourite hotel. Lorraine had a Glowtini, which looked nice but I donít like Peach Schnapps so I had a non-alcoholic one with Sprite & Bubblegum syrup it was delicious, Mel wasnít feeling great so she had soda water. We had our photo taken here but I donít have it on my camera so it will be added later.

Off to Billy Bobs for the buffet. People were waiting on the stairs when we got there, as it was Salsa evening. However we didnít need to queue there as they were waiting for the bar. After a short wait at the proper place to queue we were soon seated after paying it was good value here & even better that I got 15% shareholders discount. The food looked plentiful. Had plenty of choice for all courses. For the mains I tried nearly everything. The beef was delicious; I donít normally eat my meat with blood in but am slowly coming round to it when Iím abroad. The fajitas were very spicy but nice all the same. Mel & Lorraine were feeling great so didnít eat much. I had a couple of desserts one that tasted like Ferrero Roche was scrummy.

By the time we left the bar on the ground floor was packed as there was a band playing there. As the others didnít feel great we headed back to the hotel. I did a little retail therapy in the hotel shop before going to bed.

Tomorrow, our last day for this trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Fab day,liking the sound of Salon Mickey, can't wait to try it out when we go.
Hope your cousin and friend feel better!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far Sorry to hear you were all ill at some point on the trip - glad to see it didn't spoil it too much
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #4
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Another great day ~ sorry none of you have been feeling your best but glad you're not letting it affect your fun.

That shot of TOT is amazing ~ you can even see people's heads and if you had sound I bet we'd hear them screaming!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

You certainly managed to get a lot done, especially as none of you were at your best.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: