Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #31
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

I'm so excited to go on Sept 25th and be there for the first day of the Halloween fun. Space Mountain will be the first ride I hit!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #32
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaAndMatt View Post
TFS! I am soooooooooo excited!!

I did a search and found these pics from the Hong Kong one.

That looks so cool! Reminds me of the "ectoplasm" wall projections in HM, in the seance room.

Now I'm going to have to sneak in a mini-trip between my summer & holiday trips...

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
disney_love<3
Mouseketeer

Wow, can't wait!

My favorite time of the year at DLR is Halloweentime and this should should be great too!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Cool ~ but I'm bummed, SM will be down for our DLR trip mid Sept. and it more than likely won't be running in WDW's MK for our early Oct. trip.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #35
Chris420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
I'm so excited to go on Sept 25th and be there for the first day of the Halloween fun. Space Mountain will be the first ride I hit!
Im really hoping I get my funds together enough to join you for this
Chris420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

AWESOME!!! I can not wait to see both the fireworks & the Space Mountain overlay! Soooooooo excited!!!

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #37
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #38
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!)
Dizneydaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #39
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.
Was that in today's L.A. Times? I don't see it online yet on the L.A. Times site.

Anyway, other than the TOTP, it seems the article is focusing only on the new things being added, because they did not reference the Haunted Mansion Holiday or Woody's Halloween Round-Up. They had BETTER still be doing the HMH. I know the DLR website mentions HMH but that could always change.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #40
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!)
Those same villains mentioned in the article were in the parks last year, so that is nothing new, except they were not handing out treats. They were just posing for photos.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Was that in today's L.A. Times? I don't see it online yet on the L.A. Times site.

Anyway, other than the TOTP, it seems the article is focusing only on the new things being added, because they did not reference the Haunted Mansion Holiday or Woody's Halloween Round-Up. They had BETTER still be doing the HMH. I know the DLR website mentions HMH but that could always change.
Here's the link: http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...alloween-4901/

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Thank you! I couldn't find it at all!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #43
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oh my goodness!!!! Sherry, remind me of your October dates again please...I can't remember when you'll be there, altho knowing me it's in your siggie! LOL
Now I realllllllllllly want to go in October........I know what I'm researching tonight.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #44
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Oh my goodness!!!! Sherry, remind me of your October dates again please...I can't remember when you'll be there, altho knowing me it's in your siggie! LOL
Now I realllllllllllly want to go in October........I know what I'm researching tonight.
Kerri we're going on the 9th *wink wink* if you want to plan on going to DLR.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #45
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
And as Jasmine and Courtney know, my October plans are still up in the air. On the one hand, good AP hotel rates for the end of September (and my AP will still be valid). On the other hand, TOTP in October and Jasmine will be there on one weekend while Courtney may be there on a different weekend....so I am in a quandary over what to do - day trip vs. weekend trip, before or after I renew the AP, and which weekend would I choose - cheap hotel weekend or TOTP weekend?! I'm SO confused - but I have to be there for Halloweentime!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: