Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #31
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA
 
disneynerd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 964

I'm so excited to go on Sept 25th and be there for the first day of the Halloween fun. Space Mountain will be the first ride I hit!
__________________
Does the Betty Ford clinic accept Disneyland addicts ?

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #32
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran
 
spacemermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Posts: 5,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaAndMatt View Post
TFS! I am soooooooooo excited!!

I did a search and found these pics from the Hong Kong one.

That looks so cool! Reminds me of the "ectoplasm" wall projections in HM, in the seance room.

Now I'm going to have to sneak in a mini-trip between my summer & holiday trips...
__________________


Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
disney_love<3
Mouseketeer
 
disney_love<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wilmington, Ca
Posts: 131

Wow, can't wait!

My favorite time of the year at DLR is Halloweentime and this should should be great too!
__________________
Annette (Me)- Nick (DBF)
Premium AP holders since May 2008!
disney_love<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,906

Cool ~ but I'm bummed, SM will be down for our DLR trip mid Sept. and it more than likely won't be running in WDW's MK for our early Oct. trip.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #35
Chris420
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
I'm so excited to go on Sept 25th and be there for the first day of the Halloween fun. Space Mountain will be the first ride I hit!
Im really hoping I get my funds together enough to join you for this
Chris420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran
 
Sally_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 676

AWESOME!!! I can not wait to see both the fireworks & the Space Mountain overlay! Soooooooo excited!!!
__________________
(me) (DD~12) (DS~15) (DH) Happily Visiting From Canada

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #37
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor
 
3Minnies1Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Modesto, Nor. CA
Posts: 8,331

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.
__________________
Shannon

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #38
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern California-30 min. from DLand
Posts: 10,940

How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!)
__________________
11-839-986-994-00 6-0212-03 9-041-05 DDP 9-05 DDP 1-06 9-06 DDP9-07 DDP 9-08 DDP 9-09 DDP 9-10 QSDP! 10-11 QSDP, 10-12 QSDP AND AoA!1-14 NO DDP! POFQ
**CLICK HERE FOR 2014 CONFIRMED SNACKS LIST!**GOING BACK SEPT. 2014!!!
**
Dizneydaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #39
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,103
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.
Was that in today's L.A. Times? I don't see it online yet on the L.A. Times site.

Anyway, other than the TOTP, it seems the article is focusing only on the new things being added, because they did not reference the Haunted Mansion Holiday or Woody's Halloween Round-Up. They had BETTER still be doing the HMH. I know the DLR website mentions HMH but that could always change.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #40
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,103
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!)
Those same villains mentioned in the article were in the parks last year, so that is nothing new, except they were not handing out treats. They were just posing for photos.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor
 
3Minnies1Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Modesto, Nor. CA
Posts: 8,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Was that in today's L.A. Times? I don't see it online yet on the L.A. Times site.

Anyway, other than the TOTP, it seems the article is focusing only on the new things being added, because they did not reference the Haunted Mansion Holiday or Woody's Halloween Round-Up. They had BETTER still be doing the HMH. I know the DLR website mentions HMH but that could always change.
Here's the link: http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...alloween-4901/
__________________
Shannon

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,103
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Thank you! I couldn't find it at all!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #43
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,206

Oh my goodness!!!! Sherry, remind me of your October dates again please...I can't remember when you'll be there, altho knowing me it's in your siggie! LOL
Now I realllllllllllly want to go in October........I know what I'm researching tonight.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD17 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #44
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Oh my goodness!!!! Sherry, remind me of your October dates again please...I can't remember when you'll be there, altho knowing me it's in your siggie! LOL
Now I realllllllllllly want to go in October........I know what I'm researching tonight.
Kerri we're going on the 9th *wink wink* if you want to plan on going to DLR.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #45
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,103
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Oh my goodness!!!! Sherry, remind me of your October dates again please...I can't remember when you'll be there, altho knowing me it's in your siggie! LOL
Now I realllllllllllly want to go in October........I know what I'm researching tonight.
And as Jasmine and Courtney know, my October plans are still up in the air. On the one hand, good AP hotel rates for the end of September (and my AP will still be valid). On the other hand, TOTP in October and Jasmine will be there on one weekend while Courtney may be there on a different weekend....so I am in a quandary over what to do - day trip vs. weekend trip, before or after I renew the AP, and which weekend would I choose - cheap hotel weekend or TOTP weekend?! I'm SO confused - but I have to be there for Halloweentime!!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/12) New Thread Begun on TR Board! KathyRN137 Completed Trip Reports 2926 11-14-2009 07:03 AM
Delicious Bites, Halloween Frights & Character Delights. NEW PTR HAS BEGUN! Lady Lallie Completed Trip Reports 583 08-08-2009 08:39 PM
Halloween decorations when? firefox2 Disneyland (California) 4 07-15-2009 05:35 PM
water park or halloween party larsnshan Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 20 07-11-2009 06:07 PM
Splash Mountain Drop? Brita Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 28 07-11-2009 08:52 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.