Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Wow. I think this is a great idea on TDA's part. Especially more so "Ghost Galaxy" theme and not pumpkins and typical Halloween stuff. Can't wait!
Old 07-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"

Ok, our October trip just got a whole lot cooler! I am so excited for more fun Halloween stuff!

I really hope that they do the Halloween fireworks while we are there!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
VictoriaAndMatt
DIS Veteran

TFS! I am soooooooooo excited!!

I did a search and found these pics from the Hong Kong one.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaAndMatt View Post
TFS! I am soooooooooo excited!!

I did a search and found these pics from the Hong Kong one.

Wow! That looks pretty cool!!

Thanks for the pics!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #20
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Sherry, These were my thoughts exactly!! It already has been crowded for the last few years, and now it is just going to get worse!!

Oh well, I guess if I want to see the new stuff, I just have to go with the flow!
Yep! I agree. With yet another attraction to lure in October crowds, attendance will probably be sky-high! At least it won't all be concentrated in New Orleans Square - more people will be spread out to different areas of DL. The thing is, they need to do more with DCA. I know they have the TOTP there at night, but not everyone wants to pay extra for that. They need to do more with DCA in the daytime in terms of luring people in for Halloweentime AND for Christmastime. They already removed Santa from DCA last year, and now there are whispers that Santa's Reindeer Round Up may not be happening in DL this year at all (because of the BBQ being there), so Santa has to go and sit somewhere other than the 3 hotels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
And we all truly appreciate the sacrifices you make for us, Sherry!
I know. It's tough, but I have to take one for the team and do the 'field work' and 'research' so I can accurately report back to everyone!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 07-11-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #21
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Yep! I agree. With yet another attraction to lure in October crowds, attendance will probably be sky-high! At least it won't all be concentrated in New Orleans Square - more people will be spread out to different areas of DL. The thing is, they need to do more with DCA. I know they have the TOTP there at night, but not everyone wants to pay extra for that. They need to do more with DCA in the daytime in terms of luring people in for Halloweentime AND for Christmastime. They already removed Santa from DCA last year, and now there are whispers that Santa's Reindeer Round Up may not be happening in DL this year at all (because of the BBQ being there), so Santa has to go and sit somewhere other than the 3 hotels!

I know. It's tough, but I have to take on for the team and do the 'field work' and 'research' so I can accurately report back to everyone!
Yeah! Reeeeeeaaaall tuff!! Somehow, I'm not feeling too sorry for you.

J/K!!!

I think DCA is somewhat OK for Halloween, but for not for Christmas. I wonder what they will do with all the construction going on over there? The place where the Christmas tree use sit is gone. It would be pretty, if they could set in up in Sunshine Plaza and have Santa there!!!

Oh and for Halloween, they could decorate ToT again, and have random drops like WDW!!! Now that would bring some crowds over there!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #22
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

So cool, especially since I will be there in mid-October! Everybody cross fingers that they do fireworks (just for me) on Columbus Day!

Strangely, the last time I rode Space Mountain (at DL) was during the Rockin' Space Mountain time. It's been since ... hmm ... 2001 since I rode the "regular" version. I did ride it at WDW last fall, but that's not the same.

Thanks for the updates

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Yeah! Reeeeeeaaaall tuff!! Somehow, I'm not feeling too sorry for you.

J/K!!!

I think DCA is somewhat OK for Halloween, but for not for Christmas. I wonder what they will do with all the construction going on over there? The place where the Christmas tree use sit is gone. It would be pretty, if they could set in up in Sunshine Plaza and have Santa there!!!

Oh and for Halloween, they could decorate ToT again, and have random drops like WDW!!! Now that would bring some crowds over there!!!
Santa does need to be somewhere other than the 3 hotels, and it sounds as though the BBQ may boot poor Santa out of his Reindeer Round-Up. I think they should put him in DCA just to make it a little more Christmasy there, but who knows...

There were reports last year that the ToT was kind of lame in terms of the Halloween decorations, and that there wasn't much to it. Is that true?

I notice that Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr are closed for chunks of time starting in August, and they are both reopening right in time for the official start of the Holiday season at DLR. Hmmmm.....they must be adding some new stuff in there. I know that Storybook Land has had some miniature Christmas trees and things in the past, but perhaps they are going to do an even bigger holiday display this year and go all out? That would be so cool.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #24
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Victoria or Matt (it is one of you, right?)
Thank you so much for posting those pics for us. That looks way, way cool and I for one, am very excited to try it. I think it will make Space even more popular. Better get those FP's early in the day.

And Sherry, your comment about research made me think of the Cheerios commercial where people say "yeah, this is gonna be real hard, but I think I will manage somehow".

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

Looks really cool. Kind of silly two of their big attractions (SM and HM) are down during their huge D23 convention though!
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 F&W Fall Trip
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #26
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Victoria or Matt (it is one of you, right?)
Thank you so much for posting those pics for us. That looks way, way cool and I for one, am very excited to try it. I think it will make Space even more popular. Better get those FP's early in the day.

And Sherry, your comment about research made me think of the Cheerios commercial where people say "yeah, this is gonna be real hard, but I think I will manage somehow".
Oh yeah! I have seen that commercial! Well, if I have to extend (snowball) my trip into a longer one in October JUST to report back to fellow DIS-ers on new Halloween stuff, I will just have to suck it up and do it. And then, in December, my favorite time of year at DLR, I will also HAVE to report on the holiday goings-on, and extend my trip then too! Oh well! This is very important information to learn, so all in the name of the DIS!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Interesting.

Sherry, are you seeing, like I am, a reason for PPH to be 221 throughout October now?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #28
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Interesting.

Sherry, are you seeing, like I am, a reason for PPH to be 221 throughout October now?
Yes! I thought of that very thing earlier today when I read Tinkermell's first post! That definitely crossed my mind! That holding pattern may keep holding after all, darn it.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #29
keptwoman
Mouseketeer

Oh that's exciting!! I wonder if they will have the fireworks showing outside of the weekends too... boy I hope so!!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #30
aprincess@mail.com
Princess Angie

oh wow, that has to be really cool to ride. too bad i cant sneak in a mini trip in october.
Thanks for the updates!!!
WDW Saratoga Springs Spa & Resort Suite June 2007
2008 & 2010 & 2012 Disneyland Season Pass Holder!!!
aprincess@mail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: