Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

hotel recommendations?

I'm very familiar with WDW resorts and clueless about Disneyland, so please excuse my very basic and annoying question. I understand that the "perks" of staying on property are not as many as in WDW, and that the Good Neighbour hotels may even find you closer to the gates. I am willing to try a Good Neighbour Hotel and would like it to be close walking distance and nice. I don't mind spending a lot on a hotel room if it's really worth it. Any recommendations?
nonzerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
I'm very familiar with WDW resorts and clueless about Disneyland, so please excuse my very basic and annoying question. I understand that the "perks" of staying on property are not as many as in WDW, and that the Good Neighbour hotels may even find you closer to the gates. I am willing to try a Good Neighbour Hotel and would like it to be close walking distance and nice. I don't mind spending a lot on a hotel room if it's really worth it. Any recommendations?
Here is a start, read all of what is contained, from the above sticky's...............

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???

It depends on what your looking for The hojo's has a cute kids area, nice rooms clean and affordable and has a pool, but farther up so a little ways to walk ,not bad during the day but long at night when your beat. There is the fairfield inn which has a nice pool, closer to the parks, nice amenities and has mcdonalds in front of it, pizza hut inside it, and a coffee shop for coffee. Mimi's restaurant on one side of it and Milli's on the other. Its down from the hojo's and closer and very clean and the ratings are very high for this place ( beds are said to be some of the best to) we will be staying at the fairfield next month

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???

here is a map of hotels along the out side of Disneyland. http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/55...ighbormap1.jpg

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

There's also the Candy Cane Inn. It's really close for walking but they also have a free shuttle that runs every half hour. It's a cute little hotel with a fountain and lots of trees and flowers. The pool is small but it looked nice (we didn't get a chance to use it). The hot tub was under a gazeebo. They also have free parking and a free breakfast. The breakfast is actually pretty good for a free hotel breakfast. Nothing fancy but there was cereal, bagels with three flavors of cream cheese, croissants, muffins, donuts, fruit (mostly bananas but a few apples and oranges), bread with a toaster available, hot chocolate, juice and coffee.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: