Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
LuvCuteBoys
Doing good is not a competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuaww View Post
People need to realize what Donte Stallworth did. Yes he killed a man, if you know the full the story, the man came running across the street in front of traffic when he was killed. If Donte Stallworth had not been drinking, he would have killed the man according to police and eye witness reports. Yes he was drunk, but it didn't play a factor. Also this is a man with NO prior criminal history and he stopped as soon as he hit him and waited for police to arrive. He fully cooperated with police. If he hadn't been drunk, he wouldn't have even been charged!

Now he is the important thing. REGARDLESS of what he paid the family, the COURT decided not to pursue this anymore, the JUDGE gave him a sentence that HE thought was fair and HE is the expert, not us!

His sentence was 30 days in prison, 2-3 years of probation and life without a drivers license (in 5 years he can get a work only licence)

Stop casting judgements until you know the full story, and athletes are rarely getting special treatment for serious crimes, so stop making that conclusion unless you back it up with hard evidence.
Thank you.

And Michael Vick is the scum of the earth. I would carry on a conversation with Stallworth. I might kill Vick with my bare hands if given the opportunity.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

He hit a guy that was drunk crossing a street that wasn't in the crosswalk. They both had blame to share here. Having to live the rest of your life with that weight on your shoulders and ruining your career is punishment enough, I think the sentence is fair.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
tinatark
DIS Veteran

Although it was an unavoidable accident - Stallworth was not supposed to be driving - his b.a.c. was almost double the legal limit - if he hadn't been driving he wouldn't have killed him.

The guy he killed wasn't drinking - he was on his way home from work after working the night shift - it was 7 am.

IMO his plea deal was brokered after his payment to the family. Victim impact is a large part of sentencing... since they "wanted closure" the deal was approved by the judge.

It's sad to say, but I would guess the financial payout was in the millions of $$ range - it's reported DS had his car insurance and a $5 million umbrella liability policy. The sad part is, the victim's death probably gave the family more financial security than he ever would in life.

I
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: