Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

My planned approach to the next trip

In 20 days my kids and I are heading to WDW (without DH) for an 11 day visit. My sister and her DH will be joining us for much of the trip. I've thought a lot about how to handle all the different personalities. My DDs are 13 and 7 and fight the way siblings do, though it sometimes intensifies on vacation. My sister has been my best friend for most of our adult lives, but her DH and I are oil and water. I've had a few moments of panic about how all of this is going to work.

I've decided that I am going to pretend to be a CM and do my best to make the trip magical for everyone. I tend to be pretty uptight and wanting to run the show, but I am going to try to relax and really listen to what everyone else wants to do and try to make it happen. As long as I get on Soarin' and TSMM at least once, I'm good. Other than that, I'm going to smile until my face freezes that way and focus on making it magical for everyone else.

I'm hoping that trying to have the mindset of a really great CM will help me. I'll let you all know if it worked when I get back.
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
terri01p
DIS Veteran

Just because you go together doesn't mean that you can't do your thing and let your sister and her dh do their thing...why don't you group up most of the time with just your child and do your thing and meet up with your sister for certian things like fireworks, dinners etc. and that way you don't have to make the trip more work than fun.
There are four in my family and that's stressful enough trying to keep everyone together let alone a big group.

Have fun it's disney...
terri01p is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: