Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

Hotwire or Price line for bidding on a hotel

Hotwire or Price line for bidding on a hotel. What is the lattest you can check into a hotel when you bid?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
Hotwire or Price line for bidding on a hotel. What is the lattest you can check into a hotel when you bid?
Whatever hotel you are checking into will have the times for check-in.

I just bid $100.00 on a 4 star hotel in San Diego and got the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa....usually goes for $350.00 per night. I went to their website (Hilton SD) and the check in time is 4pm.

Are you also aware if you do use Hotwire or Priceline the hotel does NOT know that....you are treated just like a guest that paid top dollar for their room.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

momrek06

Did you use priceline or hotwire, does it realy make a difference. My dd may arrive late. I was wondering what the latest is she can check in. I am thinking she would arrive 10 pm or later.

Thanks Tigger
Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

I rarely pay attention to check-in times when using priceline/hotwire. If they have a room ready when you get there, they'll let you check in. Our last priceline hotel had a check-in time of 3:00pm, but we arrived at 1:00 and were able to check right at 1:00pm.
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
momrek06

Did you use priceline or hotwire, does it realy make a difference. My dd may arrive late. I was wondering what the latest is she can check in. I am thinking she would arrive 10 pm or later.

Thanks Tigger
I always do Priceline. I have not used Hotwire. I have a friend that will only use Hotwire and loves it. Anyway, if your DD is arriving late and you have already won a bid on either site....just call the hotel and tell them she is arriving late. You do NOT need to mention HOW you booked the hotel. They will be expecting her and the room will be under her name. Late arrivals are generally NEVER a problem. It is those seeking to get in earlier than the time designated. But as the pp said...sometimes the hotel will allow for early check-in's.

Oh and about your DD, if it is REALLLLLY late, best to definitely call ahead and let them know.

My sons went camping a few weeks ago up to the SEQUOIA's Nat Park and were not going to get there until midnight. They called and were given special check in procedures due to their late arrival.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
DisneyBlonde
Popcorn and a Cold Beer..doesn't get any better than this!

My Dh has used hotwire and priceline a few times and gotten us a good deal. There's a science to it, knowing what to bid, what hotel you're likely to get. He learned a lot from Bidding For Fun.

Tink is my signature color!

POP Fridge Swap
DisneyBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

Well i hate to be the first to say ,but yes the hotel does know how you booked unless they have changed that in the last year.I have checked in several times to various hotels in orlando and some mention has been made, the wyndham on i-drive is one that is fresh on my mind...Better bidding and the biddingfortravel is good for doing your homework.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

The hotel does know it is a PL room, though it has never made a difference in how I was treated.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
SydSim
Keep Dancin'
Now, if she could just get passionate about remembering to put a period at the end of a sentence

Have used Priceline more times than I can remember. Checking in a little late isn't a problem, since you've already paid for your room. Calling ahead is a advised for very late check-ins. And yes, they are well aware that the room was booked thru Priceline and it has made a difference at some of my places. In Albany, Ny just this past May, I won a bid on a great hotel. I researched it and found that some rooms on certain floors had issues with morning sunlight coming thru the windows, so I requested to NOT be on those floors. When I arrived, the front desk agent said that Priceline customers have to take what's available - so my advance request wasn't honored.

There are hotels that are going thru renovations and Priceline customers are sometimes put into the "old" rooms. My stay has never been ruined because of these slights though. I suppose if I were paying $350/night and someone else paid $85, I would want to get the newer room too

Last edited by SydSim; 07-12-2009 at 10:18 AM.
SydSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

I prefer the betterbidding.com site - you can post there and ask questions there, and they will direct you - they have a list for priceline hotels, and hotwire hotels.

they also are good at telling you when it is better to use hotwire, and when you can use priceline!

ITA that hotels do know if you are a PL customer - their hotels put their inventory into PL - and I also agree that you can check in, like at Disney, and your room may or may not be ready! I've checked in at 9AM in a Chicago hotel - usually my room is ready, if not they will store my luggage for me while I hit the town!

oh and I think they reccommend looking on hotels.com to find the inventory for the city you are looking at!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I was told that if I did not check in by midnight, my whole reservation could be cancelled, even though it was prepaid. I believe it even said that in the confirmation email I got from Priceline. Anyway, I got in late for this trip(Orlando) and just called that morning to let them know I would be checking in late. They said it was not a problem and noted it. We did not get in until 5:30AM and our room was waiting for us.

Marsha
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
Lachesis00

"Law & Order" fan

Priceline and I always name my own price We've gotten some amazing deals!

Irish Twins 10 months apart...

Canon 40d-new / Canon 20d-old
Lachesis00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: