Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
katydidbug1
Mrs. Smee, My Heart Belongs to a Pirate.

Question Girls, what do you carry in the Park?

I know I have seen a thread on here before about what kind of bags ya'll carry in the park.

Backpacks
Crossbody bags?

Brands?

Pictures?

TIA
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
NanaV
Mouseketeer

I don't carry a bag at all. I just load up my DH's cargo shorts pockets with everything we need for the day!
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
katydidbug1
Mrs. Smee, My Heart Belongs to a Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaV View Post
I don't carry a bag at all. I just load up my DH's cargo shorts pockets with everything we need for the day!
Thought of that but I need something to put my Camera in.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
resol37
Tower of Terror, here I come!
It's when they sart calling me "honey" and "darling" that we have problems

Ticket
Debit card
ID
Lip balm
Cell Phone
Sunglasses

If I feel the need, I have a simple nylon drawstring bag to stash stuff in.
Shades of Green (96, 98, 00, 06 - twice, 07, 10)
Vacation Home for the Somewhat Smaller Family Trip (12)
Caribbean Beach Resort (14)
resol37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaV View Post
I just had the funniest thought with this
What if its that time of month and he gets searched sorry but imagining the horror on my DH's face put me in a huge case of the giggles!

To answer the question I have a small camera case that has extra pockets. Its maybe 6 inches. I put my camera in it when rain or water ride is in my near future but it also holds my ID and money. I add a small tube of SPF lip balm as well. Hubby carries the rest and I call him my pack mule. There are times we split up so I like making sure I have my own stuff with me.

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I have a little drawstring type backpack thing....made by Nike...but im sure there are tons of other brands. I would recommend hitting up a sporting goods store and looking in there or maybe Walmart or Target have these too im sure. They expand nicely to fit my camera, sunglasses,wallet,phone..etc.. but they are small and not bulky..easy to carry on rides!
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

I am a BIG fan of my Overland Donner! I think it's pretty fashionable for a park bag and it holds everything I need! There are side pockets for carrying water and/or an umbrella. The front flap has a padded pocket for your cell phone or glasses and there is a small mesh pocket that I use to keep my KTTK Card in. The shoulder strap is adjustable so you can sling it across your body, (even someone Pooh sized and tall can sling it!) and it's small enough that you don't have to take it off on every ride. Here are some pictures of mine:

The style has changed a bit since I bought mine, but I think it's still close to the same.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
chipndales
bELIeve GO GIANTS!

I carried a small, comfortable backpack with me. I found it easier to just put it on and forget about it being there. Inside I keep my camera, poncho, umbrella, sunblock and a couple bottles of water. I keep money, cc, license in my pocket and sunglasses on my head. Of course, when my DD was smaller, I carried A LOT more. I do not miss that part of her being younger at all lol.

1984 first trip! off site
1988 college trip! off site
2006 MNSSHP @ ASMovies
2007 MNSSHP @ offsite time share
2008 MVMCP @ offsite time share
2009 MNSSHP @ ASMovies (mother/daughter trip! )
2010 TURKEYDAY! @ ASMovies & offsite time share
2013 Spring Break! @ offsite time share
chipndales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
chipndales
bELIeve GO GIANTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
I am a BIG fan of my Overland Donner! I think it's pretty fashionable for a park bag and it holds everything I need! There are side pockets for carrying water and/or an umbrella. The front flap has a padded pocket for your cell phone or glasses and there is a small mesh pocket that I use to keep my KTTK Card in. The shoulder strap is adjustable so you can sling it across your body, (even someone Pooh sized and tall can sling it!) and it's small enough that you don't have to take it off on every ride. Here are some pictures of mine:

The style has changed a bit since I bought mine, but I think it's still close to the same.
I really like that!

1984 first trip! off site
1988 college trip! off site
2006 MNSSHP @ ASMovies
2007 MNSSHP @ offsite time share
2008 MVMCP @ offsite time share
2009 MNSSHP @ ASMovies (mother/daughter trip! )
2010 TURKEYDAY! @ ASMovies & offsite time share
2013 Spring Break! @ offsite time share
chipndales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
yasuern

DIS Veteran

this is what DD and I will be carrying - we took it for a "test day" to a local park and they worked wonderfully

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...onner-Bag.html

Sue

Sorry to say Susan has passed away 13OCT2010 due to complications during treatment of Leukemia thanks to all for your support, Rick
yasuern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
landshark
Mouseketeer

Last year I tried to carry as little as possible. If it couldn't fit in the pockets of my shorts, it didn't go; ID, park tickets, room card, debit card, lip balm, and my camera went. On days I couldn't fit my camera in my pocket, my boyfriend's cargo pockets worked perfectly instead.
02/10 - Costa Atlantica, Eastern Caribbean
01/11 - RCCL Serenade of the Seas, Southern Caribbean
07/11 - Riviera Maya
09/12 - Norwegian Pearl, Inner Passage AK
11/13 - Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean
landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post

I had one of these that I carried on a Spring Break trip, but for the summer trip, when I had less fabric on my shoulders (wearing tanks/speghetti straps), the strap on this bag bothered me.

I got a new bag for our recent trip and it worked out very well. It had space enough for everything, and would expand as needed to carry camera, autograph books, wet wipes, contact rewetting solution, etc etc. It made by Kipling and called the Eldorado small shoulder bag. The dimensions say it's only 1" deep, but since it is made of nylon, it really expanded.

Whenever we rode a wet ride, I just pulled out a folded up gallon-sized ziploc bag and put my bag in there, just to be sure.

We did get caught in the rain and the bag got very wet. Only the things in the outside zippered pocket got damp. The rain must've made it through the actual zipper. But the zipper pocket close to my body was okay.

I found mine on sale at my local Dillards.
TxRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
DisneyJen0504
Married my Prince Charming. Mommy to Avery

I use a cross the body shoulder bag from Fossil. Everyone laughs b/c it is my official WDW bag..I use it every trip just for my trips to the world. It is like a khaki color so it matches everything and fits my camera, small travel wallet, spf lip balm, hand sanitizer, cell, and sunglasses. Love that bag b/c it also keeps my hands free for shopping, eating, rides, etc.
The Carsons Head to Disney World 2012
Girls Trip: Dancing in Walt Disney World 2009
DisneyJen0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
Tigger_Tina
Disney was sooo funn!!! x]

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidbug1 View Post
I know I have seen a thread on here before about what kind of bags ya'll carry in the park.

Backpacks
Crossbody bags?

Brands?

Pictures?

TIA
What I do whenever I got to ANY theme park is either load up my cargo pants pockets with stuff that I need like a wallet, ticket, cell fone, etc. But if you have a camera I would carry like a small backpack or one of those sport bag things that you can tighten up with the strings...I'm not really sure about what its called at the moment (Lol.) but I would use one of those.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

On our last trip, I carried a Vera Bradley mini-hipster. It held my lip balm, ID, room key, phone, small camera and a little bit of cash. I wear it over one shoulder, across my chest.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: