Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 01:39 AM   #121
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'll be busy,but I'll try to check in and see what ADRs you got...

Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #122
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Hope you have luck with the your ADRs!!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #123
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Good luck with ADRS today!!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #124
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Apparently I was unaware of how to link your ressie with the online booking thing. I am a techie's wife and was almost disowned for this. LOL.

But I gigured it out and in 10 minutes had my 2 ADRs for the first half of the trip. The 2nd half's 90 day mark is tomorrow so I will be loggin on tomorrow to get the other 2 I want.

Drum Roll Please....

Wed- day of arrival - 4:05pm Dinner @ The Plaza.

Thursday- 12 noon Lunch Sci-Fi

That's it. Anticlimactic , huh? We are trying to keep the ADRs to a minimum so we save a bit of $.

I really wanna try The Plaza but am sort of thinking of switching it to Ohana. I loved Ohana a few years back and since some of the changes we decided not to go back but I am somehow drawn to it. I dunno...any thoughts???

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #126
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Apparently I was unaware of how to link your ressie with the online booking thing. I am a techie's wife and was almost disowned for this. LOL.

Drum Roll Please....

So far, so good!

What's the tip on quickly linking your ressie when making online ADRs?

I'm making mine tomorrow....

Kathy
Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #127
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I agree, try something new! Plaza looks good and if you were planning to be in MK that night it will be all the more convenient to finish eating and literally be right where you want to be.

Allyson
Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #128
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed the Plaza last year. Even the kids really liked it. IT was a very relaxing meal, and wasn't terribly expensive!

Jimmy loves Sci-Fi!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #129
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Plaza was my first ADR, lol! I'm excited. Great PTR.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #130
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hey, two ADRs are more than you had yesterday, right?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #131
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Try something new! It's not like your never going again...
Yea it's true. I can't get over how many places I haven't been yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
So far, so good!

What's the tip on quickly linking your ressie when making online ADRs?

I'm making mine tomorrow....

Kathy
When you go to pick the time it says "retrieve reservation" and all u do is put in the confirm # and your tele # and then any ressies u check out with are linked to it! It was very easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
I agree, try something new! Plaza looks good and if you were planning to be in MK that night it will be all the more convenient to finish eating and literally be right where you want to be.

Allyson
It's appeal was the price and the good reviews I have heard lately. Actually we are planning to end up in Epcot that night, but 4pm is early enough to wing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
We really enjoyed the Plaza last year. Even the kids really liked it. IT was a very relaxing meal, and wasn't terribly expensive!

Jimmy loves Sci-Fi!
I am really excited about SciFi! I missed the ADR last year so I am totally into it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilvdc View Post
Plaza was my first ADR, lol! I'm excited. Great PTR.
Nice! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hey, two ADRs are more than you had yesterday, right?
Yep! And after tomorrow we will ahve 2 more, maybe 3.

Anyone know if you can make gf tea ressies? You can right?

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #132
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
When you go to pick the time it says "retrieve reservation" and all u do is put in the confirm # and your tele # and then any ressies u check out with are linked to it! It was very easy!

Kathy
Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #133
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wednesday October 27th - Friday October 31st at All Star Movies, Preferred room. I'm hoping the Fantasia Building because KC loves that movie.

AND

Friday October 31st to Monday November 2nd at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!
Sounds great Kat!

Quote:
I def think going value and then deluxe is the way to go, because the other way around and it feels too small.
That is what happened to us last year. It wasn't by choice but they bumped us up from the ASsports to the Yacht club for 2 nights. I was psyched to be staying at the YC for free dining for about $100 /room/night. But when we had to move on the 3rd day to the ASSports it was a huge bummer. We begged, pleaded with the YC staff. We said we'd pay any price to stay there the rest of the week but they were all booked up.

I think switching rooms the other way (from value to Delux) would be great though!

Quote:
OK I need some help!

Tomorrow my ADR window opens up, for the first leg of the trip anyway, and I have to make some plans.

Wed- 6:30am flight. arrive hotel by noon at the latest. late afternoon lunch/dinner @ The Plaza. What time should I make it for?? Night EMH Epcot!!! F&W till midnight (or until we drop)

I love eating around the WS

**I am also thinking of going to the cast connection this afternoon for a while, so that may cut into our time. But I wanna CM shop!I also wanna do it when it's just KC, Pants & I so I don't feel bad about leaving anyone else out of it. I don't even know what that is so I can't help you

Thurs
- DHS morning, sci fi lunch Evening: ??

OR MK Morning, Plaza for Lunch
Plaza is great for table service on a budget

Fri-AK most of the day. Will eat Flame Tree for lunch, dinner?? Maybe at the resort or DTD?! Guess it depends on where we end up.
Flame tree

Sat- check into AKL , epcot all day, F&W (friends coming this day)

Sun-Morning-?? , Afternoon tea at GF for ladies only first available seating. Boma dinner, late evening. Night vision goggles. Personally I would rather do Boma

Mon- 1900 park fare breakfast, MK, flight home
A nice character breakfast before leaving sounds awesome!

PS- no November hours yet so I am winging it with those. I can only make the few ressies tomorrow so it's not too stressful but I need to pin down the days and the times. HELP!!!
Quote:
OMG

But I gigured it out and in 10 minutes had my 2 ADRs for the first half of the trip. The 2nd half's 90 day mark is tomorrow so I will be loggin on tomorrow to get the other 2 I want.

Drum Roll Please....

That's it. Anticlimactic , huh? We are trying to keep the ADRs to a minimum so we save a bit of $.

I really wanna try The Plaza but am sort of thinking of switching it to Ohana. I loved Ohana a few years back and since some of the changes we decided not to go back but I am somehow drawn to it. I dunno...any thoughts???
I think both of those sounds great !
Old 08-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #134
jojo05
Boy, why are you crying? <3

sounds exciting
Never- Never Land

Offsite- 1992, All Star Movies-2006, Port Orleans-2007, All star Music-2008,All Star Movies-2011
Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #135
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

I really like the Plaza! I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a great little place! You'll have to let us know how you like SciFi. I've never eaten there.
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: