Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #61
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking

Ooooh! his TR is such a roller coaster ride. And since it is the only roller coaster ride, I can stomach, I'll take it!

In the days when I thought I would be staying on-site, I wanted CSR. But then found out Pop Warner was stayingt here, and that put the kabosh on that!

I'm sure it'll be great!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #62
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Okay I'm in...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #64
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So I submitted my dates for the vacation today. I find out as soon as someone approves it. it's my first time doing this so I have no idea how long it takes. Hopefully soon.

BUT my ADR window is coming up ....and fast. So why not figure out my tentative plans.....

We are trying to save $ more than anything, so we are trying to stick to places I get the CM discount at, and do mostly counter services. But a few sit downs are always in order!

F&W will be what we eat for about 2 nights of the 4, that's a given for us.

I HAVE to eat at Boma. So If we do stay at AKL (I'm leaning HEAVILY that way) then a late Boma dinner the night we arrive will probably be what we do. Esp. Since it'll be so convenient.

KC wants to do Brown Derby for lunch but I'm not sure, since I have been there before. I'd like to do Sci-FI.

The only other place I wanna try is The Plaza, maybe.

See why I need help?!

I also need to decide on a morning we leave character meal, which is how we do it every time. I'm thinking Ohana but it all depends on our park days, so it may end up Tusker House.

Can I be any more vague?!

I also need to figure out which nights are MNSSHP (Which we aren't doing) but it'll effect where we end up, ya know.

We plan to share food at most sit downs so we can snack at F&W more.

So anyone have anything to chime in?????
Those plans sound great!!! I always wanted to try the brown derby.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #65
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Have you been reading V's manual about changing resorts

When I saw Roulette I thought you were gonna talk about AC.

Hi PrincessAlways and Tiggerfan4me anybody else coming to AC Can't wait!
LOL AC is becoming some roulette too...we changed hotels there this week. Staying at the Showboat now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
ITA with that!

Not so much that. But I'm glad you like it!

She's doing very well!
I almost don't wanna tell yuo there are more changes in the next update LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
sounds like it is turning into a huge party

CSR sounds like a great place to stay. We've only driven by but the outside looks great! Have you stayed there before?

Glad you got the days worked out I know its been rough
I stayed at CSR with KC a few years ago. We loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Glad KC seems to be back on the same page with you about the trip. I'm sure it helped that so many people want to tag along.
Yep it def kicked him into the disney way again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
I think CSR looks lovely! We were set to stay there last January till Disney had an overbooking glitch and had to move us to the Yacht Club, twisted my arm on that one!

I am glad you got your resort figured out and your cast of characters coming along! Sounds like it is going to be a fun trip!

Allyson
Gee I think that upgrade was worth it! LOL. Who knows what will happen next tho- things are changing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wow! That was a lot of changes in a very short time period! CSR is such a pretty resort -- we loved our stay there in April of 2008.
Oh it never ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kat sounds likeyou have a PLAN!!!! I love PM but on the ddp you can get steak for cs ! and that's a DEAL!!!
Yea that steak dinner for the price is a GREAT deal and Pants is a steak guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
I will follow along too. Not on much anymore but will catch up.

Glad you got CSR and you like it. Not for me. Worst resort experience yet. We stayed in Casitas 3 and it was close to the main building. Could also see Illuminations from the outside hallway.
HI Scott! Thanks for popping in, I know I never make it over by you anymore but I have barely time to keep up here! What ever happened to our NY meet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
I didn't make that connection, but you're right! Lots of changes!

Can't wait!! Hopefully the bus will reach its "capacity" number to make the trip!! We should be arriving around noon.
I hope so too, sems to be turning into a good afternoon with friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Ooooh! his TR is such a roller coaster ride. And since it is the only roller coaster ride, I can stomach, I'll take it!

In the days when I thought I would be staying on-site, I wanted CSR. But then found out Pop Warner was stayingt here, and that put the kabosh on that!

I'm sure it'll be great!
The roller coaster never ends. We saw some conventioners when we were there and never really noticed them much, it wasn't an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Okay I'm in...
YAY! Jordan's here!

Quote:
So Pants is coming along again!
He's the only constant at the moment! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Those plans sound great!!! I always wanted to try the brown derby.
I ahve to make some darn decisions about then ADRs quick.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #66
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I'm thinking of renaming this "The Little Trip That Could".

I swear I can't go a day without something happening to this trip.

Last night we get a call from Rasta. He and the wife are splitting up so they won't be coming with us to WDW. I feel really bad about this, he is good people.

Luckily, in my planner's brain, this is not an issue because they were going to be in their won room anyway.

BUT that leaves me to wonder if KC will still go for the Moderate hotel. We haven't booked anything yet, remember.

The difference in price is $200 total. I am going to leave it as is for now, but I have a feeling we will be visiting ASMovies come October.

I just wanna go. I would love to stay at CSR again, but if ASMo gets me there, esp. as a CM, i'm down for it. Saving the $ will make KC feel better about it, in turn making me feel better about it.

So tomorrow I will find out the rest of the people who are coming. L is speaking to her family and will give me an answer. KC will find out if Rasta would like to come alone. Then we will have some actual numbers of people coming and I can freakin book the resort!!!

Don't these people realize I have to make ADRs next week!!!!

More on our choices next time.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #67
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I had a few changes with my Sept trip !! From AS Sports back to Pop, where I wanted in the first place !! Then from 9 of us to 6 then to 5 then back to 6!! Man I love my Solo trips !!! Of course did have a possble tagalong last time too!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 07-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #68
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Goodness, it really is turning into the little trip that could! How frustrating! You will feel so much better when you have an actual number committed to going and an actual room booked!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #69
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the revolving door that is the Cast Of Characters! It'll all work out in the end!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #70
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Kat-you must be excited but frustrated not knowing how to plan...that's difficult...

I cannot believe that the 5th Ave Disney Store is closing... That is so sad... There was always such cool Disney NY merchandise there...it was some of my favorite stuff...wow-

In fact I've even planned to go there the day before our trip in August because we're going to stay the night before our flight from Newark-we have a really early flight...and I thought it would be fun to have some time in NY, have some "real" pizza before we go to WDW... and go to the World of Dis store...

wow too sad...

But I am looking forward to seeing how your trip plays out...
Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #71
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

OMG....the range of emotions!!! Changes, changes!! Hopefully everything will turn out fine! No matter who goes along, you & KC will have a great time!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #72
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Oh Kat I can only imagine how hard this must be. And not just because of them not going but because of them splitting up

Old 07-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #73
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Never a dull moment....hope you can get your ducks in a row soon and get yourself booked in! Always makes it more real to have that booking!

Allyson
Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #74
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I had a few changes with my Sept trip !! From AS Sports back to Pop, where I wanted in the first place !! Then from 9 of us to 6 then to 5 then back to 6!! Man I love my Solo trips !!! Of course did have a possble tagalong last time too!!
So much for Solo huh?! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Goodness, it really is turning into the little trip that could! How frustrating! You will feel so much better when you have an actual number committed to going and an actual room booked!
Yep I plan to be booked before we go away to Atlantic City this weekend.

Quote:
Good luck with the revolving door that is the Cast Of Characters! It'll all work out in the end!
As long as I'm in WDW I am GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Kat-you must be excited but frustrated not knowing how to plan...that's difficult...

I cannot believe that the 5th Ave Disney Store is closing... That is so sad... There was always such cool Disney NY merchandise there...it was some of my favorite stuff...wow-

In fact I've even planned to go there the day before our trip in August because we're going to stay the night before our flight from Newark-we have a really early flight...and I thought it would be fun to have some time in NY, have some "real" pizza before we go to WDW... and go to the World of Dis store...

wow too sad...

But I am looking forward to seeing how your trip plays out...
Hey you still have until after the holidays to visit the store! I plan to take some pics soon too of all the neat stuff I learned about the store and share with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
OMG....the range of emotions!!! Changes, changes!! Hopefully everything will turn out fine! No matter who goes along, you & KC will have a great time!
Yea it's proving to drive me crazy already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Oh Kat I can only imagine how hard this must be. And not just because of them not going but because of them splitting up

Things are wacky now, but who knows what'll actually happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Never a dull moment....hope you can get your ducks in a row soon and get yourself booked in! Always makes it more real to have that booking!

Allyson
Me too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are off to Atlantic City this weekend and meeting a few DISers! I am very excited!

I do think I figured out where we will stay, provided I clear it with KC. I think my plan has turned out pretty darn good. I also have the ADRs more or less figured out in my head, and 8 days to book!

More when we get back!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #75
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

ave fun in AC this weekend !! I wish I could come but work is crazy this weekend ad I have to be around and available !!

I do have SWA credits to use by April sooooo if I don't go to Disney in Feb I am thinking of a trip to the Big Apple !! But I wont know until December!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: