Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #31
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Wooo hooo!!!

Sorry I'm late. But I'm up-to-date via other networks!

Anything new?

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hey!
Anything arrive, via postal?

Will be in Ole English Town, NJ, this weekend.
"Another moto-cross race.
My sons girlfriend is coming along and I want to drag her over to NYC on Friday, I won't do it myself, I'm to chicken.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I'm in!!! Congrats on your new job! I hope something changes and they stick around longer.
Thanks! It's been a long time coming, they have known for a while we just don't have an exact date as to when we will be closed to the public yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
I want to try - it's a crazy weekend (smack in the middle of my move, and also my birthday!). I would love to go though! PM me details!
I def hope you can make it, its hsaping up to be a decent little meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
You have to try and come. It's gonna be a blast. I'm heading from here and just going for the day!

Not that I enable or anything...do I Kat
Not you Janet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Wooo hooo!!!

Sorry I'm late. But I'm up-to-date via other networks!

Anything new?
Not too much, just waiting out my approval for the dates, then all the stuff in my head can become real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hey!
Anything arrive, via postal?

Will be in Ole English Town, NJ, this weekend.
"Another moto-cross race.
My sons girlfriend is coming along and I want to drag her over to NYC on Friday, I won't do it myself, I'm to chicken.
Why yes it did!!! Thanks!!!!! I'm off Friday.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #34
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

ADRs....2 weeks or so and counting.

So I submitted my dates for the vacation today. I find out as soon as someone approves it. it's my first time doing this so I have no idea how long it takes. Hopefully soon.

BUT my ADR window is coming up ....and fast. So why not figure out my tentative plans.....

We are trying to save $ more than anything, so we are trying to stick to places I get the CM discount at, and do mostly counter services. But a few sit downs are always in order!

F&W will be what we eat for about 2 nights of the 4, that's a given for us.

I HAVE to eat at Boma. So If we do stay at AKL (I'm leaning HEAVILY that way) then a late Boma dinner the night we arrive will probably be what we do. Esp. Since it'll be so convenient.

KC wants to do Brown Derby for lunch but I'm not sure, since I have been there before. I'd like to do Sci-FI.

The only other place I wanna try is The Plaza, maybe.

See why I need help?!

I also need to decide on a morning we leave character meal, which is how we do it every time. I'm thinking Ohana but it all depends on our park days, so it may end up Tusker House.

Can I be any more vague?!

I also need to figure out which nights are MNSSHP (Which we aren't doing) but it'll effect where we end up, ya know.

We plan to share food at most sit downs so we can snack at F&W more.

So anyone have anything to chime in?????

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So I submitted my dates for the vacation today. I find out as soon as someone approves it. it's my first time doing this so I have no idea how long it takes. Hopefully soon.

BUT my ADR window is coming up ....and fast. So why not figure out my tentative plans.....

We are trying to save $ more than anything, so we are trying to stick to places I get the CM discount at, and do mostly counter services. But a few sit downs are always in order!

F&W will be what we eat for about 2 nights of the 4, that's a given for us.

I HAVE to eat at Boma. So If we do stay at AKL (I'm leaning HEAVILY that way) then a late Boma dinner the night we arrive will probably be what we do. Esp. Since it'll be so convenient.

You will love staying at AKL. It's beautiful. I have had Boma breakfast before, and it was really good. I didn't eat any of the weird stuff though, just the plain stuff lol

KC wants to do Brown Derby for lunch but I'm not sure, since I have been there before. I'd like to do Sci-FI.

OOOOH Do Sci Fi for lunch! It is so good. We love it there. Are you on basic dining, or deluxe? If on deluxe I would so dinner at Brown Derby. We have eaten there and it is very good.

The only other place I wanna try is The Plaza, maybe.

See why I need help?!

The Plaza is good too. We ate there a couple years ago for dinner, and I liked it a lot.

I also need to decide on a morning we leave character meal, which is how we do it every time. I'm thinking Ohana but it all depends on our park days, so it may end up Tusker House.

I have not done Ohana for breakfast but I know it is good, have not does Tusker House either. Chef Mickeys is a good breakfast buffet, and so is Crystal Palace.

Can I be any more vague?!

I also need to figure out which nights are MNSSHP (Which we aren't doing) but it'll effect where we end up, ya know.

We plan to share food at most sit downs so we can snack at F&W more.

So anyone have anything to chime in?????
The night before MNSSHP we ate at Kona! It was so good. The Wave is also a good place to try, a really good place. So is Ohana dinner. I would stick to monorail resort dinner before MNSSHP.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #36
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Definitely try The Plaza Kat, it is soooo good! The prices aren't bad either, only a few dollars more than if you were to eat at a counter service.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #37
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yes Kat I agree forr oop The Plaza is reasonable !! The Wave was VERY good too !! The serts weren't to exciting but the Filet was melt in your mouth and the chairs are neat!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #38
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Kat! I am finally over here! What a great experience to work at World of Disney even if it is just for a little bit! I am very sad that it is closing after the holidays . Looking forward to reading all the plans as you get ready to visit Disney as a CM!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #39
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Definitely try The Plaza Kat, it is soooo good! The prices aren't bad either, only a few dollars more than if you were to eat at a counter service.
YES!!! I love the Plaza!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #40
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I HAVE to eat at Boma.
Have you seen the latest price increase? I ask only because I'm a Boma-lover, but I'm also on a budget for future WDW trips and can't stomache the cost anymore. $30?!?!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 07-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #41
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Have you seen the latest price increase? I ask only because I'm a Boma-lover, but I'm also on a budget for future WDW trips and can't stomache the cost anymore. $30?!?!
Really??? We are going for the 1st time this year and on the DDP. I will have to judge to see if it is worth it after that.

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #42
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking

I want you to come in December!

Sadly, I will be off-site but I will be in Disney

Cool on you going though, what a roller coaster ride. i hope you have a fab time!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #43
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
By the way are you still going to AC on the 25th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
You have to try and come. It's gonna be a blast. I'm heading from here and just going for the day!
Hey!!! My friend "tiggerfan4me" & myself will be going to AC too! Can't wait to see you there!!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #44
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I always say have a dinner at Kona. I know you've been there before. It is just so mouthwatering good!

Plaza sounds good too though and it is fun to try something new!

Allyson
Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #45
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

While I love Brown Derby, I would try something new. The menu at The Plaza looks yummy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: