Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #151
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to try Boma - next Tuesday

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 08-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #152
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Picture tour of The WoD NYC.

Since starting work there I have found out a lot of neat things about the store. Even tho the store isn't in an actual theme park, the theming is still all there, even when you don't expect it.

This will change the way you see the store if you have been there before! It certainly changed things fro me.

So what you are walking into is not just the WoD NYC, it's Mickey's NYC Mansion.

As you walk in, you are in the grand room, the main room of the house. To the right hand side is the elevator for the 3 floors.

The sides are Snow White themed.

To the left hand side, about halfway up the wall, is Mickey's fireplace. It used to have a big mantle picture over it, but apparently it fell and was never put back up.

The top of the mantle.

(There was a customer in the way so this was the best i could do fro the pic)

There are several "hidden mickeys" around.

In the center of the room is the cash registers. BUT they are modeled after the pipe organ from Cinderella. I always thought they were a nod to the Wilderness Lodge or something. If you remove all the merchandise from the front of the register counters there is a full keyboard drawn onto it.

When you walk past the organ you enter "The Courtyard". Essentially you are entering the backyard of Mickey's Mansion. The floors even turn from floor to cobble stones (its a rug but you get the drift).

The theming is completely different than the front of the store.

When you turn around and face the front of the store you will see windows and open shutters so it appears that you are outside looking into the mansion.

The 2nd floor is considered like the play room (mostly toys and kids stuff is sold there) and the top floor is considered the gallery (where all the art and collectibles are).

Here are some random pictures of the upstairs.

2nd Floor Elevator.

I have some older pics of some more stuff in the store that I took before I was a CM, if anyone wants to see , let me know!

Hope you enjoyed it!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #153
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

That looks like such a cool store! I've never been, thanks for sharing the pics!

And Boma, yum! We are going there for dinner too. Love the Mulligatawny!

And we did 1900 PF for b'fast before, really good. Loved the character interaction, really loved the Strawberry Soup!

Allyson
Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #154
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Central Park & The Alice In Wonderland Statue!

This past Thursday KC picked me up from work and we went to have a little picnic in Central Park. I have been working for over a month now and passing by one entrance to the park every day and I have been too tired to go in. So today we decided that had to change!

We went in on 59th and 5th ave. This is one of the statues outside.

We walked past the Central Park Zoo, which apparently has gone up $2 since the last time went and is now $10 to get in. it's cool in there tho. I could watch the penguins all day. You can see into the main area through the gates, and a sea lion happened to be longing so I got a pic!

This is the clock that moves around and the animals rotate. I got all excited when i heard it going off but then realized it was half past the hour and they only move on the hour. oh well.

Right past the zoo.

The top of the entrance to the Children's Zoo.

We stopped at a bench a ways past the zoo. KC had gone to subway and got 2 sandwiches and we shared them and people watched. It was a beautiful afternoon.

Hey Jordan-aren't you proud? I didn't even ask him to do it. I swear he can't take a normal picture- EVER!

Then we decided to go on the search for one of the only things I have never seen in Central Park- The Alice in Wonderland Statue. After reading punkin's TR i really knew I had to see it.

So off we went, wandering and taking pics.

I love it when the park and the city mix in the same photo- so weird but so cool. Its one of the things I love about NYC.

Thank you very much foliage setting on my camera for this neat picture...

We found it!

It was really cool. People are ridiculous tho, climbing all over it like its a jungle gym! KC & I sat on a bench and let most of the people clear out so we could take some nice photos of it. It was hard tog et any when kids were playing on it too. But I digress.

I also took a few pics if the quotes from the book that surround the statue. Very neat.

KC and his favorite toy, his phone.

We literally lounged on the bench for about half hour. it was so nice out and we had a great time just being there.

On the walk back out we came across this weird bench, sun dial type thing.

We wandered out of the park around 72nd street and decided to take the bus downtown since it was closer than the subway was. I was tired so I sat on a bench to wait, KC waited at the bus stop.

And thats all she wrote! It was a great day out tho! Thanks for reading!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 08-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #155
jojo05
Boy, why are you crying? <3

Love all the pictures!
Never- Never Land

Offsite- 1992, All Star Movies-2006, Port Orleans-2007, All star Music-2008,All Star Movies-2011
Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #156
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the pictures from the World of Disney! Although it did make me sad to think I won't ever see it in person before it closes.

The Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park is so neat!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #157
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Kat,

Love your photos of Central Park...we're planning to see the zoo and the Alice statue in two weeks from today and the next day we're flying out of Newark...lol......Great Minds...

We're also going to come into your store on 5th Avenue-any cute tee shirts (or other)in right now?-I like to get the NY merchandise 'cause its a little different than what's in the parks...(I love your photos...-will anyone stop me if I come in taking photos like a lunatic...)...can I get them on a Photopass...

We're doing Boma and Sci Fi too-I envy your 1900 Park Fare Ressie-I blanked on character meals when I scheduled my ADRs-I did get Tusker house but I like the 1900's characters...(The Mad Hatter is a scream...)
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #158
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Great ADRs!

The store is so cool. I can't believe they are shutting it down.

Central Park is a beautiful place. I really like all the statues. Alice is wonderful. One day I will get out there to visit.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #159
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
That looks like such a cool store! I've never been, thanks for sharing the pics!

And Boma, yum! We are going there for dinner too. Love the Mulligatawny!

And we did 1900 PF for b'fast before, really good. Loved the character interaction, really loved the Strawberry Soup!

Allyson
I am def looking fwd to the strawberry soup!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo05 View Post
Love all the pictures!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Thanks for all the pictures from the World of Disney! Although it did make me sad to think I won't ever see it in person before it closes.

The Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park is so neat!!!
You are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Kat,

Love your photos of Central Park...we're planning to see the zoo and the Alice statue in two weeks from today and the next day we're flying out of Newark...lol......Great Minds...

We're also going to come into your store on 5th Avenue-any cute tee shirts (or other)in right now?-I like to get the NY merchandise 'cause its a little different than what's in the parks...(I love your photos...-will anyone stop me if I come in taking photos like a lunatic...)...can I get them on a Photopass...

We're doing Boma and Sci Fi too-I envy your 1900 Park Fare Ressie-I blanked on character meals when I scheduled my ADRs-I did get Tusker house but I like the 1900's characters...(The Mad Hatter is a scream...)
There's a lot of the I mickey new york stuff, mickey being a mickey head instead of a heart. We have a lot of the NY stuff, I'd def say get some of that because i have no idea what they will do with it after the store closes. Also theres a clearance stand in the back (in the courtyard) that has various stuff and lately i have seen NY magnets, shot glasses and sweatshirts for real cheap.

I loved the Tusker breakfast too. I asked Pants to pick the characters he wanted to 1900 park fare it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Great ADRs!

The store is so cool. I can't believe they are shutting it down.

Central Park is a beautiful place. I really like all the statues. Alice is wonderful. One day I will get out there to visit.
And you know you have a tour guide available if you do!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #160
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Yes ma'am!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #161
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Trivia Answers

1. What do the Little Einsteins travel in?
Rocket
2. Where can you find the place where "the birds all sing and the flowers bloom"?
In The Enchanted Tiki Room
3.Name three Disney animated movies , not including sequels, with numbers in the title.
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, 101 Dalmatians, The Three Caballeros
4.Name all the WDW resorts the Resorts Monorail makes stops at.
The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary
5.What year did the Mickey Mouse Club debut?
6.In High School Musical, what is the name of the winter musical that the Drama Club is preparing for?
Twinkle Towne
7.What is the fictional town that Handy Manny lives in?
Sheetrock Hills
8.If you were on an attraction at Walt Disney World that takes you on a scenic flight over California, what park would you be in?
Epcot
9.if you pop it...then lock it...then polka dot it...and finally hip-hop it just after you countrify it, what step would you find yourself doing next?
Hip, Hop, Hip. Put your arms in the sky, move side to side.
10. (is was a picture- it's of the birds outside of Nemo) What do the animals in the following pictures say?
Mine!Mine!Mine!
Bonus: What was the name of the 1992 television series which featured Goofy in it?
Goof Troop

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #162
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Whaaaaat? do our trips overlap...please say they do!!!!!!!
either 1/30 - 2/6 or 2/6 - 2/13 trying to figure out which will be less crowded. also hoping and praying for the buy 4 get 3 deal again. some sites are saying it is coming back as a rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I can't wait to try Boma - next Tuesday
bragger.

Kat your adr's look great. Nice pics of the store.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #163
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post

Hey Jordan-aren't you proud? I didn't even ask him to do it. I swear he can't take a normal picture- EVER!

Then we decided to go on the search for one of the only things I have never seen in Central Park- The Alice in Wonderland Statue. After reading punkin's TR i really knew I had to see it.

We found it!

What a lovely afternoon!

Thanks for sharing... its been forever since I've been to Central Park!!
We have such lovely things to see and do right in our own backyards!

Kathy
Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #164
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kat for those pics of the WoD store!!!! They were great!! I love hearing all of the info behind the scenes!! Thanks again!

Loved the Central Park pics too! The Alice statue is interesting. Makes me wish the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland was coming out sooner than it's scheduled!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 08-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #165
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

Hi...don't remember from whose PTR/TR I followed , but I'm in

Thanks for sharing the pics of the WoD store...I remember going there years ago, such a shame it's closing.

on your ADRs!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: