Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #1336
tutter99
DIS Veteran

I'm back

Got home at 8:00 last night. 10 days in FL, 10 days in the parks, my god i'm tired!

I tell you the only thing better then the first time your son says OK when you ask him if he wants to go on the "big guy" coaster is when he gets off and says he wants to go again. There's always that moment before the first drop when you realize this is either going to be a great day, or everyone on this train is going to think you're a jacka$$ for bringing a 4 y/o on it.

The food and wine fest started on the last weekend we were there, quite the learning experience. I will NEVER book a trip during that week again. earlier in the week the longest standby line we had was 35 minutes. On Saturday we couldn't move 5 feet without having to either right or left because some group of wannabe food critics can't walk 10 feet without stopping to admire the oreo sized scallop they just paid $6 for. A 4y/o can't understand why the line for Soarin is 90 minutes and there are no FP's left for the day at 3:00 in the afternoon.

Overall we had a blast! If you happened to be there for the Halloween party last week perhaps you saw me, I was the 6'8" crocodile walking around with Wendy (DW) and a four foot Captain Hook.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 AM   #1337
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you realize this is either going to be a great day, or everyone on this train is going to think you're a jacka$$ for bringing a 4 y/o on it.
Oh man, that's a good one...

However, we have rules on this forum......

Pics and trip reports are mandatory for all returning DISDADs...sorry, I didn't make em up, I just report the violations...

Glad you guys had a good time!!!!!!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #1338
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Got home at 8:00 last night. 10 days in FL, 10 days in the parks, my god i'm tired!

I tell you the only thing better then the first time your son says OK when you ask him if he wants to go on the "big guy" coaster is when he gets off and says he wants to go again. There's always that moment before the first drop when you realize this is either going to be a great day, or everyone on this train is going to think you're a jacka$$ for bringing a 4 y/o on it.

The food and wine fest started on the last weekend we were there, quite the learning experience. I will NEVER book a trip during that week again. earlier in the week the longest standby line we had was 35 minutes. On Saturday we couldn't move 5 feet without having to either right or left because some group of wannabe food critics can't walk 10 feet without stopping to admire the oreo sized scallop they just paid $6 for. A 4y/o can't understand why the line for Soarin is 90 minutes and there are no FP's left for the day at 3:00 in the afternoon.

Overall we had a blast! If you happened to be there for the Halloween party last week perhaps you saw me, I was the 6'8" crocodile walking around with Wendy (DW) and a four foot Captain Hook.
sounds like you had great time, welcome back tut!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #1339
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Oh man, that's a good one...

However, we have rules on this forum......

Pics and trip reports are mandatory for all returning DISDADs...sorry, I didn't make em up, I just report the violations...

Glad you guys had a good time!!!!!!
come on trooper, i was just following the flow of traffic, no, wait, i realy got to go to the bathroom.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #1340
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

anyone see or hear from nate??????????? i hope he didnt get lost in all that corn?(unless theres a hidden pineapple bar stand in the maze some how?)
Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #1341
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
come on trooper, i was just following the flow of traffic, no, wait, i realy got to go to the bathroom
Oh yeah, I never heard that one when I was in the Patrol

Quote:
anyone see or hear from nate??????????? i hope he didnt get lost in all that corn?(unless theres a hidden pineapple bar stand in the maze some how
BWWAAAAA HA HA...:lm ao:

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 AM   #1342
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Welcome back, Tut! Glad to hear you enjoyed it and your son liked the coaster!

4 day, 13 hours and 30 minutes 'til we land at MCO!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #1343
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:

This year my daughter will meet the height requirements for everything except Rock 'm Roller Coaster. She is beyond excited to do Big Thunder and Splash. And of course, I am to!

Glad you had a great time. You know how to get to the trip report board from here, right?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #1344
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
There's always that moment before the first drop when you realize this is either going to be a great day, or everyone on this train is going to think you're a jacka$$ for bringing a 4 y/o on it.
Welcome back! You have me LOL with that! I'm trying to get DD3 to think about Splash Mountain. We did a flume ride this year at a local amusement park. She seemed to have fun but after the ride, they have your picture from the drop, she looked terrified!!!!!!

Quote:
I hope it was because it was opening weekend. Were you in any other parks during this time? Or just Epcot?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #1345
Poopachino
Is it 0 days yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopachino View Post
My MIL has decided to come visit us this Thursday - for 17 DAYS!

And, we don't have a big home so there is nowhere for me to hide (1000 square feet for me, DW, DS12, DS6 and MIL).

Be afraid, be very afraid...
6 nights down, 11 nights to go.

DIS Dad's Club
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #1346
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
anyone see or hear from nate??????????? i hope he didnt get lost in all that corn?(unless theres a hidden pineapple bar stand in the maze some how?)

I wished I had a Pineapple Bar Stand...or a Dole Whip Machine would be better.

Maze got rained out last weekend...I did help out at our Haunted Barn Friday night.

Monday was a typical everyone needs an answer NOW for "problem X, Y and Z" type of Monday...My Engineer is still out...so I'm answering his questions too.

Tuesday...more of the same.

Did go see Skillet and Decyfer Down in concert last night...ears are still ringing.

I'll try to get back to my report today.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #1347
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_3_Mi_Princesses View Post
Hi fellas! I would be honored if I would be allowed to join this club!

I have read through the qual list and I lost track of how many apply to me!

So is there any secret signals that identify DIS Dad members at the parks????
We're always looking for new members! We're still looking for a new dad that is seriously going to put that DIS Dad's Club Bus together! You are member # 364!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #1348
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Anyone else have plans to watch TS1 & TS2 3D double feature next week? I'm still working out the logistics......
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #1349
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
There's always that moment before the first drop when you realize this is either going to be a great day, or everyone on this train is going to think you're a jacka$$ for bringing a 4 y/o on it.
Welcome back! And thanks for the intel on the Food & Wine crowds...will store that for future use.

When we were there in 2006, my daughter was 4 and said she wanted to try the Tower of Terror.

We made it as far as the pre-show, and then there was a thunderclap and the lights went out. And...she was done. I'd venture to guess that allowing a 4-year-old to enter the Twilight Zone was not my finest moment.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #1350
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:

This we NEED to see, that sounds awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopachino View Post
6 nights down, 11 nights to go.
Good luck, you need to add a ticker to your siggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: