Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #1291
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So, 11 days before we're to leave for vacation, my water heater springs a leak and soaks my basement. A few hundred dollars on a new one, 3 trips to the hardware store to get the right fittings to get it hooked up, and one very heavy, wet and disgusting trip up the stairs with the old one and my water is hot again. How do you get ready for vacation?

look at it this way...at least it did not start to leak while you were gone and not know about it until it had done a lot of damage!! Now that you have it fixed try to put that behind you and focus on the goal at the end of the road!! DISNEY!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #1292
disneynutsx4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki
So, 11 days before we're to leave for vacation, my water heater springs a leak and soaks my basement. A few hundred dollars on a new one, 3 trips to the hardware store to get the right fittings to get it hooked up, and one very heavy, wet and disgusting trip up the stairs with the old one and my water is hot again. How do you get ready for vacation?
Knowing that the water heater prob is DONE...GONE...FINITO. And one less thing to remember as you sip a Dole Pineapple Whip at the MK. Or chug free pop at Ice Station Cool at EPCOT. Or scarf an entire Garbage Pail ice cream bucket at Blizzard Beach. Is there a theme here?...Mmmm...Garbage Pail...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #1293
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know in case you were wondering....only 4 days left!!

We're at 6 days, 13 hours and 22 minutes 'til we land at MCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki;33740736[COLOR="DarkGreen"[B
So, 11 days before we're to leave for vacation, my water heater springs a leak and soaks my basement. A few hundred dollars on a new one, 3 trips to the hardware store to get the right fittings to get it hooked up, and one very heavy, wet and disgusting trip up the stairs with the old one and my water is hot again. How do you get ready for vacation?[/B]
For us, we took our Border Collie to the Vet for a stomach bug: $271, including a service dog discount.
We replaced our water heater several months ago. Fortunately, we caught it when it had just started to leak this time.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.

Last edited by MiJo; 09-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #1294
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Let's all count together....1....2....3....Yes only 3 days left until we leave!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #1295
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:

Prior to our cruise in June:

1. Find out the wife is pregnant 4 days before we leave.
2. Part of the ceiling in my sons room collapsed onto his bed the night before we left. (yes he was in the bed, no he did not get hurt)

All Dads that are getting ready to go.. Have a Great trip and be safe. Have a Dole Whip for me. I tried it for the first time in May and loved it.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #1296
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
All Dads that are getting ready to go.. Have a Great trip and be safe. Have a Dole Whip for me. I tried it for the first time in May and loved it.
Ditto! Wish I was joining you guys, but I've got 39 more days till we make a brief stop at the WL before our first cruise...

Unless, of course, the hot water heater falls through my son's ceiling or something...
Old 09-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #1297
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
We're back and the medical test went fine!! So, it looks like we'll be heading to WDW in 9 days!!!!!!
THAT'S AWESOME! Even more reason to enjoy the World in a couple of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
Ya'll are beating me up with the trip countdowns. We've got 271 days left. Do you know how hard it is to keep the minivan from pulling towards the south while on the outerbelt?
I feel ya, brattosa! 211 more for me!

Quote:
ok Dads...question here now...We have a 5 year old Sony Handycam that has suddenly stopped being able to upload anything to a computer or TV or anything for viewing. So, I think we might be buying another one this week before we go to Disney...What kind do I get and what is the best one out there> I don't want to spend a fortune. 300 or so is the max I want to put into it with technology like it is anymore...it is outdated when you buy it. Do I need one with a Hard Drive, Disc, Tape (which is what we have now) or what? Advice or suggestions appreciated...I will probably go to Sams or Best buy this week so let me know.

Steve
Here's my input (albeit a little late)... I gave up on the video camera toting. We now have a Sony Cybershot W55 still camera that also does video. It shoots 640x480 video just like the Sony Handycam we have. It just doesn't have stereo sound. Just have to buy more Pro Duo memory cards for storage (which is cheap anymore). I just download them to my computer, edit the videos, then burn to DVD. My current trip report's pictures and videos were done with this camera. The only reason I would go back to a video camera is if I were going to HD. And I'm not paying THOSE prices ... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Sounds hectic, but would you want in any other way (especially since you get a vacation trip in). The birthday parties just seems to get more elaborate each year. My two DDs 7,5 have had birthday party and 20+ friends at a local gymnastic place, pizza party place, and the public swimming pool before it opened to the public. Now, oldest wants a sleepover for birthday this year. 19 days to go !!!!
HAHA! My DD's birthday party last year was a trip to a local hotel in Virginia Beach. They have an INDOOR lazy river! It was cool... about 15 kids running around in the middle of December playing in a lazy river. it was a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
We also have the Everio camera but don't have the direct to DVD burner since I also like to edit before burning. Problem is that I can play the video direct from the camera and it looks good. But when I burn to DVD using the Cyberlink software, the quality just isn't the same. What software are you using to edit and burn?
I use Nero 8 to edit/burn my dvds. There are numerous settings you can change to get the quality better... but I'm putting my bet on this: You may be trying to put too much on the DVD. If the video length is longer that the recording time on the DVD, the software will compress the video even more... causing lower quality.

Quote:

Ouch! That's a bad day! But like other have said... good thing it happened when you were home!

So this weekend I was able to get a little Disney fix by visiting our local Disney store. We were there to pick up a few items for a birthday party on Sunday. I ended up having to be dragged out of the store! Here's a question... does Disney have a certain "perfume" or air freshener that makes their stores smell the same?? Seems every time I enter one it just smells like Disney! Anyway, I managed to leave without buying anything for myself

Also... my parents are visiting the area over in Sandbridge beach this week. And they brought 3 of my siblings and their respective spouses... so we are going to have fun this week!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #1298
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Count Down Ticker

Just a few more minor details and the coutndown ticker is on it's way for March!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #1299
MiJo

Quote:
Let's all count together....1....2....3....Yes only 3 days left until we leave!!!
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #1300
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1 2 3 im at 7days 8hours and 30min.!!! heres three dancers for 3days!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #1301
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

what brand did you put in? i sell bradford white !! i feel your pain, 2 years ago the pump on our washer let loose the day before we left, i got up at 6am the day we were leaving and went to lowes to get another one. come home from vacation with no washer? last year came home and i had 3 roof shingles in my front yard, had to put a new roof on the house!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #1302
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
ha mike, did you read about that nazareth sr that was killed sat. in a car aci?my dd had 2 class's with her and her mom works with my dw. i didnt know her but i know her mom, very nice person, what a shame.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #1303
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
Just a few more minor details and the coutndown ticker is on it's way for March!
it will be here before you know it!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #1304
MiJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ha mike, did you read about that nazareth sr that was killed sat. in a car aci?my dd had 2 class's with her and her mom works with my dw. i didnt know her but i know her mom, very nice person, what a shame.
Dave: Yep, it was on the front page of the Morning Call. I don't know what the driver was thinking. It sounds like he tried to pass someone on a blind spot in the road. It's really sad and it happens around here way too often.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #1305
MiJo

Egads! OUr Travel Advisor at DU emailed me for info so she can complete our itinerary! We're almost there!

6 days and 10 minutes until we land at MCO!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: