Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #1216
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

VACATION TICKER!!! DVC WEB SITE HAS ME AT 12DAY 9HOURS AND 15 MIN. NUT UPDATE, THEY ARE STILL HANGIN ON THE TREE!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #1217
Jellyman
Dis Dad's Club Member #359

Thumbs up

less than 2 months!!!
1972-1983 @ 20 trips stayed at Grandparents;6/2003 Fort Wilderness Campground; 11/2004 Coronado Springs Ranchos; 11/2005 Saratoga Springs & ASMu; 9/2006 Port Orleans Riverside; 4/2007 Port Orleans French Quarter; 11/2007 Caribbean Beach; 11/2008 All-Star Sports; 11/2009 Port Orleans French Quarter;11/2011 Pop Century
Me 45: DW 42: DS 18: DD 17:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #1218
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I know there's a lot of us heading down in the next few weeks. Anyone plan on doing a live trip report? Either on the DIS or via Facebook or twitter? I'll probably be updating Facebook regularly via my Blackberry, including pictures. www.facebook.com/barry.sommer if anyone wants to "friend" me and follow along.

We leave in 15 days!
Freezin: Thanks for the FB friend. I'll be following along on your Trip Report counting the hours until ours comes up. (44 days until departure)

Quote:
To add to the list (if it's still open) you're a DIS Dad when you have the monorail spiels on your iPod and play them over the minivan speakers on trips to the grocery store.

What's worse is the other day, I played the "please stand clear of the doors" spiel as I pressed the auto-close button for the kid's sliding door. The wife just looked at me and shook her head. It made the kid laugh, though.
Brattosa: I gotta get this. That is too funny!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #1219
Agent P
He's a Platypus, they don't do much

Sign me up! Too many items on that list: names, antennas, appliances, golf accessories, knick-knack overload. Going back for the second time this year with toddlers just because I need to go were life makes sense.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #1220
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent P View Post
Sign me up! Too many items on that list: names, antennas, appliances, golf accessories, knick-knack overload. Going back for the second time this year with toddlers just because I need to go were life makes sense.

Better steer clear of the Hall of Presidents then.

Like your sig. and your Avitar

Have you seen Perry?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #1221
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMedix View Post
Oh lord....a ton of things on that list apply...I can just hear my wife saying (uh-huh, that's you). Of course, she won't be as quick to admit that she's the same way. But oh well....(sigh) denial, ya know.

Anyways, I really ought to put links to my last LIVE trip report on my sig (I'll do that when I'm finished here). As a father to two Disney fanatics such as myself (who are now 9 and 6), I'm glad they share my enthusiasm for all things about the Mouse.
Welcome to the club! You are member # 362!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
Too funny... I went through the list last night and the wife kept laughing and saying, "That's so you!" The best one was when you don't kick the tires of the new minivan, but check out the amount of stow-n-go storage for your WDW luggage. We totally did this when we bought our minivan last winter. The poor sales rep just didn't understand.

To add to the list (if it's still open) you're a DIS Dad when you have the monorail spiels on your iPod and play them over the minivan speakers on trips to the grocery store.

What's worse is the other day, I played the "please stand clear of the doors" spiel as I pressed the auto-close button for the kid's sliding door. The wife just looked at me and shook her head. It made the kid laugh, though.

I'm just not right....
The guys here at work are wondering why I'm splitting my side laughing this morning! This almost makes me want to get a minivan just to have a sliding door and try this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorshGoofy View Post
Here's a possible addition to the DIS Dad's list of criteria/symptoms ... you print off the full list (5 pages, 12 point, Times New Roman) of criteria/symptoms because there are some great ideas you haven't thought of and want to implement.

Countdown: 128 days!!!
How did you know I did that?!? HAHA!

Quote:
It's no secret. Everyone knows it. The last step is "hand it to your wife."
You guys are really cracking me up this morning! Seriously, I have tears in my eyes...

Quote:
I know there's a lot of us heading down in the next few weeks. Anyone plan on doing a live trip report? Either on the DIS or via Facebook or twitter? I'll probably be updating Facebook regularly via my Blackberry, including pictures. www.facebook.com/barry.sommer if anyone wants to "friend" me and follow along.

We leave in 15 days!
I'll definitely friend you when I get home... for some reason they block FB at work... HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i stopped carring money a few years ago, if i got $50, they spend $60. if i got $100, they will spend $150.00, so, i just carry $5 and say "dont ask me, im broke"!
I'd like to know where you kept those extra bucks hidden in your wallet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent P View Post
You are signed up, my friend! Welcome to the club! You are member # 363!

To DanMedix & Agent P:

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #1222
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

This one is for Trennr, since he is the corn maze man on these boards. Check out this link, this is how Canadians do corn mazes.

Only issue I have is that it is not of the Leafs!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 09-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #1223
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
This one is for Trennr, since he is the corn maze man on these boards. Check out this link, this is how Canadians do corn mazes.

That is a cool corn maze.

Here is the one that is close to us CORN MAZE, 2009 presidents style!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #1224
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post

So how do you convert Meters to Acres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That is a cool corn maze.
Here is the one that is close to us 2009 presidents style!

-----------------
Here's the Scouting News Article for Fender's Farm Boy Scout Maze.
LINK

Here's a Black & White Design of it...

It's actually a pretty easy Maze...I learned it in one Night.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #1225
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
I love it! I'm gonna start doing that!

Hey guys, by the way, we leave on Saturday for our Disney Cruise. I'm just slightly excited!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #1226
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

More Maze

Here's a Better Picture of it Fender's Maze...

The House with the Pool is the owners...you can also see Our Minivan in his driveway.

the WQUT Maze is for our Haunted Maze...which starts this weekend...thru Halloween.

(Photo by Phil Gentry...Greenville Sun)

Last edited by trennr; 09-24-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Giving credit for Photo...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #1227
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Man those mazes look sweet!!

By the way trennr....we need you to report to a maze in Greenville, SC.

My buddy up there says there's been some vandalism, and some unruly youths have been throwing ears of corn at people....

I know it will pull you away from your family for a while, but that's just part of the deal when add "fuzz" to your name....

Oh and by the way, my departure has been changed again...all signs point to me leaving on 17NOV.....home on 22 NOV....

Keeps getting better and better!!!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #1228
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

My buddy up there says there's been some vandalism, and some unruly youths have been throwing ears of corn at people....

I know it will pull you away from your family for a while, but that's just part of the deal when add "fuzz" to your name....

Oh and by the way, my departure has been changed again...all signs point to me leaving on 17NOV.....home on 22 NOV....

Great news on your early departure.

You kinda expect that type of behavior from teens...but I have real issue when it's the adults that do it.

The season really starts for me this weekend as our Haunted Maze Starts up tomorrow night at Dark...always brings in a rowdier crowd at night.

My DS14 is a Corn Cop too...along with another Boy who is about 17-18. The rest of the Adults will be Haunting.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #1229
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

wow!!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #1230
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Welcome to the club! You are member # 362!

The guys here at work are wondering why I'm splitting my side laughing this morning! This almost makes me want to get a minivan just to have a sliding door and try this out!

How did you know I did that?!? HAHA!

You guys are really cracking me up this morning! Seriously, I have tears in my eyes...

I'll definitely friend you when I get home... for some reason they block FB at work... HAHA!

I'd like to know where you kept those extra bucks hidden in your wallet!

You are signed up, my friend! Welcome to the club! You are member # 363!

To DanMedix & Agent P:

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
i stopped carrying a wallet!! i drive about 50k for work a year and i would keep my wallet in my back pocket. when i turned 40, i couldnt fiqure why my back was allways killing me. one of our truck drivers said take the wallet out of your back pocket. so i tried it. it worked. never had a problem since!! keep $5 in my left pocket, keys in the right my wallet is in the mini van w/ my lic. in it. cash is in the &^%^^&*&&^%%&&*,sorry,just in case dw would ever read this.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: