Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #1141
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Well I'm not a Cowboy fan...and I was about as sick of hearing about the new stadium as I was of Brett Farve not deciding if he wanted to stay retired or not.

BUT...you gotta love a stadium with Dancing Cage Girls.

I'm certain there were some guys that probably never notice there was a game or that their team lost.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #1142
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I guess a 7-story tall TV can't win football games!
GO GIANTS!
If the Giants can get a run game established, they could be very tough.

I'm still hopeful our trip will take place but we're not sure yet.
i didnt watch the game but im sure sheli threw a few hail marys that went his way. on the other note, were pullin for ya mike!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #1143
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
I have a HUGE GIANTS FAN....and a HUGE COWBOYS fan who work for me out here---it's been a little cold in here this morning...

I had to put the Pittsburgh and Green Bay fans on restricted watch
glad to hear from you!! i just caught on the news that a helli went down at balad air base in iraq on sunday. i wasnt sure wich one you were at. than i noticed you are at al asad!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #1144
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopachino View Post
My MIL has decided to come visit us this Thursday - for 17 DAYS!

And, we don't have a big home so there is nowhere for me to hide (1000 square feet for me, DW, DS12, DS6 and MIL).

Be afraid, be very afraid...
Old 09-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #1145
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Boy, our defense looked so good last week. Amazing what happens when you face a real QB...that was just embarrassing.

Well, at least I had Green Bay over the Bungles in my suicide league. How did they do?

At least the Cowboys lost. Did anyone think the comparison of Dallas' new stadium to the Parthenon, Coliseum, and Taj Mahal was slightly over the top? I mean, $1 billion and they still couldn't finish the roof?
they had the new stad. on the history chanel, they took you around the thing, that roof slides closed! they said there were over 100,000 people in the stad. x$100 per seat maybe at the lowest. im no cpa but like the cowboys or not, jerry jones knows how to make money.i wonder were he stays when he goes to wdw?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #1146
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Well I'm not a Cowboy fan...and I was about as sick of hearing about the new stadium as I was of Brett Farve not deciding if he wanted to stay retired or not.

BUT...you gotta love a stadium with Dancing Cage Girls.

I'm certain there were some guys that probably never notice there was a game or that their team lost.
dancing cage girls???????????? i missed it!!!!!!!!! i had to get up at 3:30 this morning to go to work, i went to bed at 8 last night. nobody said anything about dancing cage girls, i would of called in sick this morning!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #1147
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

VACATION TICKER UPDATE! DVC WEB SITE HAS ME AT 14DAYS 11HOURS AND 59MIN.!!!! ALSO IT WAS DECIDED SAT., THERES A NEW TICKER!!! 421DAYS 11HOURS AND 59MIN.!!!! WE ARE GOING NOV.30TH TO DECEMBER 12 2010!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #1148
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
glad to hear from you!! i just caught on the news that a helli went down at balad air base in iraq on sunday. i wasnt sure wich one you were at. than i noticed you are at al asad!
I can't believe they were flying that night...the weather was HORRIBLE...we had SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS, hail, 70 mph winds...lightening took out most of our communication service (internet, email, AFN--Armed Forces Network TV/Radio)...I managed to get a call in to the wife to let her know I was Ok...

Helos might seem like fun---but they're not!!! My brother always wants to do the helo tour around Orlando---Nope, not Mikey, no way no how.

They're a necessary evil for me, but if I don't have to get on one, I don't!!!

By the way, the Eagles fan just decided not to come into today

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #1149
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Questions for DisDads...

Hi, Guys!

Ok...this may be a little long, but bear with me, please.

My husband will turn 40 in 2014. A long way away, but if you want to plan something spectacular....

He is from Ireland, we live in Texas. I want to surprise him for his 40th birthday by having all of his friends "show up" at the world. The guys would then get to have the Petty Driving experience together.

The problem? DH is TOTALLY ambivilant about Disney....and he hasn't even been!

Am I crazy to try to make this his first trip? Or should we do a "weekend tester" to see if I should come up with other plans?

Thanks!

Mrs. Spratt

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #1150
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking Epcot.....Drinking Around the World???

That's what I would do

And the Richard Petty Driving Experience is WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY COOL

Get the package with the most laps.....if he likes that kind of stuff, he'll love it (just make sure it's not the day after around the world)

I'd say go for it......:3dgla sses

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #1151
MrsSpratt

And all of his friends have kids that will be the "perfect" Disney ages....

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #1152
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
dancing cage girls???????????? i missed it!!!!!!!!! i had to get up at 3:30 this morning to go to work, i went to bed at 8 last night. nobody said anything about dancing cage girls, i would of called in sick this morning!!!
Some how I think Jerry Jones and Hugh Heffner are the same person???

Here's the best info I can find on the Dancers...

LINK
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1153
MrsSpratt

Next Question:

People would be paying to come from Europe. Can I ask for them to pay their own way at the Petty Driving Experience?

Thanks!

jfa

Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1154
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
Hi, Guys!

Ok...this may be a little long, but bear with me, please.

My husband will turn 40 in 2014. A long way away, but if you want to plan something spectacular....

He is from Ireland, we live in Texas. I want to surprise him for his 40th birthday by having all of his friends "show up" at the world. The guys would then get to have the Petty Driving experience together.

The problem? DH is TOTALLY ambivilant about Disney....and he hasn't even been!

Am I crazy to try to make this his first trip? Or should we do a "weekend tester" to see if I should come up with other plans?

Thanks!

Mrs. Spratt
Take him. Do it. Even if the rest of the vacation is "so-so" for him, he'll forever remember the Petty experience.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #1155
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
Next Question:

People would be paying to come from Europe. Can I ask for them to pay their own way at the Petty Driving Experience?

Thanks!

jfa
Hmmmmmm....THAT is a good question....I know I would pay my way if it were me How well do you know them?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: