Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #91
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ok, how did you find this?
Some post on Facebook...

I love Weird Al! Catchy tune too!

Last edited by trennr; 07-14-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #92
Walt1967
Earning My Ears

Been a while since I have visited the thread. Glad to see so many "Disney Dads" on here ! Quick question....Anyone have any experience in having to coordinate a trip for 21 family members to WDW ? We are going the week before Christmas with a free dining pin. What are my chances with getting everyone in the same restaurants TOGETHER ???
We are doing one Grand Gathering breakfast so that should be no problem. I'm just wondering about the regular ADR's.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #93
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Yeah, I was checking the other tread myself, wondering why no one was posting. Thanks for setting up "the deuce!"

We leave in October, and my 90 day window for ADRs opens on Thursday. Unfortunately, we're staying with my in-laws for the first week that we are there, so I have to call every day to set up new ADRs - no 90+10 for me.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #94
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

thanks for the #2

hey anyone have any info on CBR , and the best building in the complex? we where doing a dcl cruise in march 2010, but after working the numbers we can do almost 10 days at a moderate for less....what is march like in dis, crowd , weather?? any info would help!!!

thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #95
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
hey anyone have any info on CBR , and the best building in the complex? we where doing a dcl cruise in march 2010, but after working the numbers we can do almost 10 days at a moderate for less....what is march like in dis, crowd , weather?? any info would help!!!

thanks
march is good as far as weather. the only thing is spring break. it can get a little crowded. in the 80s we would go every year in march and stay at crb. i love it but the crowd level was high. now maybe it changed in 20 years, i havent been back in march in a long time. old port royal is the main "hub". the food court etc... alot of people like staying as close to that as they can.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #96
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt1967 View Post
Been a while since I have visited the thread. Glad to see so many "Disney Dads" on here ! Quick question....Anyone have any experience in having to coordinate a trip for 21 family members to WDW ? We are going the week before Christmas with a free dining pin. What are my chances with getting everyone in the same restaurants TOGETHER ???
We are doing one Grand Gathering breakfast so that should be no problem. I'm just wondering about the regular ADR's.
i know when i called for my adrs last week the phone system ask if you have a party larger than8 or 10 to push a certain number. maybe try that
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #97
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

I now know why my thread subscription was not getting updated.

Welcome to all the new members.

Also, sorry to hear about Kevin's father.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #98
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Thanks to Emma's Dad for letting me know aobut this new thread! I wondered why I had not gotten any e-mail notices lately for the Dads Club.

Has anyone started a Dads club on Facebook yet? I think that might be cool too.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #99
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Hehe, thanks on the age thing....married VERY young.

We actually haven't told our daughter about the trip yet. We came back in June, and told her we would probably not be going again until her little brother turned 4.

SO, her birthday is July 30th. My wife wrapped a pair of mouse ears, a luggage tag, and a picture I made of her at Disney with a custom message saying we were going back again, put it in a box and wrapped it. I can't WAIT to see her face when she opens it!
thats cool!! how olds your dd? and i just noticed your from the l.v area! im in nazareth. i see your leaving in a few short weeks, take me with you. my dw and i were down in may for our 25th aniv. and in oct we are going again with dd and friends.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #100
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Hey, I never knew this thread existed! Our kids are all adults but I'm still a DIS Dad! In fact, our 28 yo Navy son will be heading down to WDW with us in October. We'll be taking advantage of his Military Salute at POFQ.

dvczerfs: Where are you located? We're in Williams Township, just south of Easton.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #101
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
thats cool!! how olds your dd? and i just noticed your from the l.v area! im in nazareth. i see your leaving in a few short weeks, take me with you. my dw and i were down in may for our 25th aniv. and in oct we are going again with dd and friends.
Oh, cool, hey there neighbor! (We live in Whitehall)

Our daughter turns 7 on the 30th of July. This is our second trip this year, and I'm hoping that visiting twice in one year doesn't become an addiction, LOL. With my love for Disney, I could see that happening very easily!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #102
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Quick question....Anyone have any experience in having to coordinate a trip for 21 family members to WDW ? We are going the week before Christmas with a free dining pin. What are my chances with getting everyone in the same restaurants TOGETHER ???
Just printing out some dining reservation info. For my Trip in 3 days.

anyway I noticed this in all the "Guest Polices"

"Party of 8 to 26: Please call Group Dining at (407) 939-7707."

Hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #103
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Hehe, thanks on the age thing....married VERY young.

We actually haven't told our daughter about the trip yet. We came back in June, and told her we would probably not be going again until her little brother turned 4.

SO, her birthday is July 30th. My wife wrapped a pair of mouse ears, a luggage tag, and a picture I made of her at Disney with a custom message saying we were going back again, put it in a box and wrapped it. I can't WAIT to see her face when she opens it!
That sounds like an awesome surprise! Make sure you have the camera ready to capture the moment!

Quote:
WOW! I can't even think of 21 family members I'd like to have at WDW! Sorry... don't have any suggestions, but I do wish you good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Yeah, I was checking the other tread myself, wondering why no one was posting. Thanks for setting up "the deuce!"

We leave in October, and my 90 day window for ADRs opens on Thursday. Unfortunately, we're staying with my in-laws for the first week that we are there, so I have to call every day to set up new ADRs - no 90+10 for me.
Woohoo! Another trip coming up! I hope you get the ADR's you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post

thanks
I thought about a cruise, too. But I'd rather spend more days at the world than out on the water. Maybe one day I'll try another cruise. Haven't been to the World in March... but I hear it's BUSY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
I now know why my thread subscription was not getting updated.

Welcome to all the new members.

Also, sorry to hear about Kevin's father.
Welcome to the new thread! Yeah... I can't believe what happened to Kevin's dad. You hear about these things happening every once in a while, but it's crazy when it happens to someone you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Thanks to Emma's Dad for letting me know aobut this new thread! I wondered why I had not gotten any e-mail notices lately for the Dads Club.

Has anyone started a Dads club on Facebook yet? I think that might be cool too.
No problem! It was a confusing couple of days for the DIS Dad's Club.

I don't have the info with me (and I can't get to FB at work), but I started a DIS Dad's Club on FB a little while ago. Haven't done much with it yet, but it's there

Quote:
Oh, cool, hey there neighbor! (We live in Whitehall)

Our daughter turns 7 on the 30th of July. This is our second trip this year, and I'm hoping that visiting twice in one year doesn't become an addiction, LOL. With my love for Disney, I could see that happening very easily!
HAHA! You said "addiction". We don't use them type of words here, Mr.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #104
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Hey, I never knew this thread existed! Our kids are all adults but I'm still a DIS Dad! In fact, our 28 yo Navy son will be heading down to WDW with us in October. We'll be taking advantage of his Military Salute at POFQ.

dvczerfs: Where are you located? We're in Williams Township, just south of Easton.
We are certainly glad you found it! How long has DS been in the Navy? Where's he stationed?

You are member # 335!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #105
Ghostman
DVC Owner SSR & AKV

Member #313 here.

I'm sure that you guys will be pleased to hear that I added on to my upcoming AKL stay with 2 more nights at the POFQ. Somehow in the process I also got an ADR (online) at Le Celier for that Monday.

Fired up!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: