Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #931
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Maybe a fellow Leafs fan? We can wallow in sorrow together
Sorry, the wife was a card carrying leafer but even she is slowly turning to a Canes fan down here. It's really not to hard to switch when:

-You can buy half decent seats day of the game (at face value)
-They tailgate before games.
-The owners actually care about putting a competitive team on the ice.
-Loudest damn arena i've ever been in!
-My company has a box I get access to about 3 times a year. I was in the box for game 1 of the finals the year they won the cup.
-It's still a small enough city that you run into players now and then. I ran into Ron Francis twice in Target
-Plus since the majority of the players are Canadian anyways I feel like I'm at home.

It was kind of funny that the first year I was here they actually had guys in ref uniforms between periods that you could go up to and they would explain the various penalties and things that happened in the game.

6 Days until the SSR!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #932
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Sorry, the wife was a card carrying leafer but even she is slowly turning to a Canes fan down here. It's really not to hard to switch when:

-My company has a box I get access to about 3 times a year. I was in the box for game 1 of the finals the year they won the cup.
-It's still a small enough city that you run into players now and then. I ran into Ron Francis twice in Target
-Plus since the majority of the players are Canadian anyways I feel like I'm at home.

It was kind of funny that the first year I was here they actually had guys in ref uniforms between periods that you could go up to and they would explain the various penalties and things that happened in the game.

6 Days until the SSR!
i remember taking dw to her first flyers game. i grew up watching bobby clarke, bill barber and bernie. she didnt want to go. i tried my best to explain off sides,icing,the basic calls that stop play. we get into the spectrum,we sit down, i explain the lines, etc. she could care less.she watched warm ups, she almost got hit by a puck,she never saw it coming. the game starts, by the end of the 1st period,the guys behind us were telling her to sit down lady!!! oh,she was hooked. yelling,screaming at the refs!!! she said this is great,its nothing like tv.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #933
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
someone needs to figure out who all is going to be there and whose trips overlap and maybe they can meet face to face for a second in the parks for a picture.
i nominate steve!!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #934
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Air Force - "0"??

Just take a look at my avatar...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #935
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i remember taking dw to her first flyers game. i grew up watching bobby clarke, bill barber and bernie. she didnt want to go. i tried my best to explain off sides,icing,the basic calls that stop play. we get into the spectrum,we sit down, i explain the lines, etc. she could care less.she watched warm ups, she almost got hit by a puck,she never saw it coming. the game starts, by the end of the 1st period,the guys behind us were telling her to sit down lady!!! oh,she was hooked. yelling,screaming at the refs!!! she said this is great,its nothing like tv.
Changing sports here...but last night I was watching the Titans @ Steelers.

Only comment my wife had was about Troy Polamalu...said he had pretty hair.

Shortly after that they played Troy's Head & Shoulders commercial.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #936
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post

6 Days until the SSR!
I don't really blame you much, it has been really hard to stay true to this team, hopefully we will actually put a competitive team on the ice this year. My wife loves to go to games but does not watch too many on tv. My boys have begun watching but its hard to get them to really take this team in there heart when they never win. They did mention Crosby a couple of times and I had to put an end to that real quick.
Being able to go more games and having the fun before would make it a lot more fun for sure. The crowd at the ACC is pretty stuffy unless you are in the nose bleed section with all the drinkers. (not that is a bad thing)

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #937
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
It reminds me of when a friend sets you up on a blind date and you ask..what does she look like and they say...she is really nice!
Or she has a great personality......we all know what that means

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #938
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Just a few quick things.

1] I walked the Corn Field last night to familiarize myself with it...took about 30 minutes.

2] I Hope to Start Day 6 on my trip report this afternoon.

3] I think Don is still on Day 4...and he had a head start.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #939
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Just a few quick things.

1] I walked the Corn Field last night to familiarize myself with it...took about 30 minutes.

I'm looking forward to reading about Day 6, I think that other thread you are talking about was shut down, something about an infestation of crickets.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #940
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
That's great! I had a similar experience when I took my wife (girlfriend at the time) to her first Flyers game. At one point in the third period, she announced, "I want to see a fight." I turned and said, "I love you."

Well, wouldn't you know it...I walked out the door this morning and found a flat tire on my minivan! But hey...it's still a nice ride.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #941
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That's great! I had a similar experience when I took my wife (girlfriend at the time) to her first Flyers game. At one point in the third period, she announced, "I want to see a fight." I turned and said, "I love you."

Well, wouldn't you know it...I walked out the door this morning and found a flat tire on my minivan! But hey...it's still a nice ride.
Probably from all the negative minivan energy on this thread.

All this Flyers talk is starting to make me a little uncomfortable, but being a Leafs fan, I can't say too much right now!

There was a time when the Leafs and the Flyers had some pretty fun playoff series.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #942
DaddyDakine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Yeah, you guys are much appreciated....don't EVER want to see a grunt with a scapel...

And thanks for always providing a ride to the fight fellas...
LOL... Hey if it wasn't for the Navy giving the Marines a lift, you guys might have been late and then what would the Army do... I mean you know they don't hit the beach until the Marines have secured it

~DD
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #943
mitadoh
Disney World Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDakine View Post
LOL... Hey if it wasn't for the Navy giving the Marines a lift, you guys might have been late and then what would the Army do... I mean you know they don't hit the beach until the Marines have secured it

~DD
Not quite true, we usually get dropped in behind the lines to make it easier for the Marines to secure the beach for the heavy stuff to be brought in by the Navy boys.

Mickey used to be her favorite person in the whole world.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #944
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Just a few quick things.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to reading about Day 6, I think that other thread you are talking about was shut down, something about an infestation of crickets.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #945
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
There was a time when the Leafs and the Flyers had some pretty fun playoff series.
I always hated it when the Flyers had to play the Leafs in the playoffs, because no matter who won the series, you knew they were coming out battered and bruised and in no shape for the next one.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: