Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #61
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFIREMAN View Post
I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.
Congrats!

I'll have a Dole Whip in celebration for you!!!

5 DAYS!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #62
BalloonGuy
I have this condition

Sign me up!

Ok, I figure this is the perfect spot for my first post. My wife and 2 kids are Disney fans as well but I am by far the geek of the family. It appears I am in good company Next trip in 35 days for my birthday, I'll figure out how to get one of those little counters later.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #63
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Anybody like my DIS Dad's Club Logo????

Made it like the old Mickey Mouse Club logo with DIS Board Lime Green!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #64
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonGuy View Post
Ok, I figure this is the perfect spot for my first post. My wife and 2 kids are Disney fans as well but I am by far the geek of the family. It appears I am in good company Next trip in 35 days for my birthday, I'll figure out how to get one of those little counters later.

Thanks!

Click on THIS LINK and it will take you to a site to generate your own countdown ticker.

Copy the resulting "code" and add it to your Signiture!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #65
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.
Congratulations! That's going to be a hard birthday to remember You are member # 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
Better count me in the club too. I'm happy to say that I meet about 92 of the 119 criteria items. My DW, DS11 and DD8 all think I'm crazy, but they enjoy the benefits!! We're at the 90-day mark today until our next treck to 'the world'!
Only 92 of them? Hmmmm... that one for every day you have left until you leave You are member # 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy1 View Post
Hello all, please add me to the club if there are any spots left. Great to see this many Dads joining together for the mouse.
We have plenty of spots left! Welcome! You are member # 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonGuy View Post

Thanks!
We are honored that your first post is a request to join our little club. You are member # 334

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #66
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Just found the new thread, I was on vacation last week (at home..sigh) and very busy with the kids and work around the house. Welcome to all the new dad's, I am very jealous of all of you who have a trip coming up soon.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #67
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Congrats!

I'll have a Dole Whip in celebration for you!!!

5 DAYS!!!!!!
only 5 days to go !! hows the sleeping been going? sleeping like a log?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #68
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Just found the new thread, I was on vacation last week (at home..sigh) and very busy with the kids and work around the house. Welcome to all the new dad's, I am very jealous of all of you who have a trip coming up soon.

welcome back daddy-o! they lossed us a curve ball.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #69
KTME
DIS Dad

Hey Dads,
I finally found the new thread. I have not been around for awhile but for good reasons. This has been a REALLY busy three months. Started out at the end of April with a trip to Disney for my 39th Birthday. What a great trip. I had planned on doing a full trip report and just did not have the time. I did get to meet a fellow Dis Dad (Emma's Dad) which was really cool. After Disney, I spent the next month getting caught up with work since I was off for a week to go to Disney. Baseball games and flag football games for the 9 year old have been have been keeping me busy as well.

Last year my MIL decided to organize a family reunion trip in June to Bermuda. We had already had our trip to Disney planned and half the trip payed for when we found out. Thankfully, she paid for the trip.

That was quite the experience. It statred out with the day before the trip. I spent all day Saturday June 20th either packing or helping set ujp and tear down our community art festival. I finally got home saturday night around 8 and began the final packing. My wife ran out to pick up some more stuff. The kids were asleep and all of a sudden CRASH from upstairs. I ran up to find my oldest son screaming. Here the ceiling in his room collapsed! Thank God it did not fall on him. What a great start to the trip.

We left out of New York on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Wednesday and left Bermuda on Friday to come back to New York on the following Sunday. We saw the sun for a total of 1.5 days. We had steady rains, 30-40 mph winds and 12-18 foot seas. It started feeling like the Deadliest Catch. We did get to witness a 3 am middle of the ocean rescue of a small sail boat. We were the closest boat (or is it a ship? I was in the Army so I am not sure) in the area and rescued the poor guy. Ended up he lost his engines in 12 foot seas. My oldest son and youngest son were on and off with being sea sick the whole trip. My wife....well she was sick most of the cruise. Not sea sick.....morning sick!

Turns out right before we left for the cruise we found out that she is pregnant. It must have been the Disney Magic. I will be getting a brand new shiney baby for my 40th birthday.

Like I said it has been busy. Welcome to the CLub to all the new Dads out there. All Dads getting ready to go have a great time and have a Dole Whip for me!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #70
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Hey Dads,
I finally found the new thread. I have not been around for awhile but for good reasons. This has been a REALLY busy three months. Started out at the end of April with a trip to Disney for my 39th Birthday. What a great trip. I had planned on doing a full trip report and just did not have the time. I did get to meet a fellow Dis Dad (Emma's Dad) which was really cool. After Disney, I spent the next month getting caught up with work since I was off for a week to go to Disney. Baseball games and flag football games for the 9 year old have been have been keeping me busy as well.

Last year my MIL decided to organize a family reunion trip in June to Bermuda. We had already had our trip to Disney planned and half the trip payed for when we found out. Thankfully, she paid for the trip.

That was quite the experience. It statred out with the day before the trip. I spent all day Saturday June 20th either packing or helping set ujp and tear down our community art festival. I finally got home saturday night around 8 and began the final packing. My wife ran out to pick up some more stuff. The kids were asleep and all of a sudden CRASH from upstairs. I ran up to find my oldest son screaming. Here the ceiling in his room collapsed! Thank God it did not fall on him. What a great start to the trip.

We left out of New York on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Wednesday and left Bermuda on Friday to come back to New York on the following Sunday. We saw the sun for a total of 1.5 days. We had steady rains, 30-40 mph winds and 12-18 foot seas. It started feeling like the Deadliest Catch. We did get to witness a 3 am middle of the ocean rescue of a small sail boat. We were the closest boat (or is it a ship? I was in the Army so I am not sure) in the area and rescued the poor guy. Ended up he lost his engines in 12 foot seas. My oldest son and youngest son were on and off with being sea sick the whole trip. My wife....well she was sick most of the cruise. Not sea sick.....morning sick!

Turns out right before we left for the cruise we found out that she is pregnant. It must have been the Disney Magic. I will be getting a brand new shiney baby for my 40th birthday.

Like I said it has been busy. Welcome to the CLub to all the new Dads out there. All Dads getting ready to go have a great time and have a Dole Whip for me!
WOW!!welcome back kevin and congrats!!! i dont know were to start. hope your sons ok, sorry to hear about the trip. i will show your post to my "you will never know your on the water, the ship is to big" dw who wants me to go on a cruise. so were you cap. sig or capt. phil? i get sea sick watching the show!our dd was disney magic also!

glad to have you back and again congrats!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #71
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
only 5 days to go !! hows the sleeping been going? sleeping like a log?
So far.

Tomorrow I start waking up earlier to prepare for my scheduled 4am departure time on Saturday Morning...I usually do all the driving...I just don't like being a passenger. Roughly 10-12 hours driving depending on traffic and weather.

I packed my bag last night so I can help DW and the Boys pack the rest of the week.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #72
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!! And welcome to the club. I bet you are planning your first trip witht the baby already, aren't you?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #73
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
WOW!!welcome back kevin and congrats!!! i dont know were to start. hope your sons ok, sorry to hear about the trip. i will show your post to my "you will never know your on the water, the ship is to big" dw who wants me to go on a cruise. so were you cap. sig or capt. phil? i get sea sick watching the show!our dd was disney magic also!

glad to have you back and again congrats!!!
Thanks, it is amazing what a little Disney magic will do. I knew we were in trouble when they had sea sick bags located at all the elevators on the ship. That ship was no where near big enough. No matter how much I tried to stay away from my MIL she always seemed to find us.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #74
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Hey Dads,

Holy smokes, Batman! Sounds like it surely has been interesting in your neck of the woods. What caused the ceiling to fall??? It was a Griswald, was it? Crazy!

I gotta say, Kevin, I'm bummed that we did not get any pictures of the 2 of us during that trip! That part of my trip report is coming up and I have no pictures to tell the story

Being ex-Navy, I can envision how that trip went. Been in a few seas like that myself. Hope you had a few good memories out of it despite the weather and sick bodies!

Congratulations! I can't even imagine taking care of a baby at 40! Good thing you have those big boys to help out

Welcome back!
Don

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #75
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
So far.

Tomorrow I start waking up earlier to prepare for my scheduled 4am departure time on Saturday Morning...I usually do all the driving...I just don't like being a passenger. Roughly 10-12 hours driving depending on traffic and weather.

I packed my bag last night so I can help DW and the Boys pack the rest of the week.
WOOHOO! Soooo close! I'm ecited for you, man! Although, I would not be looking forward to the driving. We're spoiled now with a 2 hour non-stop flight on Southwest

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: