Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #46
PADisFam2
DW is PADISFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
SINGLE DIGITS!!!!

8 DAYS!!!

just a little single digit dance for ya....have fun!!

Last edited by PADisFam2; 07-10-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #47
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADisFam2 View Post
I have no such memory of a game taking place on New Years Day 2009 at the Rose Bowl.....I have heard that the brain is capable of forgetting really bad experiences... I know I know that game just plain sucked
Oh well on to bigger and better things like Disney in Aug...no hot choc. on this trip. DW made ADR's at the castle this year...imagine that DW and 4 boys at a princess breakfast...should be interesting
I see your going in Oct. that's one of my favorite times....been there twice in October, FOOD & WINE is my favorite, with MNSSHP a close second.
oh yes, we have a pic of myself,dw and dd was 14 at the time' at the castle for diner! had to take the pic, it comes w/ the meal!! i love oct there, its still warm! i also like may and december. dw has been yippin about going in dec next year. i dont think i can wait 14 months between trips.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #48
SCFIREMAN
Jessica Rabbit fan

Smile I finally got the last thing I needed to qualify

I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.
BWV Oct 9, VWL Oct 10-13, AKV 13-17 2008
AKL Jan 9-16 2010
Disney's Royal Family 5K March 2010
Mom's Birthday 50th B-day bash Dec 4-11 2010
Katies Princess Half Maraton trip AKV Savannah view March 5-9 2011
June 15-19 2011 Solo Trip PCR
Pre Cruise WDW Trip Sept 25-Oct2 BLT/OKW (Split stay)
Cruising on the Dream 30th Birthday trip Oct 2nd 2011
Jan 5-9 2011 Katie's First Full Marathon AKV
Feb 24-29 2012 Katie Princess Half Marathon trip PORS Royal Suite
Old 07-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #49
PADisFam2
DW is PADISFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFIREMAN View Post
I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.
2 days....what took you so long
Congrats and here is a little Disney for mom and your new little princess enjoy!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #50
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Congrats!!!!!

They are so much work..... but so much fun!!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #51
Donald Duck Dad
The Duck Rules

Congats on the new DD, it will not be hard to remember the birthday!!!!!
7 8 9. Hope DW and DD are doing well>

We leave next Saturday AM @ 5. Will drive to Tallahasse to spend
the night, leave early Sunday AM to go to Universal for 2 days.

DS's wanted to go and DW won a free ticket to Universal.

Going to stay @ the Poly for the first time and can't wait to get there.

It will be a long week of Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup 2

Me DW

DS DS : DDDIS DAD's Club Member
Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #52
SuperDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Better count me in the club too. I'm happy to say that I meet about 92 of the 119 criteria items. My DW, DS11 and DD8 all think I'm crazy, but they enjoy the benefits!! We're at the 90-day mark today until our next treck to 'the world'!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #53
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
congrats!!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #54
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck Dad View Post
Congats on the new DD, it will not be hard to remember the birthday!!!!!
7 8 9. Hope DW and DD are doing well>

We leave next Saturday AM @ 5. Will drive to Tallahasse to spend
the night, leave early Sunday AM to go to Universal for 2 days.

DS's wanted to go and DW won a free ticket to Universal.

Going to stay @ the Poly for the first time and can't wait to get there.

It will be a long week of Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup 2
i hate waiting that last week. have a good trip!! how many hour drive is it from texas to orlando?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #55
Poopachino
Is it 0 days yet?

Phew!

Okay, who else besides me went to the original thread for the last few days and wondered where everyone was because you didn't notice that it had closed?

DIS Dad's Club
Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #56
Mrincredible1980
Dis Dad Member #154

I finally had to ask DW what was going on and she told me we had reached our limit. I felt pretty dumb for a few minutes. But I quickly got over it and just kept reminding myself that I'll be watching the Irish play and going back to Disney in a ten day span. Life is awesome!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #57
mossy1
Been there but always willing to learn from others-;)

Talking Please add me if there is still room

Hello all, please add me to the club if there are any spots left. Great to see this many Dads joining together for the mouse.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #58
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Thanks dvczerfs for letting me know the original thread had been closed, and thanks chill for setting up this new one! Been very, very busy the past few weeks guys... but will check in again from time to time. Summer has been full for us this year.

Our nephews flew out from CA to spend a couple of weeks with us (without their parents), and then my older son had Boy Scout camp for a week ( I went too since I'm the Camp Director for the Troop ) and then it was the 4th, and then my younger son had Cub Scout/Webelos Camp (he'll cross over into Boy Scouts in February) last week for 3 nights (I went to that as well, but am not in leadership for the Cub Pack...only spending my energy on the long-term membership...between the 2 boys we'll be involved with the Troop for about a dozen years... vs. what we saw with the Pack). Our Scout Troop had 85 boys and 24 adult leaders go to camp... so getting ready for that was a full-time job in itself for a couple of weeks. But it was an AWESOME time. Can't wait to go back next year with both of my sons.

Our next trip to FL is in 82 days for my birthday. Can't wait for that. It won't be a Disney trip per se, though we will be staying at Saratoga Springs. We'll visit DTD naturally, but not much else...but I WILL go into one of the Disney parks to claim the birthday gift card (I have an AP, so don't need the ticket). Our main reason for the trip down is to visit Sea World and Medieval Times... I won a combo/freebie trip that is birthday related. Didn't want to stay in the tiny room offered in the prize package at the Fairfield Inn, so I told them no thanks to that part and used a few of our DVC points for a stay at Saratoga.

I hope you all are doing well.

Christopher

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #59
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy1 View Post
Hello all, please add me to the club if there are any spots left. Great to see this many Dads joining together for the mouse.
Welcome!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 AM   #60
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Thanks dvczerfs for letting me know the original thread had been closed, and thanks chill for setting up this new one! Been very, very busy the past few weeks guys... but will check in again from time to time. Summer has been full for us this year.

Our nephews flew out from CA to spend a couple of weeks with us (without their parents), and then my older son had Boy Scout camp for a week ( I went too since I'm the Camp Director for the Troop ) and then it was the 4th, and then my younger son had Cub Scout/Webelos Camp (he'll cross over into Boy Scouts in February) last week for 3 nights (I went to that as well, but am not in leadership for the Cub Pack...only spending my energy on the long-term membership...between the 2 boys we'll be involved with the Troop for about a dozen years... vs. what we saw with the Pack). Our Scout Troop had 85 boys and 24 adult leaders go to camp... so getting ready for that was a full-time job in itself for a couple of weeks. But it was an AWESOME time. Can't wait to go back next year with both of my sons.

Our next trip to FL is in 82 days for my birthday. Can't wait for that. It won't be a Disney trip per se, though we will be staying at Saratoga Springs. We'll visit DTD naturally, but not much else...but I WILL go into one of the Disney parks to claim the birthday gift card (I have an AP, so don't need the ticket). Our main reason for the trip down is to visit Sea World and Medieval Times... I won a combo/freebie trip that is birthday related. Didn't want to stay in the tiny room offered in the prize package at the Fairfield Inn, so I told them no thanks to that part and used a few of our DVC points for a stay at Saratoga.

I hope you all are doing well.

Christopher
good to hear from you again. now that dd16 is driving and we only have a few hours to go and thats highway driving time,our summers have slowed. i made our adrs for october and my dd and i are doing the keys to the kingdom tour. dw didnt want to go,says it will spoil the magic. we are looking forward to that. im a past boy scout. we had summer jamboree!!! its funny, 30 years later you still keep in touch w/some of the guys you hung out with from other troops. glad to hear from you again!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: