Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #451
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ok, now i feel old. dd16 just passed her driving test and now has her lic.! we just came from the insurance co. i asked her if she wanted to drive to the dance studio and back just to drive alone. she said no its a waste of gas. ok, well that lasted 5 min. and she now on her first journey. i would pull my hair out but i dont have to speak of so im chewin on the nails!!! help!!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #452
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ok, now i feel old. dd16 just passed her driving test and now has her lic.! we just came from the insurance co. i asked her if she wanted to drive to the dance studio and back just to drive alone. she said no its a waste of gas. ok, well that lasted 5 min. and she now on her first journey. i would pull my hair out but i dont have to speak of so im chewin on the nails!!! help!!
It'll be OK dad...of course, mine's only two, so what do I know

I guess you have to let them go sometimes, but I'm sure not looking forward to it

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #453
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
It'll be OK dad...of course, mine's only two, so what do I know

I guess you have to let them go sometimes, but I'm sure not looking forward to it
im not ready for this!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #454
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
im not ready for this!
If you're like me, you've been saying this since the day your kids were born!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #455
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Ahhhhhh!!!!! OK... I'm pulling my hair out for you. I am not looking forward to those days........
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #456
lessernobleman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
im not ready for this!
I feel your pain, bro. My oldest is 17 & will probably be getting her license soon enough (just a permit for now...) She actually just lost her driving privileges for a while (long story.) I still have four more to go!

On top of all that I just hit 40.

Last edited by lessernobleman; 08-19-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: updated sig
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #457
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessernobleman View Post
Well, I think that based primarily on criteria #4 and #78, I'm in! My entire family thinks I'm completely obsessed, and mostly nuts... Quote from my wife from just last night, "I'm trying to talk to you about school shopping, and all you want to talk about is Disney... Enough already!"

She just doesn't get it.
Yep... you belong here! You are member # 351!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #458
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
im not ready for this!
I know it's coming... If I just don't acknowledge it, maybe it will go away...
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #459
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ha thanks eveyone!!! she had to have her school courses change so she drove to the high school.1.5 miles away. now she drove to her grand parents which is about 3 miles. she calls when she arives and calls when she departs! i remember holding on to the back of the seat of her bike. dw asked me do you want another one? NOOOOOO! im way to old to start all over again!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #460
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
ha thanks eveyone!!! she had to have her school courses change so she drove to the high school.1.5 miles away. now she drove to her grand parents which is about 3 miles. she calls when she arives and calls when she departs! i remember holding on to the back of the seat of her bike. dw asked me do you want another one? NOOOOOO! im way to old to start all over again!
Go ahead and have another one...it will keep you young!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #461
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Go ahead and have another one...it will keep you young!
thanks herd! my best man in my wedding 25 years ago just got mar. 2 years ago and they just had a daughter last year. he was 42 when she was born. he called me up and said, dave, how the heck did you do this? i cant keep up w/her? i told him i was only 27 when my dd was born. i see your sig., god bless you and i admire you! my mom was 35 and my dad was 36 when i was born and im the youngest of 5. i just blended in! they both passed away when i was 16 and than 17. but, in those years we spent alot of time at dw! alot of great mems.!. hopefully one day (a long time from now) dd will look back and think the same thing.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #462
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessernobleman View Post
I feel your pain, bro. My oldest is 17 & will probably be getting her license soon enough (just a permit for now...) She actually just lost her driving privileges for a while (long story.) I still have four more to go!

On top of all that I just hit 40.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:42 AM   #463
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Old guys with young kids RULE

My wife and I blew the curve at our hospital when my son was born....

I was 34 and she was 32---but where we live tends to have a "younger" new parent population...and there was no one over 22 in the Maternity Ward with us (even though it was full--I mean, packed to the gills, no extra room, get out early full)...

They made us stay the full 48 hours, but no one told us why...but I figured it was for several reasons..

Funny thing was, we never called the nurses, they always came to check on us (you keep the little ones with you at our hospital, unless you request for them to be sent t the nursery--we didn't, we kept him with us--I stayed on a pull out chair).....our nurse told us we were the only one's not to call every half our..

We figured that once we left we were on our own, so we may as well figure it out now....

I will say there was a lot of drama going on in that hall...I'm guessing some of those new moms had no idea what they were getting into

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #464
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Old guys with young kids RULE

My wife and I blew the curve at our hospital when my son was born....

I was 34 and she was 32---but where we live tends to have a "younger" new parent population...and there was no one over 22 in the Maternity Ward with us (even though it was full--I mean, packed to the gills, no extra room, get out early full)...

They made us stay the full 48 hours, but no one told us why...but I figured it was for several reasons..

Funny thing was, we never called the nurses, they always came to check on us (you keep the little ones with you at our hospital, unless you request for them to be sent t the nursery--we didn't, we kept him with us--I stayed on a pull out chair).....our nurse told us we were the only one's not to call every half our..

We figured that once we left we were on our own, so we may as well figure it out now....

I will say there was a lot of drama going on in that hall...I'm guessing some of those new moms had no idea what they were getting into

Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #465
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Double tap..sorry...darned "Expeditionary Internet"

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: