Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #2701
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

'real' trees

I have allergies, as did my whole family growing up. So, we never had a 'real' tree, that I can remember. I used to work with a guy who runs a tree farm, who told me about a 'hypo-allergenic' tree. I think it was a Leyland Cypress. We went and got one a couple of years in a row. It was nice to have a 'real' one. There wasn't much of a smell (thus no allergies), but it definitely looked better.

We've went back to the fake tree last year, and this year. It's just easier with no watering, no going to pick it out, no figuring out how to dispose of it, etc. I don't have much of a green thumb, so I was always worried about have a brown tree on Christmas morning.
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Old 11-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #2702
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post
I like this idea. Tshirt or hat. Even if it's not personalized with our #, it would be cool to have one. Just let me know when they go on sale.
I just checked threadsmith.com again and they have a brushed cotton adjustable pre-curved hat in lime green! I worked on a design a little that includes The DIS DADS CLUB and MiJo. Right now, with their 40% off discount, the hat is less than $15, including shipping (through Monday). There's no minimum order so the name can easily be changed to whatever each person would want.
They seem to run this type of discount fairly often so we could give this a thought if anyone else is interested. They also do various types of shirts and stuff. My thinking is a hat can be worn every day in the parks, unlike a shirt. I can post instructions on how to design the hat if anyone is interested.
The colors look better on the site than they do here. I had to print the page and scan it in order to put the image up here. The lime green isn't as "bright" as it looks here.
Note: I am not affiliated with threadsmith in any way! Actually, I was looking to design a Navy hat and found this site.

DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.

Last edited by MiJo; 11-28-2009 at 06:57 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #2703
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Be safe out there, thats scary!

We have a similar day in Canada, we call it Boxing Day. It is the day after Christmas and all the stores have huge sales. I for one, lock my door and stay in the house for the day. The mall or a Big Box store on that day is just not in my vocabulary.
I saw a fender bender (2 women) in the toys r us parking lot yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Make sure you check for squirrels.
SQUIRREL!!!

I have always done live trees until last year when I inherited my MIL's artificial tree. It is not quite as exciting as a live tree but it is much easier and less messy. We still find stray pine needles every once in a while (just removed some molding) from our tree 2 yeras ago. I put up the tree last night while watching the Pitt game. Unfortunately Pitt lost, congratulations to all the mountaineers out there.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #2704
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My wife wants to do a live tree this year (haven't had a live one since I was small) Any Tips?
We did a live tree for a few years, but had a run where they kept falling down on us, smashing ornaments, spilling water, and generally making a mess. One time it even snapped through the wire I had holding it upright.

Obviously, we were just getting very defective trees.

Anyway, we've had an artificial one the last few years.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #2705
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
:SQUIRREL!!!.
...and those cats and Christmas tree lights. If that cat had nine lives, it used them all up.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #2706
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Hey guys, just heard from Trennr. He's been off work with pneumonia for 2 weeks and wasn't feeling up to going online. He said he's feeling a bit better now and hopefully will head back to work on Monday.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 11-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #2707
MiJo

Quote:
Hey guys, just heard from Trennr. He's been off work with pneumonia for 2 weeks and wasn't feeling up to going online. He said he's feeling a bit better now and hopefully will head back to work on Monday.
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #2708
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thats good, hes been off for awhile.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #2709
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

mijo, at work this morning a huge black benz pulls into our parking lot. a guy gets out and walks into the office, asks me "could you tell me how to get to martin guitar?" so i explained the 3 blocks away and he left. being so close to martin guitar we get alot of celebs looking for the place. the guys ask me who was it? i have no clue but the girl over at 7-11 across the street tells me it was some country singer. i told her hes driving a 100k car,and sams have garmins on sale for $130.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2710
itJeff

Quote:
Good to hear he's doing better!

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

Old 11-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #2711
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

another guy we never hear from anymore is stopher? anyone here from him? im sure hes on face book but i have no idea what his last name is.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #2712
MiJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
mijo, at work this morning a huge black benz pulls into our parking lot. a guy gets out and walks into the office, asks me "could you tell me how to get to martin guitar?" so i explained the 3 blocks away and he left. being so close to martin guitar we get alot of celebs looking for the place. the guys ask me who was it? i have no clue but the girl over at 7-11 across the street tells me it was some country singer. i told her hes driving a 100k car,and sams have garmins on sale for $130.
Well, unless it was Willie Nelson, I wouldn't have any idea who it might be! Now, if it was Stephen Stills or John Fogarty, I would know that!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #2713
itJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I just checked threadsmith.com again and they have a brushed cotton adjustable pre-curved hat in lime green! I worked on a design a little that includes The DIS DADS CLUB and MiJo. Right now, with their 40% off discount, the hat is less than $15, including shipping (through Monday). There's no minimum order so the name can easily be changed to whatever each person would want.
They seem to run this type of discount fairly often so we could give this a thought if anyone else is interested. They also do various types of shirts and stuff. My thinking is a hat can be worn every day in the parks, unlike a shirt. I can post instructions on how to design the hat if anyone is interested.
The colors look better on the site than they do here. I had to print the page and scan it in order to put the image up here. The lime green isn't as "bright" as it looks here.
Note: I am not affiliated with threadsmith in any way! Actually, I was looking to design a Navy hat and found this site.

Is lime green our official color?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #2714
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Well, unless it was Willie Nelson, I wouldn't have any idea who it might be! Now, if it was Stephen Stills or John Fogarty, I would know that!
willie would probley be theonly one i would know.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #2715
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Anyway, we've had an artificial one the last few years.
We've had artificial for the last few years. Even the price of cutting your own had gotten outrageous. We got this one on clearance and have paid for it a few times over by not getting a new one each year. Once the kids are a bit older, we'll venture out into the wilderness to cut our own. It's a great family tradition that we did every year when I was growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
A big black Benz? Probably not a country singer. He would show up in an F-150 or Silverado!

And great news about trennr!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: