Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #2551
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen Meet & Greet

I don't know if any of you guys covered this. Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen meet & greet, located in Liberty Square behind the shop that sells Christmas ornaments in the white gazebo. We were taking a shortcut and found them by accident. They had charm and wit & my son really liked them
Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #2552
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Hey Captain_Oblivious,
I saw this come across my Twitter feed (From @DisneyParks) and though you might be interested in it. The blessing of the four directions at Wilderness Lodge:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-world/
Thanks Barry! Always amazing how much is going on at WDW at any one time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #2553
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

And I thought I was just buying a phone.

In August I was very hesitant to buy an iPhone because I didn't want to be accessible by email 24/7, but my assistant's smart phone was dying so I bought her and I iPhones. Then one thing led to another.

First I found podcasts including the DIS Unplugged and I found an outlet for my passion for Disney that has been with me for 32 of my 41 years. Then that led me to the boards. Then tonight I stumble upon this thread.

I'm sure everyone has the same story about how your passion for Disney makes you feel somewhat like an outcast. Sure, I love betting football, racing cars, my GSXr, but Disney? Was something wrong? What am I reaching for in my childhood that wasn't satisfied?

Well, it doesn't matter now. As I can see, there are ten's of thousands of us out there. I am passionate about my family, career and Disney! Yeah, that's right, I used the love smile!

Now...can someone call my wife and tell her I'm not the only one? And as Walt said "it all started with a iPhone."
Old 11-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #2554
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post

Now...can someone call my wife and tell her I'm not the only one? And as Walt said "it all started with a iPhone."
When my wife says a grown man obsessed with Disney, I remind her that Walt was a man. She LOVES it and it shuts her right down.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #2555
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Got some interesting news today at work...it seems at though the hospital has made an error in pay for 8 YEARs!!!! Depending on what the lawyers have to say....there might be a hefty back pay coming my way WoooHOOO!!!! I have a feeling it wont happen but it is fun to think about.
wow, think of the eight years of fines and pen. for the taxs being paid late!you will probley owe them 20k by the time they are done.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #2556
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

GM, Dave! You working today or just up early? I'm waiting for the DW to rise and shine so we can hit a diner and then grab groceries. I have to split firewood later this morning and work on an antenna some time today.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #2557
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now...can someone call my wife and tell her I'm not the only one?
No brother, you ain't the only one...

So guys, I've been busy trying to get my guys settled and off to home. I'm out of here 0030 (our time) Monday morning...get into Jacksonville 1025 AM EST Monday....it's a loooooong flight to Dulles from Kuwait City.

So, what'd I miss?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #2558
KTME
DIS Dad

Driving to Newark, NJ this morning to drop the in-laws off at Royal Carribean. I hate driving especially up there. Good news is they are not going to be around for Thanksgiving....

Dave, I may have to stop in for a beer on the way home to calm my nerves!!!!

Fed, you are alomst there. Just think how good the turkey will taste this year. I remember a few years (okay maybe more then a few) spending thanksgiving day in Ft. Irwin California at the end of a 1 month training excercise. We were waiting for a flight to take us back to Ft. Polk. While we were waiting they thought that it would be a good idea for us to look for spent shell casing......in the trash dump!

Goofy Jr. 88 - I can only the assume the 88 is for Dale Jr. Here is hoping next year is better then this year.

Okay I am delaying the inevitable...Newark here I come.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #2559
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Now...can someone call my wife and tell her I'm not the only one?
You're not the only one. DW and I honeymooned there almost 10 years ago. Now, been going every year for last 5 years and added a second trip as well. DW and others in the family wonder why I want to go to Disney every year for vacation. They just don't get it. Two DDs (7,5) love Disney as well so I have some allies.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #2560
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
No brother, you ain't the only one...

So guys, I've been busy trying to get my guys settled and off to home. I'm out of here 0030 (our time) Monday morning...get into Jacksonville 1025 AM EST Monday....it's a loooooong flight to Dulles from Kuwait City.

So, what'd I miss?
In terms of extremely important events, I'd say the only things you're missing are my trip report and the upcoming Cleveland Browns vs. Detroit Lions game. It's difficult to put a price on either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME
Driving to Newark, NJ this morning to drop the in-laws off at Royal Carribean. I hate driving especially up there. Good news is they are not going to be around for Thanksgiving....
Yeah, NJ driving is...challenging. No comment on the 2nd part!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #2561
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

So, what'd I miss?

Don posted an update to his TR.

No, really he did.

Honest to God. Go look for yourself!

OK Don. I'm done now. Promise.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #2562
goofy Jr. 88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Goofy Jr. 88 - I can only the assume the 88 is for Dale Jr. Here is hoping next year is better then this year.
Jr. fan.

2009 very disappointing.

2010 we'll see.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #2563
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Don posted an update to his TR.

No, really he did.

Honest to God. Go look for yourself!

OK Don. I'm done now. Promise.

It wasn't me, but you knew someone had to do.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #2564
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
wow, think of the eight years of fines and pen. for the taxs being paid late!you will probley owe them 20k by the time they are done.

Geez I had not even thought about that!!! Funny thing is that this past summer we got a love note from the IRS that said our 2007 return had a mistake and that we owed them 1400. Uuuugh! We got that just days after booking a Disney cruise.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #2565
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Quote:
In August I was very hesitant to buy an iPhone because I didn't want to be accessible by email 24/7, but my assistant's smart phone was dying so I bought her and I iPhones. Then one thing led to another.

First I found podcasts including the DIS Unplugged and I found an outlet for my passion for Disney that has been with me for 32 of my 41 years. Then that led me to the boards. Then tonight I stumble upon this thread.

I'm sure everyone has the same story about how your passion for Disney makes you feel somewhat like an outcast. Sure, I love betting football, racing cars, my GSXr, but Disney? Was something wrong? What am I reaching for in my childhood that wasn't satisfied?

Well, it doesn't matter now. As I can see, there are ten's of thousands of us out there. I am passionate about my family, career and Disney! Yeah, that's right, I used the love smile!

I'll call your wife, if you'll call mine!
Have you seen the app for the iPhone from touringplans.com? It think it's more of a mobile site, than an app. It's supposedly accessible by more than just the iPhone, but I can't get it to work on my bb Bold. Just wondering if you knew, and maybe what you thought of it.
BTW - the touring plan guys are in a podcast that posts 3 times a week
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: