Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #196
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.....

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #197
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyz3girls View Post
First off I'm happy to hear that I'm not nuts and I'm acting just as normal as a DisDad should.Second,I wasn't planning to drive this time around due to getting a $25 voucher for airtran off the Disboards(would save me $200 off airfare for the family)but hey I can keep the family home, fill the tank in the car and head south on I-95 and pick everyone and anyone(DisDads only) thats willing to jump in while I slow down just enough for them to get in.I say Disney or Bust...Look for the red minivan at an exit near you......let me see if I have it right...
so far I'm picking up;
dvczerfs
ktme
goherd1028.....anymore....
Settle down, boys. If we're going to do this, we're going to do this right. We buy an old school bus and paint up to look like one of Disney's Magical Express busses. Rip out the seats and bolt in some old couches, bunk beds, a kitchen table and a fridge. Duct tape a Webber grill off the back. Air horns off of a diesel locomotive.
We swing throughout the country picking up Dads, ending up at Fort Wilderness!

Party Bus! WHOOOOO!
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #198
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Thanks for the note Emma's Dad

Appreciate tracking down the new thread!

bob
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #199
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyz3girls View Post
First off I'm happy to hear that I'm not nuts and I'm acting just as normal as a DisDad should.Second,I wasn't planning to drive this time around due to getting a $25 voucher for airtran off the Disboards(would save me $200 off airfare for the family)but hey I can keep the family home, fill the tank in the car and head south on I-95 and pick everyone and anyone(DisDads only) thats willing to jump in while I slow down just enough for them to get in.I say Disney or Bust...Look for the red minivan at an exit near you......let me see if I have it right...
so far I'm picking up;
dvczerfs
ktme
goherd1028.....anymore....
Oh yeah!! Count me in on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Settle down, boys. If we're going to do this, we're going to do this right. We buy an old school bus and paint up to look like one of Disney's Magical Express busses. Rip out the seats and bolt in some old couches, bunk beds, a kitchen table and a fridge. Duct tape a Webber grill off the back. Air horns off of a diesel locomotive.

Party Bus! WHOOOOO!
HAHAHA! All my "cube-mates" are now giving me the "what's up with Don laughing his behind off in his cube again" look. This post got me bustin' up big time! Mostly because I think we are all nutz enough to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniekissedme View Post
Appreciate tracking down the new thread!

bob
No problem, Bob! Glad you found us again and get caught up. How's John's family doing? Any word?
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #200
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

I know I'm probably missing a few new requests to join the club... I'll get to those in just a minute. I have to inform you guys of a conversation I had last night with DW. As most of you know, I'm working on DW to increase her interest in future DW trips. Well... I'm sitting on the couch last night snacking on some plain M&M's (my DD calls them Emma M's ) and out of the blue DW says, "You're probably going to think I'm crazy... but I was just wondering why we haven't booked our trip to WDW for next year yet?" I about choked on a blue M&M when the words came out of her mouth! After regaining normal air flow again, I tried to be quick thinking and said "Well... I was thinking more like a mini-trip in the fall since they still have free dining...." (just testing the water here). And she's like "...well how much would that be?" Oh yeah! We just might be taking a trip sooner than I thought was possible. She's starting to get it. I do believe we are going to have to do a DVC presentation next trip......

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #201
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysdad View Post
I read the first post and cannot stop laughing. I would be honored to become a member but must tell you why I qualify.

My DW and I are very involved in Greyhound rescue and finding homes for retired racers. We had one greyhound for about a year and thought it might be time for a second dog. When I found out her racing name was Mini I had to find out more. When I looked at her family tree it turned out her brothers and sisters were Mickey, Nemo, Dory, Donald, and Tigger. I HAD TO HAVE HER.

I certainly hopes this qualifies me.
That's awesome! You are definitely qualified! You are member # 336!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list

Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #202
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I know I'm probably missing a few new requests to join the club... I'll get to those in just a minute. I have to inform you guys of a conversation I had last night with DW. As most of you know, I'm working on DW to increase her interest in future DW trips. Well... I'm sitting on the couch last night snacking on some plain M&M's (my DD calls them Emma M's ) and out of the blue DW says, "You're probably going to think I'm crazy... but I was just wondering why we haven't booked our trip to WDW for next year yet?" I about choked on a blue M&M when the words came out of her mouth! After regaining normal air flow again, I tried to be quick thinking and said "Well... I was thinking more like a mini-trip in the fall since they still have free dining...." (just testing the water here). And she's like "...well how much would that be?" Oh yeah! We just might be taking a trip sooner than I thought was possible. She's starting to get it. I do believe we are going to have to do a DVC presentation next trip......
Persistence, persistence, persistence, well done!
Now the hard part, getting reservations for free dining.

Have fun planning!

Quote:

Party Bus! WHOOOOO!
If that bus will go North first, I'm definately in!
I love the duct tape reference, classic.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #203
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

OK... I was bored and I had a thought come to mind: What is most expensive WDW trip you can book online?

My first try at this I came up with the following:
- 8 Adults
- 15 days/ 14 nights at AKL
- 2 BR Suite - Club Level
- 10 Day MYW tickets - Hopping/WP&M/No Expire
- Platinum Dining Plan w/ Wine add on
- No airfare (That could really vary it)

Price: $50,759.86

Old 07-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #204
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

:QUOTE=Emma's Dad;32789470]I know I'm probably missing a few new requests to join the club... I'll get to those in just a minute. I have to inform you guys of a conversation I had last night with DW. As most of you know, I'm working on DW to increase her interest in future DW trips. Well... I'm sitting on the couch last night snacking on some plain M&M's (my DD calls them Emma M's ) and out of the blue DW says, "You're probably going to think I'm crazy... but I was just wondering why we haven't booked our trip to WDW for next year yet?" I about choked on a blue M&M when the words came out of her mouth! After regaining normal air flow again, I tried to be quick thinking and said "Well... I was thinking more like a mini-trip in the fall since they still have free dining...." (just testing the water here). And she's like "...well how much would that be?" Oh yeah! We just might be taking a trip sooner than I thought was possible. She's starting to get it. I do believe we are going to have to do a DVC presentation next trip......[/QUOTE]

oh,nice work don!!! oct 7 - 17 sounds like a nice time to go. i think free dining ends in sept. BUT, if you drive,stay at pop or one of the all-stars for a week? with food and some spending you could probley do it for 23-2500.00?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 07-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #205
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
If that bus will go North first, I'm definately in!
I love the duct tape reference, classic.
The Party Bus knows no boundaries. In fact, we'll strap some empty 55 gallon barrels to the sides and mount a 200 horsepower Evinrude to the back, just in case we need to float that thing overseas to pick up some more dads.
And then we can drag race the ferries from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. Water skiing on Seven Seas Lagoon! Long live the Party Bus! WHOOOO!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #206
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OK... I was bored and I had a thought come to mind: What is most expensive WDW trip you can book online?

My first try at this I came up with the following:
- 8 Adults
- 15 days/ 14 nights at AKL
- 2 BR Suite - Club Level
- 10 Day MYW tickets - Hopping/WP&M/No Expire
- Platinum Dining Plan w/ Wine add on
- No airfare (That could really vary it)

Price: $50,759.86

I'm down to do this...

Let me take out a home equity loan first though!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #207
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Party Bus knows no boundaries. In fact, we'll strap some empty 55 gallon barrels to the sides and mount a 200 horsepower Evinrude to the back, just in case we need to float that thing overseas to pick up some more dads.
And then we can drag race the ferries from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. Water skiing on Seven Seas Lagoon! Long live the Party Bus! WHOOOO!
being thats it dads only on this bus, dont forget there is no need to stop at every rest stop on the east coast! so dont forget we will need a hole in floor of the bus and a "dont tail gate " sign for the back!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #208
Mrincredible1980
Dis Dad Member #154

Help!

Hey Dads this is OT but im at my wits end and need some help. I have a chocolate lab (named Daisy). She is almost a year old. Several weeks ago she began constantly barking at night. Almost as soon as the sun goes down and untill the the sun comes back up she is constantly barking. As some of you might know, I am always on the road with my work. My DW is on the verge of getting rid of my dog. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help bring her barking down to a minimum.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #209
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrincredible1980 View Post
Hey Dads this is OT but im at my wits end and need some help. I have a chocolate lab (named Daisy). She is almost a year old. Several weeks ago she began constantly barking at night. Almost as soon as the sun goes down and untill the the sun comes back up she is constantly barking. As some of you might know, I am always on the road with my work. My DW is on the verge of getting rid of my dog. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help bring her barking down to a minimum.
I've had both of my dogs in obedience classes, and while they are far from well behaved, I (and they) did learn enough make them productive members of the family. A quick Google search found this: http://www.perfectpaws.com/bark.html. Basically, it will take a lot of patience to train them not to bark. Also, dogs like labs really need exercise. Lots of it. Good long walks will be very difficult for DW and the kids while you are gone. Do you have a big yard? 30 good minutes of having the kids run around chasing the dog (don't teach the dog chase the kids, though), throwing balls, etc will really help. See if there are any dog parks in the area that she can go to to socialize. I know it sounds odd, but dogs are naturally pack animals, so they usually respond very well to play time with other dogs. Check out www.dogpark.com and www.dogparkusa.com to see if there are any in the area. Or check with your vet.
Good luck with Daisy!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #210
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
being thats it dads only on this bus, dont forget there is no need to stop at every rest stop on the east coast! so dont forget we will need a hole in floor of the bus and a "dont tail gate " sign for the back!
Oh, yeah! The don't tail gate sign might be a bit redundant after the first use of the hole. I'm guessing that car will never tail gate anyone ever again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: