Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #2791
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We will be in NYC tomorrow too for the Princess & the Frog premiere. We are really excited! Steve, if I see you I'll say hi! We will be hanging around Times Square and Rockefeller Center. I'll have my grey Mickey hat on.
I will keep an eye out for sure. I will have my signature kelly green Marshall cap on my head or hookrd to my backpack. It would be cool if we did run into each other.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #2792
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I looked at threadsmith's site regarding the logos, and the only thing I found regarding copyrights was a check box on the upload page certifying that you have the right to use whatever you are uploading and will not hold them liable if you get sued. I would think that since we are making these shirts strictly for personal use, it would fall under fair use. That's just my 2 cents.
You never know. I made some 'thank you' cards with some Disney characters on them for our last trip. I got the idea and patterns off these boards somewhere. Anyway, a CM (manager type) came up to me on the first day, after the kids had handed some out, wanting to know where I had gotten them from. He told me that it would be best if I didn't hand any more out.
So much for a kind gesture. May have been an isolated thing, but I always think of that when using any kind of graphic.
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #2793
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Advice For out ot town NYC visitors

If you are going to NYC, Live about a hour away , with a Father who is a retired cop of 35yrs is.
Men - keep your wallet in your front pants pocket or inside your jacket, do not wear expensive jewelry or watch.

Women - same advice, if you have to have a pocketbook keep nothing with any info. in it.

This is the prime pickpocket season,they can spot a out-of-towners a mile away. Just stay safe and be aware of what's going on around you!
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #2794
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post
You never know. I made some 'thank you' cards with some Disney characters on them for our last trip. I got the idea and patterns off these boards somewhere. Anyway, a CM (manager type) came up to me on the first day, after the kids had handed some out, wanting to know where I had gotten them from. He told me that it would be best if I didn't hand any more out.
So much for a kind gesture. May have been an isolated thing, but I always think of that when using any kind of graphic.
I agree Copyrights are tricky, are any of the Dis Dads a lawyer or know someone who is that might be able to put some light on this?
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #2795
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
she will be down on hanover, near wall street. she gets off the bus, goes into the office and wont come out till its time to get the bus to come home. this summer im going to go in with her but im gonna walk around the city.
Oh man - I LOVE NYC! I've been able to go on business 1 or 2x per year the past 5 years. It is so awesome. I love to see something new each time I go. It is such a great experience. So far I have...
  • walked across the Brooklyn Bridge
  • taken the Staten Island Ferry over and back several times (the view of the Statue is so much better than out on the statue's island)
  • been to the Met
  • been to the Natural History Museum
  • Central Library
  • the Guggenheim
  • 4 or 5 Broadway shows, one twice
  • taken the subway many times all over the city
  • heard the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir in person
  • Central Park & the Zoo
  • Empire State Building
  • Ground Zero - then walked up to Times Square (that was a walk!!)
  • eaten at many great restaurants, delis & pizza joints throughout uptown, downtown and midtown
  • World of Disney (of course!!)
  • Macy's in Herald Square
  • toured Columbia University
  • Grand Central Station
  • Rockefeller Center
  • toured many of the great cathedrals in the city
  • Yankees game x2 in "the house that Ruth built" (haven't been to the new stadium yet...)
  • crossed each of the major bridges, and tunnels
  • toured Radio City & met a Rockette (she had some great gams!)
  • toured the U.N.
  • had some great street dogs & pretzels!
There's so much more I want to do yet... I have this little guidebook that I bought - NYC in a Day - that gives all kinds of information about things to see and do in a limited time. Everytime I know I'm going - I pull out the book and map a course of action for that upcoming trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
One thing about NYC is that you would never get bored.
So very true! I love going to the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We will be in NYC tomorrow too for the Princess & the Frog premiere. We are really excited! Steve, if I see you I'll say hi! We will be hanging around Times Square and Rockefeller Center. I'll have my grey Mickey hat on.
I'm very jealous here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
If you are going to NYC, Live about a hour away , with a Father who is a retired cop of 35yrs is.
Men - keep your wallet in your front pants pocket or inside your jacket, do not wear expensive jewelry or watch.
Every time I go, the wallet is in my front pocket. I definitely stick out like a sore thumb in that city, but at the same time, with so many trips I'm definitely learning to "fit in" more and more.

Now I wish I could be there right now!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #2796
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
As I understand it, the price includes the embroidery but does not include shipping of about $5.95. I guess I opened a can of worms here since everyone wants different types of apparel! The thinking here is that everyone would have to order their own since I wouldn't know how to order individually embroidered items for so many guys and then have them shipped to each person's address. If we can come up with a logo, I believe it can be stored on the site. However, logos with a graphic have to be at least 300 dpi to look right and I don't think I have any software capable of doing that. If we go with just lettering, that should be no problem. If we do have a stored logo, each member could order whatever item he wanted with the logo. To add a name, it would probably just be a matter of adding something to the logo on the "design now" page, although I'm not sure about that. I could find out if enough guys are interested. The site also runs specials from time to time, as they are doing now. This one is 40% off and expires at midnight tonight.

I think I can speak for everyone on this, that no one would think that you would have to order everyone's shirt. Since you have delt with them before, we are looking for advice. Once a color and logo is agreed upon everyone can order what they feel comfortable with.

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #2797
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I think I can speak for everyone on this, that no one would think that you would have to order everyone's shirt. Since you have delt with them before, we are looking for advice. Once a color and logo is agreed upon everyone can order what they feel comfortable with.
Actually, I haven't dealt with them. I've been messing around on the site for a few months trying to come up with a design for a NAVCOMMSTA GUAM hat since no one makes one. That's where I was stationed from '72-'75. So, I thought about making a DIS Dads hat for our last trip to WDW in October but I never ordered one. My designs have been site lettering only, no graphics, since I'm not too good at that stuff and I don't have a graphics program. I guess it might be best to stay away from Disney art unless someone can verify that it would be OK. There seems to be a lot of clipart around the Web but it probably can't be used to turn a profit, so threadsmith might not be able to use it.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #2798
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Green acres is the place for me.

Farm livin' is the life for me.

Land spreadin' out so far and wide.

Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #2799
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Geeez. I have not been getting email updtes when there are new posts here so I figured that with the holiday maybe you were all carting your wives around to the malls for deals. I guess I was wrong!!! I just happened to check and I have missed a lot...

Man I hate to be left out of the loop LOL
Hey... I found out that if you get instant updates on a thread, the board will not send you another email update until you log in and check the thread first. Just thought I'd pass that info along....
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #2800
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Oh man - I LOVE NYC! I've been able to go on business 1 or 2x per year the past 5 years. It is so awesome. I love to see something new each time I go. It is such a great experience. So far I have...
  • walked across the Brooklyn Bridge
  • taken the Staten Island Ferry over and back several times (the view of the Statue is so much better than out on the statue's island)
  • been to the Met
  • been to the Natural History Museum
  • Central Library
  • the Guggenheim
  • 4 or 5 Broadway shows, one twice
  • taken the subway many times all over the city
  • heard the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir in person
  • Central Park & the Zoo
  • Empire State Building
  • Ground Zero - then walked up to Times Square (that was a walk!!)
  • eaten at many great restaurants, delis & pizza joints throughout uptown, downtown and midtown
  • World of Disney (of course!!)
  • Macy's in Herald Square
  • toured Columbia University
  • Grand Central Station
  • Rockefeller Center
  • toured many of the great cathedrals in the city
  • Yankees game x2 in "the house that Ruth built" (haven't been to the new stadium yet...)
  • crossed each of the major bridges, and tunnels
  • toured Radio City & met a Rockette (she had some great gams!)
  • toured the U.N.
  • had some great street dogs & pretzels!
There's so much more I want to do yet... I have this little guidebook that I bought - NYC in a Day - that gives all kinds of information about things to see and do in a limited time. Everytime I know I'm going - I pull out the book and map a course of action for that upcoming trip.

So very true! I love going to the city.

I'm very jealous here!

Every time I go, the wallet is in my front pocket. I definitely stick out like a sore thumb in that city, but at the same time, with so many trips I'm definitely learning to "fit in" more and more.

Now I wish I could be there right now!
I love NYC this time of year and my list is.

1. Radio City Christmas Spectacular
2. At the end of the night stop at the Marroit Marquis and go to the 8th floor and get a window seat and watch people in Time Square while having a coffe and desert or night cap. It is an awsome view. Sometimes we sit one row away from the window and as soon as a window seat opens we move over. They usually notice and come clean the table off for you.
3. Skating in Bryant Park.
4. Getting a window seat next to the rink at Rockefeller Center for lunch and watch people skate.
5. The tree lighting.
6. Trying new restuants we usually get a great meal that is unforgetable.
7. Nicks or Rangers game.
8. Seeing a show, (I usually enjoy but sometimes I can't wait for it to be over).

Have a geat time.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #2801
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
I love NYC this time of year and my list is.

1. Radio City Christmas Spectacular
2. At the end of the night stop at the Marroit Marquis and go to the 8th floor and get a window seat and watch people in Time Square while having a coffe and desert or night cap. It is an awsome view. Sometimes we sit one row away from the window and as soon as a window seat opens we move over. They usually notice and come clean the table off for you.
3. Skating in Bryant Park.
4. Getting a window seat next to the rink at Rockefeller Center for lunch and watch people skate.
5. The tree lighting.
6. Trying new restuants we usually get a great meal that is unforgetable.
7. Nicks or Rangers game.
8. Seeing a show, (I usually enjoy but sometimes I can't wait for it to be over).

Have a geat time.
We have made it to NYC and checked into our room at the Hilton on W 57th. The room is Very swanky and has a peekaboo shower. That is something I have not seen before LOL

We can already take care of a few things on your list. Tonight we are doing the Radio City Music Hall Spectacular and tomorrow night we are going to the tree lighting. Let the fun begin! I am off to explore the city. If you are following me on facebook I am trying to post pictures along the way.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #2802
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We have made it to NYC and checked into our room at the Hilton on W 57th. The room is Very swanky and has a peekaboo shower. That is something I have not seen before LOL

We can already take care of a few things on your list. Tonight we are doing the Radio City Music Hall Spectacular and tomorrow night we are going to the tree lighting. Let the fun begin! I am off to explore the city. If you are following me on facebook I am trying to post pictures along the way.
Have fun and have a happy birthday!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #2803
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

have fun steve!! nice pics.!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #2804
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post
MiJo - I'm up for a shirt, or a hat. I wear hats on vacation so I don't have to worry about my 'do'. I have a couple of graphic programs that should meet the requirements of the site. I'm not the most creative when it comes to logos though. If you give me an idea I can try to run with it. I kinda doubt we could get away with using a disney character in our logo. The next couple of weeks are going to kinda hectic for me - finals are coming up and I'm waaaaaaayyyyyy behind. I seem to be spending too much time on this awesome message board I found.
Hey, how about a logo with a graphic of a souped-up, lime green minivan with a Mickey head antenna topper!? Minivans are very popular on this site! Maybe something like this:
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.

Last edited by MiJo; 12-01-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #2805
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Green acres is the place for me.

Farm livin' is the life for me.

Land spreadin' out so far and wide.

Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

Quote:

I'm jealous. We wanted to go to NYC for our 10th anniv. next April. The Disney trip in May kinda got in the way though. We'll probably try to make it there later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Hey, how about a logo with a graphic of a souped-up, lime green minivan with a Mickey head antenna topper!? Minivans are very popular on this site! Maybe something like this:

That's funny, I don't care who you are.
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: