Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

A Bunny and Bear take the world.were not sleeping till its done! PTR 1/2010

Ok so I have never done a PTR before, In fact I didn't even know what it was until about a month ago! (gasp!)- I know.

So I guess I will start with a little background. The cast!

Me (Sharpie89/bunny) I am 20 years old, I work at a craft store and I am a Disney addict. I have gone to Disney four times, only one was on grounds...it was terrible but I was with my High School band so that was probably the reason. I was freezing the whole time, but I was with my friends so it was alright. Two of the other times my family would rent a town house and we would stay there. However those times we went my grandparents were with as well as my parents so we DID NOT eat in the parks!! They are very very cheap!! We ate at 2 times in the park the whole week and a half. (PS we never left the park we were at till it was closed/ yep that means we did not eat when we were there all day!!-sometimes we got popcorn...or grandma made sand witches!) So when I went with band I was excited to eat some real Disney food! WRONG- we had these cards, and we could only spend so much from it...(not sure what that thing was) So sorry for being long winded but this trip is so exciting for me!! Alright

Bear (my lovely hubby-to be) 23 years old. He is a long haul truck driver. He is never home, so for us to have six whole days together is going to be amazing!! As well as it is going to be in the most magical place in the world. He has never been to Disney before - his family has been 6 times (he grew up in NC-its not that far) and they left him in a group home...sucks right (enough sappy PTR that's it I swear) He did get to go to DollyWood a few times when he was younger, and last year we went for a day, it was fun but it was no Disney...so I said we are completely going! Since he is gone all the time he has not much to do with Disney planning (sad I know) So after a few weeks of aggravation about him not listinging about my obsessive Disney babbling...I am doing this for him!

So this trip was in my head for a wile but I kept it in there because I knew if it came out...it was out and it would never leave! But that all left when we I was cutting his hair a few months ago...he wanted a mo hawk...strange I know but I did it, and I was telling him about how the boys can get a mo Hawk at Disney, and he was like really? I got all excited when he kept asking questions about Disney, and of course I was obliged to talk my head off...he then gave it up...so I didn't push it any further. But then he called me a few days later and told me that he was going to have a week of payed vacation coming up in January 2010 and that he thinks we should go to Disney!! I almost cried! I wanted to take him so baddly and now we get to go!! - So that is the story of my trip. (sorry so much talking!)

So after toying around with all the different hotels we could stay at from AKL to POFQ and POLY...my neighbor who is Disney obsessed told us to go to POP...WhAT POP what is that??? I jumped on the computer right away and checked it out! YES YES thats the one, so I started planning. And now we are staying at POP for 5 nights and 6 days...sucks but if we stay longer Bears truck will be taken back, and he has to wait to get a new one...ugg. We are getting 10 days of parkhoping/no expiring tickets (planning on taking a small 4day in MAY/and a 4day in OCT- honeymoon!!) We are also on the (drum roll please) Disney Dining Plan!!! OMG I am in love!! Best thing ever!! Update- 10/9/09- We are no longer staying at the POP, we became DVC members, over last weekend!! :smile::dance: So now we will be staying at the AKV we are going to be staying in a savanna view, studio, and hopefully in a concierge room! :dance: so I am very very excited. We are now staying in the Hotel I had origianaly wanted to stay in from the very beginning of our trip planing.

Thanks for reading!
1999-Off Site (with parents 1st trip)2002-Off Site (Grand Parents rental town house)2003-Camping (St. Augustine (drove up for the night-town house)2007-ASM (with my school band) 2010-SSV, BLT, AKV (DVC!!!) (First time trips-lots of firsts!! And I got engaged!!) 2011-POP -first trip just the two of us!! 2012- ASMovies- first trip with the baby and family!

Last edited by sharpie89; 10-07-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

I'll join in to read. I can't wait to hear more.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

ooooh I have a reader!! I didn't think I would get one!!
1999-Off Site (with parents 1st trip)2002-Off Site (Grand Parents rental town house)2003-Camping (St. Augustine (drove up for the night-town house)2007-ASM (with my school band) 2010-SSV, BLT, AKV (DVC!!!) (First time trips-lots of firsts!! And I got engaged!!) 2011-POP -first trip just the two of us!! 2012- ASMovies- first trip with the baby and family!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

So today we went to woodfeild mall...and we went to the disney dreams store....and I fell in love!! We are going to be closing on the DVC on Wed morning!! We are going to be getting in at the AKL!! I am so excited I don't even know how I am going to sleep till then!!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

The first Plan---

Sunday-Check in, DTD and get our AP's (I think we can) OUTLET MALL (I think we are going to rent a car for the day?) -not so shure about this one
Monday- MK all day (with rope drop) and DHS for late hours after Wishes
Tuesday-Epcot all day with extra magic morning(for the front end),then eat our way through the world, and do some Kim possible. and stay for Illimunations
Wednesday- AK all day with extra hours, and then Mini Golf @ Fantaisia (if the desert party is open, I would like to do it this day-before mini golf)
Thursday- DHS all day (rope drop) W/ Fantasmic dinner stay till close (DTD after-possibly Cirque)
Friday- Park Hoping? (maybe- it depends) Rest of the day at DTD and Balloon Ride (lunch and early dinner- plane leaves at 7ish)

Last edited by sharpie89; 10-06-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

The food Plan

Sunday- Traveling, and DTD
B- Midway Airport (Starbucks-I need my coffee)
L- Cookes of Dublin (CS)
D- Ohana (TS)
S- (buy drink mugs)+(Eat Zebra domes!!)

Monday- MK / DHS-EMH
B-Sunshine Tree Citrus Swirl (Snack)
L-Columbia Harbor House (CS)
D-Pizza Planet (CS)
S-Aloha Island (I need a Dole Whip) Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Sleepy Hollow (Snack)---during wishes/parade

Tuesday-Epcot
B-1900 Park fare (TS)
L-Rose & Crown (OOP) (not a full lunch-we are just sharing)
D- Eat a snack at each of the countries- (still figuring out what)
Japan-Shaved Ice (Kaki Gori)
Mexico-Churros, Frozen Margaritas
Morocco-Shawarma, Mint Iced Tea
Norway-School Bread, Pretzel Bread, Strawberry Cream, Cream Horn
France-chocolate mousse,Chocolate Crepe, Chocolate Éclair
China- Ice Cream,
United Kingdom- Sharing Lunch at Crown and Rose
Germany-Pretzel and cheese
Canada-??????-I will have to find something...
Italy-Italian gelato
United States-Funnel Cake

S-Eating snacks all day- but I would mabey like Micky ears during Illimunations and I feel a trip to Club Cool will be in order.

Wednesday- AK / Wishes Desert Party / Mini Golf (fantasia)
B-Whatever? -Fruit?
L-Flame Tree BBQ (CS)
D-Boma (TS)
S-Frozen Lemonaid+Ice Cream Sandwich – choice of cookie and ice cream – Dino-bites
S-Wishes Desert Party

Thursday-DHS / DTD?
B-Writers Stop - quick food (Snack)
L-SiFi Dinner- (OOP)
D-Hollywood and Vine- Fantasmic (TS)
S-Frozen Coolers - Herbie's Drive-In (Snack)

Friday- Park Hopping/ DTD-Balloon
B-Chef Mikey's (TS)
L-Wolf Gang Pucks (CS)
D-Fulton's (OOP) - use DVC discount
S-Goofy's Pretzel Sticks (Snack)

So that's what I have now...but I will probably have to look at this again and check...If any body has any other thoughts let me know!!!

Last edited by sharpie89; 10-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
sharpie89
Earning My Ears

Are you crazy...or just plain stupid?

So I think I am crazy...I am currently planning 6 trips to the world!! Yes that's right 6 in the next two years!! So hear we go...I need somewhere to post all of this! So I will keep this thread as a kind of journal with the planning, and the trip reports...I would like to keep all my info there! ( I think I am going to try to keep the different trips colar coded)

(2010)
January (Beth, Matt) 24-29th- AKV- this will be our first trip home to the DVC which we have never been to before. Also matt has never been to disney!

May (Mom, Twins, Matt, Beth) 11-14 -BLT- This will be the first trip with everybody, my sisters are so excited to go, it has been a long time since they went and they were so little!

Septermber (Whole Family) 19-22 - AKV-This is our wedding!! We will be getting married on Cocoa beach! on the 20th! It makes me so happy to be marring my bear.

October (Beth, Matt) 25-29- BWV- This will be our honey moon!!

(2011)

January (mom twins, beth, matt) 23-28th- AKV- Our anual (I love being able to do this) trip...I am thinking about driving down, and having matt meet us...IKD depends how the airfare is??

October (beth, Matt) I dont know the dates or where we want to stay...this is going to be our one year aniversry!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: