Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
nichrismom
Earning My Ears

DH thinks I have a problem...

Well I have mostly been lurking on the boards since I began my planning about six months ago. We now have only 13 days to go and I have stopped sleeping. My wonderful husband thinks I have a problem. He's worried that I'm obsessed... and he's right! I haven't been to Disney World since I was fourteen so I'm a little excited. I have been planning and reading everything I can find on WDW. I have four different guidebooks and spend so much time on the Disney web site he's probably right to be concerned but he doesn't understand that I LOVE it! Planning it all is so much fun. I really like having something to look forward to.

I don't really know how this is supposed to go but here goes nothing.
I guess I'll start with what I know for sure.

The Cast: Me (Mom), DH (Dad), Grandma (my Mom), Granddad (my Dad), DS2 'Snickers' DS 9mths 'The Bish'

It started like this, DH gets a promotion and raise and a bonus. We have never been on vacation together (outside of visits to the family cottage). We decide we are going to take a trip together. Maybe Venice. Maybe England. Grandma and Granddad can watch the kids. It'll be so romantic. The next conversation goes like this:
Me: We've always talked about Disney world. I really want to go.
DH: What happened to Venice?
Me: Well...
DH: Oh alright. At least its a real vacation.

A few days later...
Me: I just can't go to Disney world without Snickers. He lives and breathes Mickey. How cool would it be to take him for his B-day?
DH: What about the Bish?
Me: He can stay with my parents.

A few days later...
Me: We're going to disney world for Snickers B-day!
Granddad: Great I can't wait. In fact let me upgrade the whole trip to a deluxe resort.
Me: Uh.... (notice I do not say... But you were supposed to babysit!)
Granddad: This is going to be great!

And so instead of a romantic vacation with DH we are having a full family affair but hey I'm ecstatic anyway. DH was a little less thrilled but has agreed we can't tell the Grandparents that they can't come see Snickers meet his hero. So...

We are staying at the Polynesian October 30 - November 8. I have requested and hope to get a first floor, pool facing room in the Samoa building. We chose the Poly because of its monorail access and also because you can request a microwave. An absolute must for life with an infant IMO. We bought the Disney Dining Plan and parkhopper tickets with WPFAM.

I have made ADR's for the following:
October 30- dinner- T-Rex DTD
October 31- Lunch- Coral Reef
November 1 Breakfast- O'Hana with Lilo and Stitch
November 2 Lunch- Hollywood and Vine with Jojo and Goliath
November 3 Dinner- California Grill - Adults only
November 4 Lunch- Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends
November 5 Dinner- Garden Grill with Chip and Dale
November 7 Breakfast- Donalds Safari Breakfast

We also have tix for MNSSHP for October 31, and an Illuminations pontoon cruise for Snickers B-Day on November 7. Still trying to book the decorations, food and cake for that. Feel like I've hit a brick wall with Disney there. I may leave it until we arrive and ask the concierge at the resort to help.

Issues that I am worried about and would welcome some advice on.
1) Strollers- I don't want to rent so I went out a bought a double stroller for the boys. I want them to be comfortable and also in Snickers case contained. I am worried about getting it onto the buses and such. It folds very easily but is still quite large. Anyone with experience with this I would love any tips you have.

2) We are ordering the big birthday bash for snickers and the anniversary gift for my parents. I would like for them to be in the rooms when we arrive or at least on the first night. Has anyone ordered these things? Are they there when you arrive?

3) Similar to the other. I plan to order some groceries from garden grocer, snacks, baby food, water, sunscreen etc. (I'm coming from Canada on a flight and am worried about transporting these things in a suitcase plus hey it just seems simpler) but how does the resort handle these deliveries? Do I have to be there or will they accept for me? Can I order them for the first day or should I do it for day two? I would prefer to have them delivered on day one but am worried about what happens if they deliver them before we check in.

More to come. Thanks for reading and thanks for responding.

Really need to get some sleep! I just keep thinking about the commercial with the little girl who is 'too excited to sleep". That's me... I swear I'm so excited that sometimes I just let out a little scream!

Erin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: