Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Karenj2
Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

I need clothes for my trip to Disney in august!

I know it'll be hotter than heck, and humid to boot, 'cause we've traveled at this time before.

I know this sounds stupid, but I don't like shorts, so I'm looking for some LIGHTWEIGHT capris, skirts or sun dresses in light colors.

I love the look of the sun dresses of Athleta.com (?), but the prices are painful!

Know of any stores to check out (either online or in person)? I haven't shopped for clothes in a LONG time. Very few of my clothes from last year fit me (gone up a size or two).
03/1983 wdw Poly | 03/1992? wdw Offsite | 03/1993 wdw Poly | 05/1996 wdw WL | 01/2001 wdw CS | 04/2001 dl day trip | 08/2002 dcl/wdw | 2003-2004 in Dec/Jan dl day trips w/ BIL | 9/2006 wdw PC | 8/2007 wdw PC | 8/2008 wdw AS Sports | 8/2009 wdw BC | 1/2011 wdw Poly, DH ran 1/2 marathon | 3/2012 wdw PC w/ friends | 2/2013 dl day trip| 9/2014 wdw AKLV w/ friends! 4 adults, 1 4yo and 2 sets of 1yo Twins! CRAZY!!

Karenj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

Ann taylor loft has precious dresses, in fact every thing they have is cute.

Dress on the website look a little short, but unless you are 6ft tall they arent lol. I have several, most are knee length on me.

Can get really good sales, sign up for their credit card and get an extra 15% off the first time you use it. Things go on sale there all the time. My fav. dress are right now 49.50 on the site, but I bought them several weeks ago at 25.00 a piece. They are always putting things on sale!

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog...hp1&showAll=Y&

This is the budget board LOl.. dont run that card up , pay it off immediately ; )!

Last edited by ilovejack02; 07-07-2009 at 05:01 PM.
ilovejack02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

There are very fun and comfy capris in most major department stores, Walmart, Target, and Kohls. Be sure and check out the clearance racks and coordinate a solid capri with tops that sports a little "bling" We go in summer (just got back in fact) and I also add bracelets and ring-bling (leave the real stuff at home) for fun. The looks fit into the nice TS places we go for lunch and dinner every day. I saw alot of crisp sundresses this year, but I'm not a dress person for all the movement in and out of rides and attractions that occur. I try to have 2-3 tops that go with each bottom to save on luggage space. Have Fun shopping--there's ALOT of unsold inventory out there
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
disneysmiles
Mouseketeer

Not necesarily a clothing tip, but if you want to keep cool, having a spritzer for your arms and ankles will go a long way. I love evaporative cooling where you aren't using your own sweat to do the evaporating.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I don't have any advice regarding specific stores, but I know in my area, all the stores are having (good!) sales on summer clothes.

Good luck!
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysmiles View Post
Not necesarily a clothing tip, but if you want to keep cool, having a spritzer for your arms and ankles will go a long way. I love evaporative cooling where you aren't using your own sweat to do the evaporating.
The cool water feels good but in areas with high humidity, adding more moisture won't help to cool you. As the humidity increases, the ability for them to cool the air effectively decreases. There was almost a fist fight between 2 adults at WDW one day because the child of one of them kept spraying and the spray was hitting the other adult.

Drink lots of ice cold water. Those neck cooler things like these work well and you can find them in the camping section at Wal Mart:
http://industrialsafetygear.com/hard...FQ4MDQodoWEUBA

As the cloths warm, get some ice water and soak it for a couple of minutes, then reuse. These are a lifesaver.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

I found some good shorts at Target. In fact, I need to go back and get them in the other colors now! Hurry up, soon all the stores will be selling winter parkas!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

Look at americanapparel.net. Their stuff is mostly made of cotton. There's probably a store in Philadelphia, but their internet store is good. Some of the dresses on there vaguely resemble some of the ones on athleta. I'm wearing the cotton spandex jersey bandeau dress right now, and I love how versatile it is. I really want about 4 more of them. I'm wearing mine the way the red one is tied. Anyway. Hope that helps!

I got some lightweight, quick drying capris at Old Navy earlier this summer. I bought some nicer ones at Anne Taylor Loft on clearance, but they are a little heavy weight for disney.
WDWAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
debsays
DIS Veteran

Coldwater Creek has some NICE lightweight capri's and they've been having a lot of summer items on sale as well. Also check out Kohl's if you have one near you. They've had LOTS on sale.
debsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
kckmom
Mouseketeer

Read from another poster about skorts from JC Penney, St. John's bay brand, about $20 and they are supposed to be comfy!

ME DD10 DD8 DD5

2005 Marriott Grande Vista
2007 Horizons Marriott
2009 Marriott Grande Vista
kckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckmom View Post
Read from another poster about skorts from JC Penney, St. John's bay brand, about $20 and they are supposed to be comfy!
They are comfortable. I've worn these on our WDW trips for the past 5 years.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I found long shorts (just above my knees and I'm tall) at Kohls that are light weight and perfect for my August trip. They are Nike brand and come in 3 different colors. I hate to wear shorter shorts and stick to the seats!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
DisneyDude61
Mouseketeer

how do you atop the shorts from bunching up when you walk, and then your thighs rubbing?
DisneyDude61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
micheleq
DIS Veteran

I love the look of the Athleta clothing too!

Gap should be having summer itmes on sale soon.

I got a pair of bermuda shorts (they fall just at the knee and have two side buttons so you can adjust the length of the short) at Target a month ago and I love them. They are the Merona brand and were $20. Very lightweight.

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #15
Mrs. Bradbury
It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!

If you do get dresses, I would suggest getting bike shorts to go under them. Well not bike shorts specifically, but those stretchy workout wear shorts. They come in lots of colors. Then you won't have to worry about getting in & out of rides, and depending on the length, they keep your thighs from rubbing together, too.

Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: