Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #106
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

What a fun filled day! I want to visit the T Shirt place at DTD for sure, looks like a lot of fun!

And Kona, my absolute favorite! Gosh I can't wait to eat there again in 6 weeks and a few days! Yum! Isn't that bread/butter amazing? I love their Shrimp Curry Soup too. Oh. So. Good. The Kona Cone looks fun!

Your boys are just so adorable! Poor kid though, having to wear a NY Yankees shirt.

Allyson, proud member of Red Sox Nation
Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #107
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I Love erics shirt!!

Sounds like a great second day. We are making personalized shirt ahead of time for my birthday but the funness of that store makes me want to wait!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #108
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Enjoying your TR. Poor Eric with the birds ... my sister still hates seagulls to this day. Kona Cafe looks delicious for dinner I have only eaten breakfast.

The design your own t-shirt looks like a fun activity. Great pics
Thanks! Kona is DELICIOUS, we love it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
What a fun filled day! I want to visit the T Shirt place at DTD for sure, looks like a lot of fun!

And Kona, my absolute favorite! Gosh I can't wait to eat there again in 6 weeks and a few days! Yum! Isn't that bread/butter amazing? I love their Shrimp Curry Soup too. Oh. So. Good. The Kona Cone looks fun!

Your boys are just so adorable! Poor kid though, having to wear a NY Yankees shirt.

Allyson, proud member of Red Sox Nation
Too funny about the yankees shirt Allyson! As you can tell we are a house divided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I Love erics shirt!!

Sounds like a great second day. We are making personalized shirt ahead of time for my birthday but the funness of that store makes me want to wait!
Thanks Nicole! The t-shirt design shop was fun but if it is crowded I could see it being more of a headache!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #109
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 3 part 1

Day three was our morning to head to Animal Kingdom! We had a before park opening reservation at the Tusker House! Both of the boys LOVE Donald!! We woke up and quickly got dressed. When I looked outside it was RAINING, our first encounter with the rain on this trip! In all honesty I was glad it was raining because I was hoping that the weather would change a bit and get a little cooler!

So we put our ponchos on...well everyone but Bryan and headed to the bus stop!

Bryan decided to take a seat while waiting! Funny, the ground was dry but the benches were WET!

Finally a bus arrived and we were on our way!

The whole process to check in was RIDICULOUS, this is the only park we have EVER had problems being let into the park early for! LEt me back up, our ressie was for 8:05, the earliest time. The rain intensified as soon as we got off the bus so we were running and splashing through puddles trying to get to the gate! We arrived at 7:45 which is usually the time they let you in. WELL they had a very nice but VERY SLOW older gentleman checking the names and of course the rain is smearing the paper he he had the names on! Well he says "I will just have to wait until the rain lets up a little and then I will start checking names again...WHAT!!! So about 5 minutes later (we are still standing in the POURING rain mind you) a woman comes by and says "what are you doing, let these people in!" THANK YOU LADY! So eventually by 8:10 we are let in! Of course EVERYONE is hightailing it over to the restaurant! We finally park the stroller and check in....

small rant! Why does EVERY member of a family need to get in line to check in? We always have 1 person check in and everyone else waits to the side! There must have been 40 people trying to check in strollers and all? I was baffled! OK rant over!

Once inside, the stressful, rainy beginning faded away and we smelled some delicious food!!!

Donald was first to our table and Eric was SO EXCITED because he had colored a picture for him! I was praying that Donald would have a good reaction because last year he didn't and Eric was so upset!

We were in luck, Donald LOVED it!

then it was Mickey's turn!

Then Goofy was up next!

This was funny, Matthew said as Goofy walked away "Goofy is Goofy" so he turned around and came back at Matthew and thumped him, I could only capture Eric's reaction, it was so funny!

Up next was my best girl!

All in all a GREAT breakfast! The characters are always so fast and furious here! At about 8:45 I asked for the bill. Bryan went outside to wait by the rope the have right across from Tusker House to run for some Expedition Everest fastpasses and the boys and I were going to meet him at Dinosaur! The bill came, we paid made a bathroom pitstop and when we came out, the rain had stopped and the sun and humidity had made a comeback!

The boys and I made it to the rope at about 8:55 and Bryan wasn't there? I couldn't imagine where he went! There were 2 other women waiting with us at the rope when a CM came over. One of the women asked the CM when he was going to drop the rope and he said once he sees the crowd coming our way. The woman then proceeds to tell the CM that a man wearing a Donald Duck shirt had gone under the rope about 5 minutes earlier! So the CM says, don't worry, I will find him!!!!! Ummm....HELLO here I am with my Daisy shirt and the boys have their Donald shirts on! It was Bryan and he was being HUNTED by park CM's!!!!!! Too funny!

Finally we met up at Dinosaur and of course Bryan was the 1st one at the fastpass machines and he beat us to Dinosaur!

The boys and the lawbreaker!

Our ride picture, we are in the back row!

We had so much fun and the wait was non-existent so we rode again! It was then time for our Expedition Everest fastpasses. Bryan hightailed it in front of us so he could fastpass Everest again before we rode!

We had a blast on Everest, we were in the very back seats!!

After Everest we decided to go on Kali River Rapids, on the way Matthew ran into a friend of his from his class! We rode on Kali and got SOAKED!

Then we went on Kali AGAIN!! After our 2nd ride, we went into the Expedition Everest gift shop to cool off for a bit before we used our 2nd fastpass!

The 2nd ride made me feel sick! I had enough! We decided to fastpass Kali for a 3rd ride and went to see if we could catch the Nemo show! Turns out we couldn't get into Nemo and by this point we were SO HOT and felt gross from being SO WET and HOT that we decided to head back to the resort and we never did use those Kali fastpasses, we gave them away instead!

We only waited a few minutes for a bus!

coming up next: the rest of our day and La Nouba!!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #110
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

GREAT update Diane, loved it! Man, that Bryan, WHAT A REBEL, Tim would totally respect that, I'll make sure he reads that update : ) Loved Eric's expression with Donald liking his picture, so precious and the picture of him after the Goofy thump was great too. Sorry EE made you sick, I feel the same way on that sometimes (I think we talked about that though). Great update, can't wait to read your LaNouba part.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #111
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That was ridiculous for the CM to stop checking off the names!!!

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Tusker House! I about died laughing over the shot you got with Bryan and his mouth crammed full of fruit (?). I bet he loves you sharing that one!

Bryan the Disney lawbreaker!!! Too funny!

I can totally sympathize with the heat element -- I think it is always worse at Animal Kingdom!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #112
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I remember this morning. The rain actually made it feel cool at first, then the humidity hit! I love Everest but I can not ride it twice in a row. Kali was a perfect cool off for the heat that day. We made the mistake of eating lunch at Pizzafari, the air wasn't working and my sister made that point over and over.

Eric's reactions are so cute! I miss my kids being that young, enjoy it to the fullest.

Ready for the next update.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #113
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Great update. Tusker House breakfast is excellent isn't it? I agree the characters are fast and furious . Nice shirt BTW. Laughing about Bryan sneaking under the rope and beating you to Dinosaur, good job. Youall got soaked on Kali. Looked like a great day so far. Looking forward to hearing about La Nouba.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #114
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Loving your trip report! We're staying at Saratoga in 3 short weeks for the first time & have requested Grandstands area as well - I hope we get it! We also have ADR's at Tusker House for the first time this trip - happy to hear a good review on it! Can't wait to hear more!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #115
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Diane, I spent a bit trying to remember that rain... gosh I forgot it was raining that morning! I want to hit Tusker House again, but that was a bummer about getting in so slowly....I totally agree about the crazy check in lines! Fun times!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #116
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Ha ha! Love Eric's reaction to Goofy coming back to him!!!

I can't believe Bryan tucked under the rope! LOL What a daring daring man you have there!

I cannot believe Matthew found someone from his class! Us Jersey and Pennsylvania people almost always run into someone we know down there, don't we??!!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #117
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Grat trip report. Don't you just LOVE tattletales!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #118
Jeanine3kids
Mouseketeer

LOL about Bryan!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #119
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Another excellent review Diane!!! I am kicking myself that we never made ADR's for Tusker House, all the reviews that I've read have been great!!

Eric is killing me These are times you will look back on and love The bird story made me laugh so hard my coffee came out of my nose Torturing our children is all part of being a parent, my dd is 16 turning 17 in October and I still torment her, it's sport for me
Old 07-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #120
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Love the Tusker House review, we can't wait to go there in Sept! How sneaky going under the rope - I can't believe someone told on him though! I bet she was a tattletale in elementary school too. You are so quick with the updates - love that!!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: