Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #91
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

What a full day of fun....seems like it should have been more than one day! Love the IG entrance to Epcot. Thanks for the pics of my favorite - Y&BC!!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #92
pmama
DIS Veteran

Always frustrating to get trapped on a bus for such a short distance. That happened to us taking a bus from TL to DTD. Even though they are right next to eachother we were on the bus for over an hour. Glad the MK bus and boat to Poly made it up to you though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #93
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Fantastic updates!! I am so impressed with how well your hasband adheres to his diabetic diet!! Kudos to him!!
Your kids just keep getting cuter and Erics comments definately made me lol!! Love, love, love all your great pictures!!
Looking forward to more!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #94
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I see I missed the 3rd part to your update earlier

I get chills too seeing you guys in front of monorail. But like you said, it is nice that you got to experience that that night, as likely will not happen again

Your bus ride back sounds hilarious

What a funny guy Eric is ...He is too cute
Old 07-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #95
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

OMG! Eric is one funny kid!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #96
polkadotsuitcase
Disney-loving mom!

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Love reading this report -- and your kids are adorable!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #97
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Great update Diane, loved it! Poor Eric, but I couldn't help but laughing, I bet it would have been hysterical to see- wish Bryan would have gotten that on video : ) I hear ya on the DTD bus, it takes so incredibly long! Stinks about the driver, I can just imagine his face when they pulled away after chasing the bus in that heat. Kona looked awesome - one place we didn't hit this trip and need to when we return - I agree- KIDS MEAL OPTIONS and DESERTS STINK!!! They really need to add more variety. Glad you were able to use some of the FP's and that someone actually gave up a seat for you, but stinks the stroller was hitting you in the face- yuck! Can't wait to hear more, enjoying it, great job.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #98
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Poor Eric with the birds!!! I can't help but laugh at the mental image it conjures up though!

I always hear such horror stories about the DtD buses -- that's why we always drive over there.

Dinner at Kona looks delicious! You know Connor and I agree about the kids' meals and desserts! Hurray for getting to ride up front in the monorail! We did it back in 2007, but even if Disney continues to allow it, I don't think I will ever let the kids do it again!

Looking forward to Animal Kingdom!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #99
Jeanine3kids
Mouseketeer

Great Update I love your pictures of BC that is my favorite resort I have only 8 more days until I return there, my kids love it so much that they don't care if they go to the parks because of all the stuff thats going on there last time we had to drag them to the parks it was hysterical. I think its so funny how your older son looks just like you and your younger son looks just like your husband LOL.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #100
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Loved reading your report. I started having nightmares again about transportation after reading the update. When we were there in Apr 2008, the transportation was HORRIBLE!! I am going to write a TR about that trip. I am hoping to start it this weekend and I will go into more detail about our transportation nightmare!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #101
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

So sorry I didn't see your post asking me about the postcard before I mentioned it myself. Thank you SO much! I had forgotten about this and Amelia was just beyond thrilled over it. You really made her day!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #102
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Great update Diane! Can't wait to see the shirts the boys made. Too funny about the birds.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #103
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Diane,
Loved the update. Looks like you had a great morning at Epcot! The pics are great too. I guess Matthew didn't like Beverly . So did you like R&C? Looking at the pics probably not my cup of tea.
Hi Nichole! I did like the Rose and Crown! It would be GREAT for dinner and Illuminations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
That design a tee shop looks great! We have to visit there on our next trip.

Ok the attack birds...I would have done the exact same thing if it was one of my kids. I believe I may have done something similar once or twice already We have to get our laughs anyway we can, right
The boys had so much fun designing their T-shirts! Yes, sometimes it is necessary to laugh AT our children!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Enjoying your update

Poor Eric with the birds

Design your tee looks like fun. Will have to check that out for sure

I can't believe that bus driver waved and then drove off...I would have ran after it too, saying a few choice words

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kona

Is that cotton candy in that ice cream cone? That looks so good
Hi Kelly! The whole bird thing was SO FUNNY! Yes, that is cotton candy in the cone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Your EPCOT day sounds like it went great! How crazy about your DTD to SSR transportation. To the resort RIGHT next to DTD. Looking forward to finding out if you ever did find that path.

Cute that your boys tshirts are enemys. NY Yankees & NY Mets. Talk about a house divided.
Yes, we are a house divided when it come to baseball, makes for some very interesting games!! We did eventually find the path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Another fun day! The front Monorail ride gives me chills just seeing your pictures, I doubt that will happen anymore.

Kona again looks so yummy--- it is on our list for sure soon!

I want to see the boys shirts... that is a fun thing for that age!

Glad you got to use your FPs from the AM.
Thanks Laura! I agree, they probably will no longer allow front of the monorail riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Subscribing. I read your report last year and it was great! I cannot believe 15 days in Disney! That would be fabulous. DH would die. He will indulge me a few days/possibly a week each year but that is it.

Looking forward to the next installment.

ERika
WELCOME BACK Erika!! I am glad you joined us again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Wow, you had a really fun and busy day! We were also in Epcot but we never made it to WS at all until evening. I don't think HOT even describes this day

I can't wait to see how the shirts turn out--my kids wanted to do it but we just didn't squeeze it in.

I know just how you feel about the monorail pictures-we have some from when we rode up front and it's unsettling to look at them now.
I agree HOT doesn't begin to describe it! Maybe you could do the t-shirts next trip, the boys used their own money and really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Wow what a busy day! I'm laughing with you about Eric and the bird. The things he says and does! Is he the class clown too, or does it just come naturally?

Nothing is worse than being in a hurry to get somewhere and the bus making so many stops. Coming back from Animal Kingdom our bus stopped at Blizzard Beach. My sister had a drink in a cup, (I know no eating or drinking on the bus) she had it sitting on the raised area where the tire is, fell asleep and as I was drifting off too she lost her grasp on it spilling it on both of us! What a rude way to be woken up! We still laugh about it and she was only allowed to bring water bottles with closed caps on the buses after that. Her excuse was she would never have fallen asleep if we had just gone straight back to the resort without the extra stop.

We missed out on making shirts, so much to do and not enough time. I can't wait to see your finished products.
That story about your sister is HILARIOUS!!! Yes, Eric keeps us all laughing! You would be surprised to learn that he is VERY quiet and shy in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
AWWW That sounds like such a great day!! Can't wait to see the Tshirts!!! And really enjoyed your pics!!! Great ones! With the "BAD BAD Bird scene" it is soooooooooo hard to keep a straight face and not laugh with/about kids sometimes, especially when it is something that is clearly serious to them and it really is just so funny and not at all serious.. "bad mommy"!!!!

You all have smiles the whole time, so even with the bus "blues" a few times you all look like everyone was in high spirits!!!

Yes, the DTD bus in general is a pain b/c of all those dang stops! The boat from SSR does work well, not sure if you ever took the boat launch, but it is close to one of the DTD bus stops... GREAT POST!!!
Thanks so much! Thank goodness he regained his composure fairly quick! The boat was DEFINITELY a better option!!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #104
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
What a full day of fun....seems like it should have been more than one day! Love the IG entrance to Epcot. Thanks for the pics of my favorite - Y&BC!!
It was a fun day overall! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Always frustrating to get trapped on a bus for such a short distance. That happened to us taking a bus from TL to DTD. Even though they are right next to eachother we were on the bus for over an hour. Glad the MK bus and boat to Poly made it up to you though.
It was SO frustrating and yes, the evening transportation really made up for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Fantastic updates!! I am so impressed with how well your hasband adheres to his diabetic diet!! Kudos to him!!
Your kids just keep getting cuter and Erics comments definately made me lol!! Love, love, love all your great pictures!!
Looking forward to more!
Thanks Sunnie! You know, I was really proud of Bryan too, there was temtation EVERYWHERE and he really knew his limits. Not easy on a 15 day vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I see I missed the 3rd part to your update earlier

I get chills too seeing you guys in front of monorail. But like you said, it is nice that you got to experience that that night, as likely will not happen again

Your bus ride back sounds hilarious

What a funny guy Eric is ...He is too cute
Thanks Kelly! That bus ride was definitely crazy! Eric is one funny kid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
OMG! Eric is one funny kid!!!!
Thanks, he sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotsuitcase View Post
Love reading this report -- and your kids are adorable!
Thanks and WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Great update Diane, loved it! Poor Eric, but I couldn't help but laughing, I bet it would have been hysterical to see- wish Bryan would have gotten that on video : ) I hear ya on the DTD bus, it takes so incredibly long! Stinks about the driver, I can just imagine his face when they pulled away after chasing the bus in that heat. Kona looked awesome - one place we didn't hit this trip and need to when we return - I agree- KIDS MEAL OPTIONS and DESERTS STINK!!! They really need to add more variety. Glad you were able to use some of the FP's and that someone actually gave up a seat for you, but stinks the stroller was hitting you in the face- yuck! Can't wait to hear more, enjoying it, great job.
Lesley
You can laugh, I did!! I was so happy that we got a seat on that VERY crowded bus!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Poor Eric with the birds!!! I can't help but laugh at the mental image it conjures up though!

I always hear such horror stories about the DtD buses -- that's why we always drive over there.

Dinner at Kona looks delicious! You know Connor and I agree about the kids' meals and desserts! Hurray for getting to ride up front in the monorail! We did it back in 2007, but even if Disney continues to allow it, I don't think I will ever let the kids do it again!

Looking forward to Animal Kingdom!
Thanks Jackie! They really need to overhaul the kids menus!! I agree, I don't think we'll ever do it again either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine3kids View Post
Great Update I love your pictures of BC that is my favorite resort I have only 8 more days until I return there, my kids love it so much that they don't care if they go to the parks because of all the stuff thats going on there last time we had to drag them to the parks it was hysterical. I think its so funny how your older son looks just like you and your younger son looks just like your husband LOL.
Thanks Jeanine! Yeah for 8 more days!! Everyone says that about me and Matthew and Bryan and Eric! Too funny about your kids and the pool, it IS SO TRUE though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Loved reading your report. I started having nightmares again about transportation after reading the update. When we were there in Apr 2008, the transportation was HORRIBLE!! I am going to write a TR about that trip. I am hoping to start it this weekend and I will go into more detail about our transportation nightmare!
Isn't funny how transporatation can have such a HUGE impact on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
So sorry I didn't see your post asking me about the postcard before I mentioned it myself. Thank you SO much! I had forgotten about this and Amelia was just beyond thrilled over it. You really made her day!
It was my pleasure, I am so glad it made her happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Great update Diane! Can't wait to see the shirts the boys made. Too funny about the birds.
Thanks Tammy!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #105
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR. Poor Eric with the birds ... my sister still hates seagulls to this day. Kona Cafe looks delicious for dinner I have only eaten breakfast.

The design your own t-shirt looks like a fun activity. Great pics

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: