Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #497
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Aruba!! Enjoy yourself. We'll be here waiting. :

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #498
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Man, I can't believe how far behind I was!!! First off, I really don't want to forget to tell you how impressed I am with your Bolt drawing!! Great job!

Your dinner at Narcoossee's looked so yummy! The boys looked so nice in their matching outfits and you all looked so nice together!! I really enjoyed the walk between SSR and DTD. Nice way to wind down a bit before you got back to the room.

Loved your photopass pictures!! They are all fantastic! The black and white ones of you and Brian are stunning!!! Your boys just seem so close and like they really love/like eachother. That shows great parenting!!

It's so funny that you anf Lesley were kidding about stalking each other, as it almost seemed that way. How fun those unexpected/unplanned meetings can turn out to be though.

I am excited about trying Le Cellier in September. Yummmm!! How was the chocolate mousse bye the way? I plan to let my grandsons eat most of my desserts and thought they might like that one.

Since my grandsons are only 1 and 3 I have time before we will be doing KP missions, but how funny that the phone kept ringing.

One thing I really like about your boys is that even if they get a tiny bit moody, it only takes a few minutes and something simple to get them smiling again! What a good Mom you were to give up WPC for SFDI.

Are you going to do a trip report about Aruba? I would love to see one!!!!
Thanks Sunnie, you are too kind! The chocolate moose was YUMMY! It did seem like we were stalking each other, but it was mutual! Thanks for the comments about the boys, for the most part they are good kids, they do have their moments though! I don't think I'll do a whole TR for Arube, but I will definitely share some pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanie View Post
I just love your trip report!! Have fun in Aruba. We will want to hear all about it!
Thanks so much! Thanks for reading/posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We have started football practice too, and it's so hot! How awesome you are going to Aruba! I on the other hand am going back to school! You have a great time, are you taking the boys?
Thanks Anita! WOW..back to school already! We start on 9/2! Yes, the boys are coming to Aruba!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Wow! ARUBA??!! Jealous!!!!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
ARUBA??? You lucky duck. I hope you have a fabulous time!
Thanks Amy, we are going with Bryan's family, should be lots of fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Have a wonderful trip down to Aruba!!!
Thanks Jackie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That storm was crazy, wasn't it

How nice you are going to Aruba. Have fun!!!!

Thanks Kelly! I hope you made out OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlamar View Post
Great TR! Can't wait to hear the ending & very jealous of your Aruba trip! Have a fab time!
We too had a very bad experience with Brown derby...waited 30 min & no one was in the restaurant. Our waitress was constantly at our table then she disappeared for 45 min Well we ended up being late for our Fantasmic show-so much for paying for the package...will not be going back again!
WOW! Your HBD story is horrible! What is going on with that place? Thanks for reading and posting!!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #499
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You have a pina colado in Aruba, I'll have one in Disneyworld and we'll pretend we're having them together

Enjoy your trip my friend
Sounds good!!!! If I don't "talk" to you again have a WONDERFUL trip and be sure to tell your DD that she MUST take pictures!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #500
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Aruba!! Enjoy yourself. We'll be here waiting. :
Thanks so much!!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #501
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Sounds good!!!! If I don't "talk" to you again have a WONDERFUL trip and be sure to tell your DD that she MUST take pictures!!!!
Thank you so much I will tell her again, I'll tell her everyday...."remember what Diane said, lots and lots and lots of pictures"

You guys have a safe and wonderful holiday in Aruba, we'll have a ton of catching up to do when we both get back.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #502
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip Diane! We leave tomorrow and I told myself I have too much to do to be catching up on the boards but I just HAD to be here. Too bad about HBD. I agree with Queen. I don't think we'll ever be eating there either. Love the "chat" you had to have with Eic at Sci Fi. I keep warning Mini Montana(4) that she best be on her best behaviour or there's no pool time! Seems every day she cries when I say she can't do whatever it is she is asking. Hopefully we'll nip it the bud but I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of "attitude adjustment" conversations while we're away. Hoping for some pixie dust to change the behaviour Love that you and Leslie were wearing the same shirt....kindred spirits! Sounds like you had an awesome day at HS. Is Brian going to review WP for us? Tell him what a great job Tim did and that it's his duty to the disIf he won't maybe Matthew would

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #503
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

just got all caught up. im loving your report. sounds like you had a great trip. have fun in Aruba
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #504
I<3stitch626
Mouseketeer

Great photo pass pics!! Is the cd worth it? I've been toying with the idea of getting it for our next trip.

Also great job drawing Bolt! So excited to check out the animation class my trip! (being a disney animator is my dream job )

sounds/looks like a great trip!! So fun you guys got to meet up with other dis members! Kids look like they had a great time!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #505
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=I<3stitch626;33070436]
Quote:
Great photo pass pics!! Is the cd worth it? I've been toying with the idea of getting it for our next trip.
Sorry Diane but I'm hijacking for just a minute, hope you don't mind....
We have been lucky enough to find a group to do a photo pass share. It makes it well worth the money! I think we've paid about $20 to join!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #506
I<3stitch626
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=wigdoutdismom;33072326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3stitch626 View Post

We have been lucky enough to find a group to do a photo pass share. It makes it well worth the money! I think we've paid about $20 to join!
Wow that's great! and def worth it! Wish we could do that with groups just not sure if for a group of 4 it would be worth it
thanks!
sorry for the
Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #507
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Thank you so much I will tell her again, I'll tell her everyday...."remember what Diane said, lots and lots and lots of pictures"

You guys have a safe and wonderful holiday in Aruba, we'll have a ton of catching up to do when we both get back.
Thanks so much! happy and safe travels to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Have a great trip Diane! We leave tomorrow and I told myself I have too much to do to be catching up on the boards but I just HAD to be here. Too bad about HBD. I agree with Queen. I don't think we'll ever be eating there either. Love the "chat" you had to have with Eic at Sci Fi. I keep warning Mini Montana(4) that she best be on her best behaviour or there's no pool time! Seems every day she cries when I say she can't do whatever it is she is asking. Hopefully we'll nip it the bud but I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of "attitude adjustment" conversations while we're away. Hoping for some pixie dust to change the behaviour Love that you and Leslie were wearing the same shirt....kindred spirits! Sounds like you had an awesome day at HS. Is Brian going to review WP for us? Tell him what a great job Tim did and that it's his duty to the disIf he won't maybe Matthew would
Thanks! Yes, Eric was quick to respond and starightened up! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Bryan didn't take pictures, but they LOVED there meals and said he would DEFINITELY go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
just got all caught up. im loving your report. sounds like you had a great trip. have fun in Aruba
Thanks so much, glad you are all caught up!

Quote:

Also great job drawing Bolt! So excited to check out the animation class my trip! (being a disney animator is my dream job )

sounds/looks like a great trip!! So fun you guys got to meet up with other dis members! Kids look like they had a great time!
Thanks so much, it was GREAT spending time with Lesley, Tim and the kids! I thought the photopass CD was worth it, I preordered it so it was less expensive....you just need to make sure you stop to have your pictures taken!

[QUOTE=wigdoutdismom;33072326]
Quote:

I don't mind, and I agree 100%

[QUOTE=I<3stitch626;33076704]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

Wow that's great! and def worth it! Wish we could do that with groups just not sure if for a group of 4 it would be worth it
thanks!
sorry for the
No problem...good luck!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #508
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 11

Hi everyone...sorry for the delay but here is Day 11! I have to preface this installment by saying that this was one of my FAVORITE days of the trip, just a fun day!

The day started with us heading to the Artist palette for breakfast! After breakfast, we decided to walk to the Springs bus stop because it was closer than going back to Grandstand! I was nervous though because sometimes if the bus is full they will skip the Springs altogether!

It was raining when we headed over! I text Lesley, because I knew they were heading to Epcot and so were we! They were at the Grandstand waiting so I told her to save us seats! It worked out great, Tim had put his poor bum knee up on a row of seats for us! (thanks, Tim!) We all got on the bus and we were off to Epcot!

Here is our group walking in!

Lauren was riding in style!

We had arrived about 10 am and because of the rain we decided to not even fastpass Test Track because we knew it would be down alot because of the weather! So we decided to head to Innoventions! The kids had fun trying out the different games...

Lesley had mentioned how much fun the Velcro show was so we all decided to give it a try! There was about a 20 minute wait so Tim and Bryan waited by the Velcro show and Lesley the kids and I tried to do the Where's the Fire game but there was a wait for that too so we headed back to the Velcro game to wait!

The boys looking at some fire info...

Everyone waiting...

We walked into the show and there was our 2 families and maybe 1 or 2 other families! Our kids got picked to participate in a building block game, it was the big kids against the little kids!

It was ADORABLE! Poor Eric and Lauren, they would get theirs so high and then it would tumble down and Matthew and Luke were slower but theirs stayed steady!

Here is a video of some of it!

Everyone was a winner though! The next up was Tim! This was HILARIOUS! I hope Lesley posts the video! Tim and another dad had to race against the clock to diaper and attach the babies bottle to the baby in a certain amount of time! They had to stick the babies to an apron that they were wearing and whoever had the most babies won! The babies were on this conveyor belt and it was SO FUNNY watching those little babies flip around on it!

The finished product!

After that we went over to another fun station that you could create your own video game!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #509
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 11 continued!

So we were off to the make your own video stations! We had a BLAST doing this! First you are sent to a station to be recorded running, jumping and doing a victory dance!

Then when you are done, you can go over to another station and actually play your game with you in it! SO MUCH FUN! Here is Matthew jumping in his game!

Here is Bryan in his...

After the videos, we said goodbye to Lesley, Tim and the kids as we had Coral Reef reservations, no worries, we would see them later!! We were on our way to the Coral Reef when Bryan saw this sign and no line!

He wanted to do it so we stopped and watched!

A happy Bryan when he was done!

It was time for us to start making our way over to the Coral reef but we made one more pitstop here first!

The queue for this is SO CUTE! SO LONG but SO CUTE!

Silly Eric pretending to be underwater...

Some ride pictures...

Our attempt at a self portrait...

I wanted to do this, but there was NO TIME...BUMMER!

With that, we went over to check in at the Coral Reef! I was nervous and hoping we wouldn't get Rico as our server. Lesley and Tim had him a few nights back and just had a HORRIBLE experience!

When I checked in, I asked for a tankside table!

Bryan waiting!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

Old 08-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #510
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 11 continued again

Thankfully we were given a tankside table and Rico WAS NOT our server! As Matthew would say "Thank Lord"!

My guys at our table...

Some pictures from lunch!

Eric trying Mahi Mahi...GO ERIC!

look at this guy!

There was a turtle just sitting at the bottom of the tank and it looked fake BUT everyso often it looked real so then we panicked and thought maybe it was DEAD!!!! We were so obsessed with this turtle that I took NO food pictures sorry!

Finally after a little while MUCH to our delight the turtle woke up and swam away!

Dead looking....

HOORAY!

Overall it was a funfilled lunch and we had decent meals! After our bellies were full, we went back to Innovention to complete another game recommended by Lesley! It was called Don't Waste It! It was all based on how much garbage your family produces and how recycling can help build many things!

Basically you got to choose a team name and you were given a miniature garbage truck which the boys LOVED and you had to take it to 3-4 different stations to sort your garbage...

It was GREAT and we all loved it! It showed how much energy we generated from disposing of our garbage in certain ways...

At the end we were given a certificate for our greatness!

After our garbage adventure it was on to the World Showcase to head to Norway to ride Malstrom!

It was GORGEOUS outside! It was VERY overcast but it was beautiful, not at all humid or hot! PERFECT!

Some Malstrom pictures! For some reason Matthew was apprehensive to ride, I guess the fear of the unknown!

We had a fun ride! Matthew decided it was no big deal! At this point we decided to head out, we wanted the boys to make some Goofy treats and use some snack credits!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: