Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #316
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't responded to you all yet. We are having a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom tomorrow and I have been extremely busy with that! I will try to update and respond on Sunday! I hope you understand!

Diane
No apologies required.....we aren't going anywhere, your trip report is far too much fun.

Have fun at the surprise party....be sure to wish your mom all the best from your Dis friends.....don't stress too too much, just enjoy!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #317
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

No worries!

It is a lot of work to plan a party and even more to plan a surprise party IMO. Have fun at the surprise party!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #318
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope your mom has a wonderful 60th birthday party!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #319
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Hope the party is wonderful! We will be waiting for the next update to see what magic happens! What a sweet daughter you are... parties are a ton of work!
Old 07-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #320
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Have fun at the party! We will be waiting patiently for you to return.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:35 AM   #321
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Happy 60th birthday to your Mom!! Hope you have fun at the party!

lol at the "fist of fury". Kids are too funny sometimes!

I loved the disneyland speedways there used to be 2 that intersected. One was the fantasyland side, one was the tomorrowland side). I think it was the allure of being able to drive, since I grew up before all of the electric cars that kids have now. My daughter loved it when she was young also. Fast forward. Last year we went to wdw for the irst time. My daughter was so excited and went at rope drop to bring my grandson (just turned 3) on. He hated it! He said, "this is boring, I want to go on Buzz Lightyear." You know we couldn't get him to ride it at all on our second trip in April. "No way, that's the boring ride."

What a great morning you had! I can't believe you could get everyone up after your late night! Way to go!!

Looking forward to hearing about your date night! Oh and birds always poop at the most inappropriate times. Try owning a cockatiel!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #322
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Phew - all caught up again! You go fast! (I use to be like that - don't know what happened )

I'm glad you got your meal with the princesses.

What a special evening you guys had at California Grill! I may just have to consider adding that to my (ever growing) list!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #323
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

No worries

I hope your mom had an awesome birthday
Old 07-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #324
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
I also love Splash and dislike IndySpeedway
You got some nice,clear pictures of Splash--good thing "the fist of fury" didn't get you
I had never before taken pictures on Splash, so it was something I really wanted to do! Yes the fist of fury was good to avoid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Ha ha!! Fist of fury!!! LOL

EEeewwww to duck poo poo!
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
at the duck poop. i love it. The ducks really need to get better bathroom manners.

Sounds like a wonderful MK day Phillarmagic is our favorite too! I like to watch the kids more then the movie, they are so cute.

Sounds like a great trip so far, can't wait to hear about date night.
It was a GREAT day and the duck poop was so GROSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Congratulations on not having to duck under a rope today.
Thanks we felt so wholesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The duck poop incident is too funny!

I completely agree with you about the race cars in the MK. It takes forever and it isn't fun.
I am glad I am not alone in my dislike for the Indy Speedway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I agree 100% with you on that Indy ride....I have never gone and never will. When Jasmine was 6 my BIL took her and Purplepeg and I people watched.

Too funny about the ducks.....I was crying I was laughing so hard

Can't wait to hear about date night.....
You are lucky you avoided the Speedway! The duck were definitely comical in a GROSS sort of way!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #325
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
I'm with Eric, ducks are gross!
Yes, they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Ugh! I hate the race cars. I think I got whip lash in November when I let me DD drive. When she wanted to go again I volunteered her Daddy for that ride.

The rest of the day seemed to go smooth and looked like a lot of fun.

The parade looks so nice, can't wait to see it in person.

Hooray for date night!
Smart volunteering daddy for a 2nd ride! The parade was FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Fun update, you certainly accomplished a lot that morning.

Ah, yes, the Speedway. This was an addiction of my younger son. He is now 13 and from the age of 5 (our first trip) until just last year, he insisted on going on this ride. Finally last year he really did not care. I agree, it is smelly and loud. Once a trip is more than enough for me. So, hang in there for a couple of more years!!
OH, I CANNOT wait until I don't have to ride anymore! We did accomplish alot that morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Also never go on the Indy ride

Love the pics at the Roy statue. Really cute!
Thanks so much, I LOVE that statue too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I am with you on the Speedway.....Boring

That parade looks cute

Can't wait to hear about your date night

Oh....Duck story...
Thanks Kelly! The ducks we quite interesting that afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Great update! I don't care for the Indy Speedway either.... Too funny about the ducks!
Thanks Tammy! I am so happy there are other Indy haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I know exactly what you mean about the race cars!!!

How nice of the birds to decorate the bus stop!
Too funny Jackie, they must of sensed it would be comedy hour if they emptied themselves right by Eric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
My kids love the Speedway too. It is a bit perplexing isn't it? But you deserve extra mommy points for taking them on the ride in the first place.
Thanks! I thought I deserved some points too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
We had lots of ducks at ASMu bus stop last year at MK. I was surprised at how brave they were too and then to poop! What's that all about? I guess they figured...no food...that's what we think about that

The Speedway. Not my favourite either but sorta fun when the 9 yr old is looking around and turning the steering wheel as she does itI kept screaming "ahhh, I'm gonna die, you're trying to kill me, watch the road!!" She thought it was hilarious

The parade looks fun.

Hmmm, date night, can't wait to hear about that
Thanks! What we don't do for kids right! Too cute how you played along on the speedway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
I think the car ride is a guy thing. Great pics of Splash and the parade. I hadn't seen any pics of the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate parade yet.

Gross ducks ... of all the places they could go to the bathroom ... why right in front of the bus stop. Can't wait to hear about date night.
Thanks, we thought it was amazing the aim the ducks had too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Duck poo, not so magical! LOL! And my kids love the Speedway too, esp my son. It is that allure of being able to drive that sucks them in!

Allyson
You are SO right Allyson, NOT SO MAGICAL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great pictures of the parade. Is this the 3:00 parade or the one that happens several times during the day? I cannot remember what I read.

Thanks,
Erika
Thanks Erika! It is the one that takes place several times each day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Whew....just got caught up using the cheat links!
Loved the pictures of Cali Grill, isn't it amazing what Disney does to our emotions?
Magic Kingdom empty pictures the next day, does it get any better?
Well then there is the duck poop, what can I say, I think they are cute, but I'll pass on the poop. Baylor and Marc would have loved it though, they would have been rolling the whole way back to the resort....
Yay for cheat links! Cali Grill was AWESOME, ducks.... not so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great update Diane. I despise TL Speedway too it's boring and it stinks. Maybe i liked it when I was 6 though. Kaylee is still complaining that me and her didn't get to ride because of the thunderstorm. I love the parade pics. Anyway I'm about Eric and his first of fury. Also the bird crap story is funny too. Eric sounds a lot like Thomas.
Yay another Indy hater! Eric loves to wield that fist of fury! If Thomas is anything like Eric you must be on alert constantly!!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #326
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No apologies required.....we aren't going anywhere, your trip report is far too much fun.

Have fun at the surprise party....be sure to wish your mom all the best from your Dis friends.....don't stress too too much, just enjoy!!!!!
You are so sweet, thanks so much! The party was GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
No worries!

It is a lot of work to plan a party and even more to plan a surprise party IMO. Have fun at the surprise party!
Thank you! She was SO SURPRISED, it was a GREAT day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hope your mom has a wonderful 60th birthday party!!!
Thanks Jackie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Hope the party is wonderful! We will be waiting for the next update to see what magic happens! What a sweet daughter you are... parties are a ton of work!
Thanks Laura, it was a TON of work but SO worth it to see her face when she walked in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Have fun at the party! We will be waiting patiently for you to return.
Thanks so much ANita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Happy 60th birthday to your Mom!! Hope you have fun at the party!

lol at the "fist of fury". Kids are too funny sometimes!

I loved the disneyland speedways there used to be 2 that intersected. One was the fantasyland side, one was the tomorrowland side). I think it was the allure of being able to drive, since I grew up before all of the electric cars that kids have now. My daughter loved it when she was young also. Fast forward. Last year we went to wdw for the irst time. My daughter was so excited and went at rope drop to bring my grandson (just turned 3) on. He hated it! He said, "this is boring, I want to go on Buzz Lightyear." You know we couldn't get him to ride it at all on our second trip in April. "No way, that's the boring ride."

What a great morning you had! I can't believe you could get everyone up after your late night! Way to go!!

Looking forward to hearing about your date night! Oh and birds always poop at the most inappropriate times. Try owning a cockatiel!!
Thanks Sunnie! Too cute about your grandson and Indy being boring, I am WITH him! I cannot imagine owning a bird, you are definitely braver than I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Phew - all caught up again! You go fast! (I use to be like that - don't know what happened )

I'm glad you got your meal with the princesses.

What a special evening you guys had at California Grill! I may just have to consider adding that to my (ever growing) list!
Hi Carissa, I am glad you caught up! I am going kind of fast because there are so many days to get through! Give yourself some slack, you just uprooted your whle life, NOT EASY! I hope things are going well and the boys are OK not seeing Chuck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
No worries

I hope your mom had an awesome birthday
Thanks Kelly!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #328
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I was behind a bit so I am glad there wasn't much action the past few days!!

That said, I am sooooooooooo with you on that tomorrow land speedway!!! Gads, talk about neck ache... with my 4 year old steering it was comical, took 15 minutes just to get around one loop! Yep, agreed! WE have not been to see Phillharmagic, STILLLLLLLLLLLLLL..... I have got to make that a priority in December!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE POC! Can't wait to hear about Date night! Looks like you guys had a nice morning at MK -- EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW on the Duck poop! I am with your DS!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #329
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah for pulling off the surprise party!! I love when a plan comes together....it's hard to keep the secret sometimes, but in the end all worth it to see the look on their face
Thanks so much, it was a GREAT party and SO worth all the stress to see her ssurprised face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I was behind a bit so I am glad there wasn't much action the past few days!!

That said, I am sooooooooooo with you on that tomorrow land speedway!!! Gads, talk about neck ache... with my 4 year old steering it was comical, took 15 minutes just to get around one loop! Yep, agreed! WE have not been to see Phillharmagic, STILLLLLLLLLLLLLL..... I have got to make that a priority in December!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE POC! Can't wait to hear about Date night! Looks like you guys had a nice morning at MK -- EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW on the Duck poop! I am with your DS!!!
Hi there! I understand about being behind, I am behind on alot of the TR's I follow too! Glad you are all caught up now!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #330
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

End of day 7 DATE NIGHT!!!!

So we left off leaving the Magic Kingdom! We went back to SSR and relaxed for a bit! We showered and then it was time to head to the Beach Club! We were going to drop the boys off at The Sandcastle Kids Club while Bryan and I enjoyed a dinner alone at the Yachtsman Steakhouse! We decided to catch a bus to DTD from SSR and then hop a Beach Club bus from there! We got SO LUCKY and as soon as we pulled into DTD a Beach Club/Yacht Club bus pulled up! We arrived at the Beach Club and took some pictures, this resort is BEAUTIFUL!

I loved these chairs!

We then walked down the hallway and I took this picture! LOVE the theming!

We made it to the kids club and dropped the boys off!

The boys happy to be there!

As soon as we got into the kids club, the boys were GONE, off to play! I guess they weren't going to miss us too much!!!

We left the Beach Club and walked a bit outside over to the Yacht Club and snapped this photo of SAB!

We had arrived at our destination!

We took this VERY close up shot of ourselves before we were buzzed to sit!

When we sat down we were handed our menus! They were personalized to say Happy Anniversary! It was GREAT! Sorry if the pic. is blurry, it is at the top by the rose!

Bryan waiting to order!

We were given a basket of bread with yummy butter and olive oil dipping sauce! The atmosphere wasn't as upscale as I thought it would be, which was a little disappointing given that it was our anniversary! We were sat near the back which was nice but there was a SCREAMING child (NOT A BABY) seated not to far away and I couldn't believe no one in that party took that child out to calm her down. She was the only child with 6 ADULTS!! I understand that kids fuss but this went on for 20 minutes! Needless to say it sucked the romance right out of the evening! Once she stopped it was smooth sailing for the rest of the meal and we really enjoyed ourselves!!!

My appetizer was the tomato salad which was HANDS DOWN the BEST appetizer I had the ENTIRE trip, it was TO DIE FOR......

Bryan had the seafood salad which he LOVED!

I didn't take pictures of our entrees, I had the NY Strip which I thought was just OK and Bryan had the Cowboy steak which he RAVED about for days! We both enjoyed some wine with our meals!

I LOVED the decor in the restaurant, here is a pic. of the lamps........

For dessert, I had the trio of chocolate which was AMAZING!

Bryan had the no sugar added mango cheesecake........

Our server also brought out a special anniversary dessert plate which we thought was so nice!

Overall, we had a wonderful meal minus the wailing child in the beginning, the food was good but I liked California Grill better, Bryan LOVED his meal at Yachtsman, he said it was his favorite of the trip!

We were SO FULL, that we decided to take a walk around the Boardwalk area! We snapped some pics. along the way!

Here is a funny story, we were walking along by the Yacht Club Marina and we saw all of these boats, it was so quiet and hardly anyone was around. We came across this one boat and it had a huge banner along the back of it that said "Happy Anniversary" i turned and looked at Bryan and said " YOU..DID..NOT.." and then he looked at me very seriously and said " I....DID....NOT!!!" TOO FUNNY, I was laughing SO HARD! I really thought he had done something crazy, he felt bad about it though after he saw how excited I got!!!! I am sorry I thought I took pictures but then realized I took them with my phone!! We still joke about this all the time!!!

After our NON boat ride, we decided to just relax on the beach in front of the Beach Club! Bryan took it quite literally!!

It was such a beautiful night! We decided to go ahead and pick up the boys! They had been there for 2 1/2 hours!

When we got to the beach Club, there was a photopass photographer so Bryan and I had a few shots taken! I will share them when I get my CD but we did take one with our camera!

After our pictures, we picked the boys up and went to the Bus stop!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Last edited by dddisrunner; 07-26-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: