Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

What Parks on What Days?

Hey everyone. So we are most likely heading down to Disney again in Sept for 5 days/4 nights. We live in NC and are driving. It is about an 8 1/2 hour drive. Last year when we went, we went during my husband's R&R from Iraq. He had flown for like 24 hours, got home around noon, slept til 3am and then got up and drove us to Disney. Needless to say, he was exhausted. When we got there we went straight to magic kingdom after checking in and it rained. That was the only day we spent at MK and I was pretty bummed. I know it won't be the same this time because hubby will be well rested this time but I want to make sure we take full advantage of what the parks have to offer this time. Last time we were kind of doing it blind. We went to Epcot and spent the afternoon in the future side and never even travelled to all the countries. What do you think would be a good itinerary for us? It will be myself. I am 24 and will be about 23 weeks pregnant when we go, my hubby 27 who is just going because he loves me..lol...and our little girl Violette who will have just turned 3 a month prior. I don't think we'll end up going to Animal Kingdom. It was so so hot. We enjoyed the safari and seeing the animals but we can go to our zoo for that. DH doesn't do rollercoasters and I'll be preggo. So, we will most likely leave around 3am the night before check in and get there around 1130. We'll spend 5 days/4 nights and on the last day probably leave around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I would love to hear your opinions on what days we should spend where. Thanks so much!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

First of all, many, many thanks to your husband and to your family for all the sacrifices on our behalf.

OK, now to the nitty gritty:

Take a look at www.touringplans.com

As you get closer to your vacation, you can look at their crowd calendars-- they'll give you an idea of which parks are least likely to crowded on which days. Then take a look at their touring plans-- you can look at the freebies and decide whether or not it's worth the price to subscribe. They'll help you navigate the parks. (If you do subscribe, you can see September crowd calendars now.)

Will you be there for free dining? If so, you'll want to make those Advanced Dining Reservertions ASAP!!

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the link! I don't think we'll get free dining this time because we are using hubby's military ticket deal. I am calling Disney tomorrow. So, I'll find out then what they offer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: