Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
traveljunkie
Mouseketeer

Need help with new bag

I know, you're thinking NOT another "what bag to bring" question. I'm sorry in advance!

I need help deciding between three bags. I am going on a adult only trip to WDW in September. I won't need to haul around all the what-if supplies for my kids. Here's what I plan to have everyday: Canon camera (very small), extra memory card, chapstick, mini sunscreen, room key, park pass, money, phone, comb, couple of tylonol, sunglasses, fastpasses, notecards, maybe a poncho & (what am I forgetting)

Here's the bags I'm considering:

The Baggallini Triple Zip:
http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/trip...20triple%20zip

The Baggallini Large Wallet Bag:
http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/wall...?modelid=47357

The Vera Bradley Mini Hipster:
http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Stor...spx?Sku=10334&

Any comments needed about comfort, organization, size appreciated. Thanks!
****WDW----March 19-26, 2011--Wyndham Bonnet Creek***WDW - Sept09 VWL -- dad's 70th BD, mom, sister, brother & me**** DLR - Mar09 HOJO **** WDW - Mar08 POFQ - just me & my girls ****WDW - Aug05 -- Summer Bay **** WDW - July03 -- Seaworld Hilton Grand Vac. **** WDW - Jan01 -- Orange Lake ****WDW - July 2000 -- Embassy Grand Beach **** DL - Christmas Day 1998--Disneyland Hotel **** WDW - Oct 1996 **** DL - Nov 1988 Thanksgiving Day **** DL - 1980 1 day with parents
traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

I would go with the hipster. It is very lite weight.
A word of caution on the baggaline they will demagnatize your cards especially the disney card. One trip I had to have my card replaces 4 times because it got demagnatized. The next trip I switched to the hipster and no problems. I really felt as though I was not carring a purse it is that lite weight. When you buy it I would spray it will scotchguard fabric protector to repel and water and dirt.
You won't be sorry!
Oh one more thing. With the hipster I found it easier to carry items in a zip lock bag. That way I could pull out the bag and be able to see what I was looking for rather than searching in the bottom of the bag for my chap stick.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
tinkbutt
DIS Veteran

Everyone is different so I think you should just consider these few things....

1) how much do you need to carry
2) How long will it take you to get through security?? (too many pockets could be a bad thing)
3) while wearing this bag will it rub and cause pilling (My last bag ruined several shirts)
Old 07-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

The mini hipster will be too small with those things and the poncho. If you are only taking the flat things and you phone and camera it will be fine. The cord is thin but I do not find it uncomfortable. I am taking the VB small backpack this next trip and my mini hipsters. I have a Travelon bag but I like the personality of my VB better. My Mom took her backpack last year and loved it, I carried it around too and really liked it.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #5
pezheadmeg
feminsit turned fashion student

The Baggalini wallet bag is my go-to bag. I adore mine.

In it last August I was able to get the daily essentials. When I bring it, I actually don't bother with a wallet, everything just goes into the middle inside compartment. I just pop the KTTW card in the front outside zip pocket. If you fold the poncho up small enough, it fits perfectly. Or you can hope there's no rain in September.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
benolathe
Mouseketeer

Wow - I absolutely LOVE that Vera Bradley Mini Hipster. That looks perfect for me. The interior card slots and pockets on both sides is what sold it for me. And the material is just so gosh-darn cute! Also really like that the bag is made from soft fabric, not a 'crinkly' nylon or pleather.

Okay, now I've got to shop around to find the best place to buy one.
Disneyland (January 2004)
WDW (Dec 2009) [NYE was fabulous!]
Disneyland for CTMH Convention (July 2011)
benolathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
KEichman
Mouseketeer

The Mini Hipster IS a great bag...just not for the items the OP wants to bring. Dimensions are 6"x8"x1/2". The biggest issue is that 1/2" wide dimension...doesn't allow a lot of items, and they need to be relatively flat. That being said, I LOVE my Mini Hipster, but for me, it just would do for Disney.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
traveljunkie
Mouseketeer

thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my list wasn't very big my camera is only 3.5" x 2" x 3/4" and my phone is about the same but thinner. Is the poncho the biggest question? that item is very debatable for me to bring anyway. There's a luggage store near me that carries all three bags. Maybe I need to be a wierdo and bring my stuff and see which would work the best. I just (really) want to be a bag addict and get them all (and the Heys Travelmate too) but then it would absolutely verify to my husband that I'm nuts!!!!

since all three bags have thin straps, is that an issue for anyone? how about the vertical space(Vera Bradley) vs. horizontal (baggallini) one being better for digging stuff out?

Thanks again for the input, I really appreciate it from people who have been there, done that.
****WDW----March 19-26, 2011--Wyndham Bonnet Creek***WDW - Sept09 VWL -- dad's 70th BD, mom, sister, brother & me**** DLR - Mar09 HOJO **** WDW - Mar08 POFQ - just me & my girls ****WDW - Aug05 -- Summer Bay **** WDW - July03 -- Seaworld Hilton Grand Vac. **** WDW - Jan01 -- Orange Lake ****WDW - July 2000 -- Embassy Grand Beach **** DL - Christmas Day 1998--Disneyland Hotel **** WDW - Oct 1996 **** DL - Nov 1988 Thanksgiving Day **** DL - 1980 1 day with parents
Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Believing is Seeing.
"So make a wish, see it through. Dare to do what dreamers do."

I just got the Vera Bradley Hipster in Carnaby, the new color for fall, its too cute! Anyways, its a pretty good size bag, not to big not too small, I'm using for my trip to Rome in a couple of weeks!

The reason I went with the Hipster and not the Mini Hipster is because the Mini Hipster strap is NOT adjustable if you want to make it shorter you have to tie a knot in it, which i'm not too fond of...

The Hipster is adjustable its got a really strong magnetic closed pouch in the front which you could put your sunglasses (just tried in mine, fits perfectly fine), your chapstick, tylenol, and mini sunblock.

In the main pocket you could put your camera, memory cards, poncho, money, phone, comb.. and also which is nice theres three organization pockets inside where you could put your room key, park ticket, and fastpasses. I always bring a plastic baggie for whatever may happen as well.

In the back theres a zippered pocket for some more things maybe your money and such, think of it as a privacy pouch.. lol.

Well I know this isnt exactly what you were looking at but I love my Hipster. Thought i'd pass to a gal in need.

Have a great time!!

Last edited by Believing is Seeing.; 07-02-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Believing is Seeing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
fairyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveljunkie View Post
thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my list wasn't very big my camera is only 3.5" x 2" x 3/4" and my phone is about the same but thinner. Is the poncho the biggest question? that item is very debatable for me to bring anyway. There's a luggage store near me that carries all three bags. Maybe I need to be a wierdo and bring my stuff and see which would work the best. I just (really) want to be a bag addict and get them all (and the Heys Travelmate too) but then it would absolutely verify to my husband that I'm nuts!!!!

since all three bags have thin straps, is that an issue for anyone? how about the vertical space(Vera Bradley) vs. horizontal (baggallini) one being better for digging stuff out?

Thanks again for the input, I really appreciate it from people who have been there, done that.

Ok, I carried this baggalini

The thin strap was not that comfortable for all day.
I purchased a vera small backpack for my next trip.

I also have this le sportsac bag

It's much more comfortable but doesn't hold alot. It has a wider strap and would easily hold a small camera wallet and phone, but not much else.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
pezheadmeg
feminsit turned fashion student

I use the above mentioned LeSportsac in rotation with the Baggalini.

They do make a size that is slightly bigger. But the smaller one can comfotably hold my wallet, sunglasses (in a Vera Case), camera, blackberry, purell, lip gloss, tissues, and gum. It's just a matter of practicing how to pack it.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #12
traveljunkie
Mouseketeer

I bit the bullet. After watching & bidding on numerous Mini Hipsters, I bid and won a new with tags mini on Ebay last night. I'm happy with the price I paid ($20.01 including shipping). I'm going to give it a try and at the worst case, I will give it to one of my daughters for Christmas. I'm still on the lookout for a larger bag for the days I want to bring a poncho and my mini camcorder. I usually bring a backpack put I'm thinking about the Overland Equipment Donner for those days.

Any thoughts on that bag too?

Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: