Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #16
davidb69
Patiently waiting to see Mickey again

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Be sure to pack a bathing suit or change of clothes for your DD for your Epcot day. My little one's favorite thing in all of Disney were the fountains in Epcot. She loved playing in them and getting drenched each time we were there. She even says Epcot is her favorite park.

My younger boy spent probably an hour just running through the water and sitting on it as water came up. He enjoys it, drives me nuts so my wife likes it as well. In combination with Figment, Test Track and Mission Space, it makes the trip to Epcot a blast.
Pretrip Aug 2013 All Star Sports

Me Dave -44 DS Matthew -12 DW Melody -38 DS Luke -10
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #17
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb69 View Post
My younger boy spent probably an hour just running through the water and sitting on it as water came up. He enjoys it, drives me nuts so my wife likes it as well. In combination with Figment, Test Track and Mission Space, it makes the trip to Epcot a blast.
It is not my DH's favorite thing either, and the first time it made me a little nuts but she has such a blast that now I just plan it into our Epcot days and let her have some fun. I've never done Figment or Mission Space, but we do love Epcot. Is there anything about the Figment ride that could be considered scary? Not sure why that one never makes the list. Mission Space, on the other hand, I know exactly why that is not on the list. I do not want a pre-existing condition to be figured out that way for me or any of my family.
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #18
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

It's been a few days since I posted. Last weekend I was in New Orleans for a wedding and for the last few days I've been at jury duty (got selected for a jury).

I'll have to remember to bring DD's swimsuit to EPCOT for the fountains. Good suggestion!

Day 3

Today is a less planned day, with the only firm plans being spending the day at:

Later in the day, we'll probably head to:

Perhaps we'll also play a round at:
Old 07-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
TINKERIFIC
HOUSEHOLD CEO

HI, Texas neighbor. I am here along with you in this stifling Texas heat!!!Im subbing and waiting for more . Correct me if I am wrong, but this is your DD's 1st time? If so, OMG that is awesome. Plus it is her b-day. Plus she is perfect princess age. I remember those day. My DD was all about Ariel (she has red hair). I am so very excited for you (and the rest of your family).
NUMEROUS TRIPS TO DLR AS A CHILD; DLR 07/02 - DH & DD 1ST DISNEY EXPERIENCE; POP 12/05 DD8 8TH B-DAY & 1ST WDW TRIP; POFQ 02/07 DS 1ST TRIP & DD GYM MEET; DLR 06/07 DS 1ST B-DAY; POP 02/08 DD GYM MEET; CSR 12/08 NYE AND DD GYM MEET;DLR GCH-CONCIERGE 6/09 DS 3RD B-DAY; AKV 6/10 FATHERS DAY & DS 4TH BDAY - ME/DH/DD/DS/DF/DB/DSIL/DN; OKW 11/10 1ST F&W ADULTS ONLY; AKV 06/11 WDW WATER PARK 1ST TIMERS!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #20
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKERIFIC View Post
HI, Texas neighbor. I am here along with you in this stifling Texas heat!!!Im subbing and waiting for more . Correct me if I am wrong, but this is your DD's 1st time? If so, OMG that is awesome. Plus it is her b-day. Plus she is perfect princess age. I remember those day. My DD was all about Ariel (she has red hair). I am so very excited for you (and the rest of your family).
You're correct; it's her first time as well as her birthday. She's princess-obsessed; Sleeping Beauty seems to be her favorite.

Day 4

The big day; DD's birthday!

We're going to be up early this morning in order to get on the early bus from

to

because we have 8:35 reservations at...

The entire day is set aside for MK, so we'll see where it goes for the rest of the day.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Day 5

Another day that's not overly planned out.

Planning to spend the day at:

The Studios is kinda like Prince: "The theme park formerly known as Disney-MGM Studios".

We're eating dinner at:

And plan on attending the 8:30 performance of:

This is our only chance for Fantasmic, so this is a can't miss and pray it doesn't rain event.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you think of Mama Melrose. I am really on the fence on that one.

I will think happy rain free thoughts for your DHS day so you can see Fantasmic.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #23
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Day 6

Last full day in the World.

Today is one of the first days of:

We're not going.

However, in the morning we'll still be at the

Another ride on the:

To spend the evening at:

With our last dinner at:

We'll also be watching:

And it will be evening EMH at EPCOT; open until midnight!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Since we're 44 days out, I decided to check the dining system online to see if any Le Cellier reservations opened up. They didn't.

I find it a little odd that out of all the restaurants in World Showcase, a steakhouse is the most popular. Then again, I suppose many Americans don't like to branch out of their comfort zone. I'm sure the steak is quite good; my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Disneyland/Universal/San Diego Zoo/Sea World and ate at Steakhouse 55 our first night. The steak there might have been the best I've eaten. As an aside, if you're planning a trip to Disneyland, look into the Southern California CityPass; it includes 3 day park hoppers plus a ticket to Universal, Sea World, and either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It was quite a deal when we went.

I'm fine with what we have; getting Ohana, Chef Mickey's and CRT on the same trip was making me nervous when I was about to make reservations. Le Cellier wasn't really a huge concern comparatively.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #25
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Oh by the way, you might have noticed a change in the title. This is what DD has started saying lately, that Aurora is going to see her for her birthday. So if she's not at CRT, we're going to have to make that happen.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #26
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

We saw Aurora several times in France at Epcot. She is in the garden right past where you come across the bridge from England. Hopefully she'll be at CRT, but if not, there's always Epcot.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

We're under the 40 day mark. I'm having an idea of making a 30 day countdown calendar. I'll probably do it all on the computer with a picture of an attraction or restaurant, maybe a little blurb about it, and the number of days on each sheet. Staple the whole thing together and hang it on the refrigerator. Should be a fun way to get DD even more excited.

We're probably going to wing it for our last day. Get up, get dressed, pack up, check out of Pop and leave the bags, and go somewhere to ride and/or shop and/or eat until we need to be back for our bus to the airport.

I had originally planned to get a Pal Mickey on this trip when I was first planning for it way back when, but since he's out of production I've been looking at eBay. As I expected, those selling them are quite expensive. Anyone have any other ideas on finding one?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #28
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Alright, I made the 30 day countdown calendar tonight. Here's a screenshot of the final product.

One attraction, restaurant, or show each day for the last 30 days of the trip with a blurb about it underneath. I borrowed the blurbs from Wikipedia or the WDW website.

DD should have fun turning the calendar each day and seeing what's on the page.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

The countdown calendar looks great! I've never done one, I still think DD might be a little too young to get the whole concept.

I think it's a good idea to leave the last day flexible, then you can go back and see anything you missed or go repeat some favorites.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #30
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

The countdown calendar might make it a little more concrete; I don't think my daughter completely understands when I tell her we still have 38 days until we leave. If she wakes up in the morning and turns the calendar, she can see the number counting down and when it gets to 1 she knows the next day we're leaving.

Back when we finally booked the trip in February, it was over 180 days until the trip and I know she didn't really understand that.

My wife is going to take the printed calendar that I punched holes into and tie some ribbon or yarn around it I was thinking it could go on the refrigerator but it might be too thick to hold up with magnets.

Oh, one more thing. Disney needs to get an editor to look at those attraction pages. I found a couple of typos on them. Can't remember what it was now, though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: