Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #91
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!!!
PiperGirlInWondrland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #92
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Another great update Im so jealous of the room service.. we usually stay value so don't get that luxury. But you just are convincing more and more a hotel with room service would be fun.
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #93
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink_Or_Belle View Post
My kids and I love your review we are staying at beach club for the 1st time this year and they want to do in room dining. We are trying to imagine what our tables will look like with 5 people on the deluxe plan? you think the food will all fit? maybe we will do a breakfast to avoid appetizers and desserts all over the room if there are 5 in our room do we have to order for 5 ? maybe we could order 2 adult meals and 1 kids meal and share?
The food will NOT fit on the table. We usually kept our desserts on the counter in front of the television until we were ready to eat them. I'd still suggest Dinner because it's the best value and has really great food. 2 adult meals and 1 kids meal would be plenty. My Dad arrived towards the end of the trip and the three of us easily shared 2 room service meals twice. And one hint, the appetizers listed under "lunch" can be ordered at dinner as well. If you like Quesadillas, this was an excellent appetizer to order because it's a meal in itself. One other hint, you can ask housekeeping for a microwave. When we arrived in our room there was already one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Thanks for the lovely update. With the free dinning and then upgrading to Deluxe...I can't seem to settle on the resort, my choice for tonight is BC, CR or BLT (I was thinking of WL but my husband refuses to try that resort and I want to try every resort). I keep asking him and he said I thought he said we are staying at the Swan (which he loves b/c of the price, location and heavenly bed) but I told him with free dinning in the long run we save a few hundred dollars. So I'm driving him crazy and he doesn't want to go now but I'm still going and maybe invite my mom so I was thinking of BC or YC but I haven't done my research yet,
If it's between the BC and the YC - I'd go with the YC. We found that the rooms at the BC were inconsistent. We changed rooms 3 times. The first room was tiny - the size of a moderate - it had two double beds, no daybed, a standing balcony and was pretty far away from the lobby. The second room was the second last room at the absolute end of the hotel (very far walk) and had the neighbours from heck nextdoor. The third room was great but it took a lot of persistance to get it.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #94
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGirlInWondrland View Post
Great reviews!!!
Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Another great update Im so jealous of the room service.. we usually stay value so don't get that luxury. But you just are convincing more and more a hotel with room service would be fun.
I love room service and the disney deluxe hotels. But - there is always a part of me that thinks I should try a value and get to stay a lot longer.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #95
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thanks, for letting me know about the BC rooms. I'm still thinking and thinking where to stay and driving hubby crazy where to stay. His answer now is stay home. He is not into Disney but my son and I are so now I'm leaning towards CR. Thanks

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #96
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Thanks, for letting me know about the BC rooms. I'm still thinking and thinking where to stay and driving hubby crazy where to stay. His answer now is stay home. He is not into Disney but my son and I are so now I'm leaning towards CR. Thanks
I love the CR - very cool. And I love being in the Magic Kingdom area resorts. It is the one thing I really missed staying at the Beach Club - not being able to walk outside and see the castle.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #97
PrincessTrisha

Coral Reef lunch

So for breakfast Cindy got a coconut bar, a muffin (for me), a bottle of water and a bottle of juice for 1 meal credit and a yogurt parfait for a snack credit.

This stuff was okay but by noon we were both hungry. Our lunch reservation at Chefs de France wasn't until 2pm and we were by the Seas with Nemo so I thought I'd take a long shot and see if we could get into the Coral Reef. Surprisingly, they were able to seat us and we got a tank side seat (1st time in 4 visits).

Here Cindy got a non alcoholic strawberry daquiri (or something like that) and I got a diet coke with no ice (I was desparate for caffeine). They also serve the ciabatta bread which we each had a small piece of (the muffin I had for breakfast was dry so I only ate about half - I was really starving and I knew that the portions and CR aren't overly large).

We both started with the Land and Sea appetizer. Mmmmmm, I really enjoy the beef skewer. It's very tender and I like the BBQ sauce on it. Although I'm not a big fan of polenta, I find this one very creamy and buttery which makes it very easy to enjoy. The shrimp were still hot when the dish arrived so they were very freshly grilled.

For entrees I had the Lobster Ravioli. I had asked if I could have it without the capers but they are already in the sauce. The server assured me that there were only a few and they were easily picked out (she doesn't like capers either and said she did the same thing). There were very large pieces of claw meat in the dish and inside the ravioli was cheese mixed with minced lobster (I have a tendency to open up ravioli and eat them open - I know I'm weird but that's okay). This dish was very satisfying and a change from what I normally order here (the steak).

Cindy ordered the Mahi Mahi and pronounced it her favourite dish of the entire trip (and seeing what we had already eaten, I'm surprised). She really enjoyed everything about this dish and the plate (or bowl) was absolutely empty when she finished. I don't even think there was a grain of rice left.

We both ordered the same dessert - the butterscotch creme brulee. This was done perfectly and we both cleaned our dishes.

The food here was one of the best meals we had on the trip. The service however wasn't great - it was average at best, even boardering on "okay". The meal was very quick, I never got a refill on my pop and the server dropped off the bill while we were still eating dessert (first time that happened during the trip). Maybe it was because we ordered all three courses at the same time? This was the first place Cindy didn't have trouble making up her mind so when she was ready to order, she ordered all three courses. It didn't really put a damper on the experience though because the food and the view were both perfect but it is the first place that I didn't tip by rounding up the 20% to the nearest dollar (I tipped 18% rounded down to the nearest dollar).

If you're on the DxDDP, this is a great place to have lunch because the lunch menu is similar to their dinner menu and a great value. It was more expensive than our Spoodles or Sanaa dinners.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #98
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
I love room service and the disney deluxe hotels. But - there is always a part of me that thinks I should try a value and get to stay a lot longer.
That is why we stay Values so we can stay longer..

Oh and that creme brule looks delicious!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #99
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So for breakfast Cindy got a coconut bar, a muffin (for me), a bottle of water and a bottle of juice for 1 meal credit and a yogurt parfait for a snack credit.

This stuff was okay but by noon we were both hungry. Our lunch reservation at Chefs de France wasn't until 2pm and we were by the Seas with Nemo so I thought I'd take a long shot and see if we could get into the Coral Reef. Surprisingly, they were able to seat us and we got a tank side seat (1st time in 4 visits).

Here Cindy got a non alcoholic strawberry daquiri (or something like that) and I got a diet coke with no ice (I was desparate for caffeine). They also serve the ciabatta bread which we each had a small piece of (the muffin I had for breakfast was dry so I only ate about half - I was really starving and I knew that the portions and CR aren't overly large).

We both started with the Land and Sea appetizer. Mmmmmm, I really enjoy the beef skewer. It's very tender and I like the BBQ sauce on it. Although I'm not a big fan of polenta, I find this one very creamy and buttery which makes it very easy to enjoy. The shrimp were still hot when the dish arrived so they were very freshly grilled.

For entrees I had the Lobster Ravioli. I had asked if I could have it without the capers but they are already in the sauce. The server assured me that there were only a few and they were easily picked out (she doesn't like capers either and said she did the same thing). There were very large pieces of claw meat in the dish and inside the ravioli was cheese mixed with minced lobster (I have a tendency to open up ravioli and eat them open - I know I'm weird but that's okay). This dish was very satisfying and a change from what I normally order here (the steak).

Cindy ordered the Mahi Mahi and pronounced it her favourite dish of the entire trip (and seeing what we had already eaten, I'm surprised). She really enjoyed everything about this dish and the plate (or bowl) was absolutely empty when she finished. I don't even think there was a grain of rice left.

We both ordered the same dessert - the butterscotch creme brulee. This was done perfectly and we both cleaned our dishes.

The food here was one of the best meals we had on the trip. The service however wasn't great - it was average at best, even boardering on "okay". The meal was very quick, I never got a refill on my pop and the server dropped off the bill while we were still eating dessert (first time that happened during the trip). Maybe it was because we ordered all three courses at the same time? This was the first place Cindy didn't have trouble making up her mind so when she was ready to order, she ordered all three courses. It didn't really put a damper on the experience though because the food and the view were both perfect but it is the first place that I didn't tip by rounding up the 20% to the nearest dollar (I tipped 18% rounded down to the nearest dollar).

If you're on the DxDDP, this is a great place to have lunch because the lunch menu is similar to their dinner menu and a great value. It was more expensive than our Spoodles or Sanaa dinners.

The Mahi Mahi at the Coral Reef is my fave of all our trips also! Glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait for our sept trip to eat it again!

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #100
PrincessTrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
That is why we stay Values so we can stay longer..

Oh and that creme brule looks delicious!
It was a very good creme brulee - a hint of butterscotch but not overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
The Mahi Mahi at the Coral Reef is my fave of all our trips also! Glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait for our sept trip to eat it again!
Hope you have a great trip in September - it's getting close!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #101
PrincessTrisha

Room Service #3

This one is light on the pictures because, well, we already had pictures of most of what we ordered.

This is the day my Dad arrived. We were expecting him sometime Thursday but instead he arrived about 6pm Wednesday night - he made really good time driving and only slept for about 5 hours (since he had really noisy neighbours at the motel he stopped at). I made him show me the motel receipt to prove he stopped because I was concerned he did the 23 hour drive without stopping.

Anyways - we were debating on where to have dinner. Cindy and I had dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 7pm but my Dad didn't want to use a park ticket just for dinner. I was also trying to explain to the two of them that I would have to pay for 1 meal because only 2 of us could use dining credits since only two of us were on the plan. I had the hardest time getting this through to them. Finally after much back and forth, we ordered room service again - we ordered 2 of the shrimp appetizers, 2 Filet Mignon's with baked potatoes and vegetables and two desserts. We also ordered two bottles of Evian water for the drinks.

We each ate 4 shrimp (six plus six = 12 divided by 3 = 4). These were just as plump as the previous bunch.

We cut pieces off of the two steaks and sliced off some of the baked potatoes and split up the veggies. There was lots of food for 3 people - we were all stuffed. The steak was even more tender than the night before and both were cooked a perfect medium. One serving of the veggies had a ton of the portebello mushrooms and the other serving had only a few but that is the only downside I could say about this meal.

My Dad had some fruit pies (you know those packaged ones that look like half moons) so he had those for dessert (he LOVES them - well, a certain brand of them and you can't get them in Canada so he's always happy when he gets them).

Cindy ordered the Key Lime Pie. This was a little sweeter than I like key lime (I like it more tart) but still a nice dessert.

I ordered the double chocolate cheesecake - it's white chocolate cheesecake on the outside and inside the centre is chocolate cheesecake. The top was covered with sweet fresh berries. It was a good cheesecake but honestly, I have had better.

This was a good choice for the three of us since it didn't cost me anything out of pocket - not even the tip and we were all full afterwards.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #102
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

great update...love those room services...its great that tip is included.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #103
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

I can see why that resort in the book I was reading voted it number one for roomservice!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #104
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:

If it's between the BC and the YC - I'd go with the YC. We found that the rooms at the BC were inconsistent. We changed rooms 3 times. The first room was tiny - the size of a moderate - it had two double beds, no daybed, a standing balcony and was pretty far away from the lobby. The second room was the second last room at the absolute end of the hotel (very far walk) and had the neighbours from heck nextdoor. The third room was great but it took a lot of persistance to get it.
This has me a bit alarmed. Here I am looking forward to staying at the BC because I hear the rooms have been updated and I thought they were all nice. I don't think I can really make any room requests since we are already asking for connecting rooms, so if I get that I fell I will be lucky.

We stayed at the YC a couple of years ago and had to change rooms because the first room smelled musky and the one we ended up in seemed in dire need of updating.

Maybe I should request a day bed as well as connecting, then I might get a good one?

Thanks for the GREAT reviews!!!

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #105
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Great reviews. I was wondering if you had a problem at Sanaa getting the bread sampler and another appitizer? I was thinking sicne the bread sampler says for 2 they might make us share it.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: